News Disney's Hollywood Studios to mark its 30th year with new logo

Animaniac93-98

I don't know why they're changing the name, it always sounded good to me...

1542670486495.png

;)

Tick Tock

A park by any other name would still be a park. In this case, be it Disney/MGM studios or Disney's Hollywood Studios it is still 30 years old. If a woman changes her name when she gets married does that mean that she is only as old as she has been married? Some would like that, but it isn't true even in the slightest. So no, that's not picky, that's just not a valid point.
So you're saying the new name is gonna be:
"Mrs. Disney's Hollywood Studios" , eh?

Goofyernmost

So you're saying the new name is gonna be:
"Mrs. Disney's Hollywood Studios" , eh?
Works for me... As long as there's something fun to do inside I wouldn't care if they called it The Great Florida Outhouse. :D
Considering the amount of crap the place has taken over the last 10 years or so, it seem appropriate.

Kman101

They're not changing the name.

And I'm glad they aren't. Hollywood Studios is fine. Universal Studios Florida has existed just fine for almost 30 years doing almost exactly what HS will be doing, showcasing rides through their films instead of being about production; except we somehow venture into a Galaxy Far Far Away ... if they marketed it better it's an interesting concept of visiting a studios park and then being transported into lands. It just somehow doesn't always translate, but I think it could once SWGE opens.

KrazyKat

I wish they would change the name next May instead. I know it's unnecessary, but the studio aspect is gone. They could have either done a major change or just a minor one like "Disney's Hollywood Adventure".
That’s the name I would’ve gone with but then when you think about it, there are true stories of people going to WDW looking for Harry Potter not realizing that it’s at a completely different resort having nothing to do with Disney. Universal already has an “Islands of Adventure” so imagine some people getting even more confused with the name “Adventure”.

Yes, some people really are that silly:bored:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Goofyernmost

That’s the name I would’ve gone with but then when you think about it, there are true stories of people going to WDW looking for Harry Potter not realizing that it’s at a completely different resort having nothing to do with Disney. Universal already has an “Islands of Adventure” so imagine some people getting even more confused with the name “Adventure”.

Yes, some people really are that silly:bored:
As long as "silly" means the same thing as dumber then a bucket of rocks. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom