Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

Disney Maddux

First off, don’t treat your opinion like fact. It makes you come off as obnoxious. And I agree that Zootopia wouldn’t really fit well in most of the park: The only place that it would work is where RPW is right now due to its isolation. As I already said, I’d be just as happy if it was it was in DHS instead, but I feel it would “fit” the most in that part of DAK, but not the rest of it. (It would feel severely out of place if in any other section of the park, like the UP show in Asia) Why shouldn’t we have a land of anthropomorphic animals in a park dedicated to animals? Plus with the addition of Pandora it’s proven that IPs can fit into DAK. And it’s just a rumor. Rumors are not always fact.
^^^^^

Disney Maddux

Thank you. :)

So many insiders just did a drive by in this thread to tell everyone it is not happening in WDW that I actually was trying to orient the thread to its stated purpose. I literally forgot about this thread/rumour until you came back in!

Can our resident Zootopia fans please just leave DAK out of this thread and celebrate that a land is actually planned for one of Disney's resorts?
But I can’t afford to go to Shanghai :(

BrianLo

But I can’t afford to go to Shanghai :(

Neither can I... (At least, not now) Not all of us can afford to go to China just to see this land in all of its glory. That’s why I’m hoping for it to come to WDW in some capacity.

That's completely fair to want those things!

But this is a Shanghai thread in the Asian forum about a Shanghai addition... we've spent the majority of the time talking about WDW. There are more appropriate threads for those arguments.

I'm trying to fish for more info about this land that is actually coming (it took until the 4th insider drive by to actually drag that out of someone) and it keeps being derailed...

The Visionary Soul

Neither can I... (At least, not now) Not all of us can afford to go to China just to see this land in all of its glory. That’s why I’m hoping for it to come to WDW in some capacity.
That’s insane. I saw flights to Shanghai last week for $400 round trip.
That's completely fair to want those things!

But this is a Shanghai thread in the Asian forum about a Shanghai addition... we've spent the majority of the time talking about WDW. There are more appropriate threads for those arguments.

I'm trying to fish for more info about this land that is actually coming (it took until the 4th insider drive by to actually drag that out of someone) and it keeps being derailed...
Exactly what do you want to know? Nothing will be completely finalized until about 3 months before construction. Right now there’s a main ride in a patrol car taking you through the different suburb districts, some kinda speakeasy mafia bar themed to Mr. Big and the polar bears, and a sweets shop. Should be fairly nice, assuming they stick to the current plans.

D231016

Exactly what do you want to know? Nothing will be completely finalized until about 3 months before construction. Right now there’s a main ride in a patrol car taking you through the different suburb districts, some kinda speakeasy mafia bar themed to Mr. Big and the polar bears, and a sweets shop. Should be fairly nice, assuming they stick to the current plans.
Does the ride use the same ride system as Radiator Springs Racers?

Disney Maddux

Holy crap that sounds awesome!!!!

NickWilde

Oh my gosh, YES!!! That sounds amazing!

BrianLo

Thanks, that's better than I expected to drag out. :D

Do you think (or know) if these are the sole current expansion plans for Shanghai? What kind of timeframe are we looking at here?

WoodyAnaheim

That would be a new land, right? How many attractions will it have? Based on the movie, one land is not big enough to cover the whole Zootopia city, with different climates and related buildings. How's WDI going to solve that? Probably like what Universal is doing with Harry Potter, a different land is built in each gate, joined by a monorail which is the same as in the movie. SDR definitely needs some transportation around the park.

It was in the early conceptual designs... but now I think it’s the same ride system as Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.

GiveMeTheMusic

That would be a new land, right? How many attractions will it have? Based on the movie, one land is not big enough to cover the whole Zootopia city, with different climates and related buildings. How's WDI going to solve that? Probably like what Universal is doing with Harry Potter, a different land is built in each gate, joined by a monorail which is the same as in the movie. SDR definitely needs some transportation around the park.

Zootopia is currently set to be a mini-land - one attraction. They are not building multiple Zootopia lands in SDL and linking them via monorail.

The Visionary Soul

Not gonna happen.

Magic Feather

I don’t know about you, but, I heard that the entire pad next to Shanghai Disneyland Park will be to make Zootopia a reality! Guests will get to go through all of their favorite lands, like Tundra Town and the One That Looks like a Rainforest, each with multiple unique E-Ticket attraction experiences. Even better, in the Zootopia City Center, guests can stay at the Zootopia Inn and Suites, where costumes will be made available to guests so that they can truly become a member of the Zootopia Community, fur and all!

/sarc

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t know about you, but, I heard that the entire pad next to Shanghai Disneyland Park will be to make Zootopia a reality! Guests will get to go through all of their favorite lands, like Tundra Town and the One That Looks like a Rainforest, each with multiple unique E-Ticket attraction experiences. Even better, in the Zootopia City Center, guests can stay at the Zootopia Inn and Suites, where costumes will be made available to guests so that they can truly become a member of the Zootopia Community, fur and all!

/sarc

FurryTown!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom