Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to be Re-Themed?

Rodan75

I don’t think a retheme is enough here. It also needs a retrack. People complain about Thumder and Space but nothing at Disney batters you around lik this thing (and not in a good way). For the price of an off the shelf vekoma they may as well just start again

It has rapidly gotten worse over the last couple of years. one by one they are going to have to do major refurbs on these coasters and it is going to be painful to capacity.

KBLovedDisney

What if they made it a sequel ride to Space Mountain?:cautious:

You would get back into space, but this is where they would use projections, wisely I might add and not overdone. You would zoom through space (not Star Wars), but maybe something in a slight connection to Guardians?

I'm babbling.

matt9112

I don’t think a retheme is enough here. It also needs a retrack. People complain about Thumder and Space but nothing at Disney batters you around lik this thing (and not in a good way). For the price of an off the shelf vekoma they may as well just start again

to be fair vekomas are not known to be smooth. this is not b&m you think disney has that kind of cash? ;) this coaster is smooth by vekoma standards...ever ride there off the shelf classic compact suspended inverter? now thats rough. with that being said a retrack would obviously do wonders for aging.

mikejs78

Premium Member
New theming:

TWDC Mad Money Dash, in which they race to empty your pockets...
... the cost of fountain drinks pushed me over the edge.
Really? Disney fountain drinks are cheap compared to other entertainment venues. Disney's soda price is less than the cost of a Soda at 22 of the 30 MLB stadiums for example, and cheaper than all but two NFL stadiums.

Obobru

Really? Disney fountain drinks are cheap compared to other entertainment venues. Disney's soda price is less than the cost of a Soda at 22 of the 30 MLB stadiums for example, and cheaper than all but two NFL stadiums.

Do you spend 5-7 days in your local stadium? Are you able to have a tailgate party in the Disney parking lot? Nope! They are not compatible as a stadium needs to earn a lot of cash in a short time and is a different experience. It would be like me writing a post comparing Disney's prices to a McDonald's, it's pointless so we need to compare Disney's prices to the past pricing and level of increases. You might argue we should compare them to other Orlando theme parks but I would then counter that they just follow what Disney is doing so they are not a good comparison either.

I love Queen so much that I'd hate to see their legacy get in bed with Disney.

You do know Hollywood Records is owned by Disney. And that Queen signed with them in 1990. And that Hollywood Records has exclusive distribution rights for Queen's entire catalog in North America. And two albums were released with that label. You did know all that already, right?

Good thing that almost 20 years together is not "getting in bed".

mikejs78

Premium Member
Do you spend 5-7 days in your local stadium? Are you able to have a tailgate party in the Disney parking lot? Nope! They are not compatible as a stadium needs to earn a lot of cash in a short time and is a different experience. It would be like me writing a post comparing Disney's prices to a McDonald's, it's pointless so we need to compare Disney's prices to the past pricing and level of increases. You might argue we should compare them to other Orlando theme parks but I would then counter that they just follow what Disney is doing so they are not a good comparison either.

Cost of Regular Soda at Six Flags: $4.75
Cost of Regular Soda at Cedar Point: $4.49
Cost of Regular Soda at Universal: $3.29
Cost of Regular Soda at Disney: $3.99

So in the venue of parks with rides, Disney is in the lower tier (Note I couldn't find price info for Bush Gardens/Seaworld...). $3.99 is high for a Soda, but comparatively for similar amusement enterprises, Disney is on the lower side (although Universal is lower).

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Cost of Regular Soda at Six Flags: $4.75
Cost of Regular Soda at Cedar Point: $4.49
Cost of Regular Soda at Universal: $3.29
Cost of Regular Soda at Disney: $3.99

So in the venue of parks with rides, Disney is in the lower tier (Note I couldn't find price info for Bush Gardens/Seaworld...). $3.99 is high for a Soda, but comparatively for similar amusement enterprises, Disney is on the lower side (although Universal is lower).
The cost probably increased 30 cents since you posted

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom