The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

Dunston

@Loopzoop444 ... WHERE DID YOU FIND THE CAST MEMBERS AND MOLD PICS...
I must know!

M-maybe... maybe there's more... I can find... Just maybe... maybe...:cry:
That alien has such a great design and it's a shame you never really got to see it... It's like Predator had an unholy baby with Maleficent and one of the Buena Vista gators that chill in River Country...!

p.s. im pourin one out for morpheus
I'm just a human boy using the search engine of google

danheaton

We experienced the Alien Encounter in December 1994 before the changes, though I don't have a great memory. I went there again in May 1998, and it was one of the highlights of the trip. I'm still amazed that an attraction where an alien basically eats people in your ears was at Disney World. I loved that they took the chance and tried something different.

macefamily

I used to love Alien Encounter ! However, it had more of a Universal Studios vibe as far as a thrill ride. I could see why they wanted to 'soften' it up. I took my 6 yr old daughter on it. Big mistake.

Den Carter

Just stumbled across this thread and enjoyed reading the comments from 14 years ago saying ‘Loved this. Hopefully Stitch will be good’ etc. Now Stitch is gone (and good riddance, in my view), I wonder what’ll come next?

In any case, I loved the scary Alien Encounter and wish they’d be brave enough to do something as cool as this again... but I doubt it.

WDWTank

Just stumbled across this thread and enjoyed reading the comments from 14 years ago saying ‘Loved this. Hopefully Stitch will be good’ etc. Now Stitch is gone (and good riddance, in my view), I wonder what’ll come next?

In any case, I loved the scary Alien Encounter and wish they’d be brave enough to do something as cool as this again... but I doubt it.
They should :D :D

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I love this attraction, even though I was 1 when it closed and I've only been on Stitch (which my mom thought was lame.) I have a crush on S.I.R. That voice...
i'd have to say that my favorite memory with Alien Encounter, though, is when both rooms on the ride broke down. The first two preshows worked well, but we were held back by a cast member before heading to the actually attraction. I got to hang out with my friends, chat, meet new people, and see skippy's performance multiple times. lol. A lot of people left as well so there were just a few of us left and they eventually got one room fixed, i think that the mister was broken in it though, the seats almost seemed to be sopping wet and i feared about electrocution. lol.
I would've LOVED to be in that situation. I would start saying stupid stuff to S.I.R. like "Am I really your dear friend?" and "May I really call you S.I.R.?"

some other guy

I think it was going to be like Alien Encounter. But they couldn't get the rights or were too cheap to buy Alien.
well, yeah, iirc the Piccadilly walkthrough attraction was "you're on a walking tour of a WY research lab and Things Go Terribly Wrong (tm Theme Parks)", I think the Scotland was described as similar but it was a dark ride?
but still basic "science will happen on your science tour experience oh no xenos" setup

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
S.I.R. is way better than Ash. Fight me. Also, he's similar to OG Boba Fett (in the Star Wars Holiday Special), what with both's disdain of "lower life forms" and constant usage of "friend."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom