Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’ve obviously never been on Mission to Mars, what was it exactly? Was the whole attraction just watching a small circle screen on the floor and one on the ceiling? Sounds kinda lame if there wasn’t anything else to it...
That was pretty much it, other than pneudraulic seats that rumbled and inflated/deflated in rough synchrony to the images.

geekza

I’ve obviously never been on Mission to Mars, what was it exactly? Was the whole attraction just watching a small circle screen on the floor and one on the ceiling? Sounds kinda lame if there wasn’t anything else to it...
Honestly, while it wasn't a thrill ride, the overall effect was decent. I was quite fond of it as a kid. It wasn't something that people would be drawn to nowadays, though.

Lensman

Without checking I *think* I included some of it in this one.
The first 5 minutes are dedicated to Mission to the Moon. You have some stills from the Mission to the Moon and then the video from the theater. The Mission to Mars segment has video camera footage of the attraction.

What's remarkable to me is how similar the passageways, preshow layout, and main show room were to AE and SGE.

I have dim memories of Mission to Mars, but it's been so long.

Cesar R M

Do those game developers really think that RIP is pronounced 'rip' and not 'rest in peace'? Does that character pronounce 'etc...' as 'etk' or 'Mrs.' as 'mrrs'? Or, is it a sign of that character being edgy, or dumb, or that the world is in a new Dark Age?
RIP IN PEACE.

They trick the AAs into falling into a huge vat of molten metal.
Do they give the thumbs up as they dramatically slip into the pool of molten metal?

KBLovedDisney

RIP IN PEACE.

Do they give the thumbs up as they dramatically slip into the pool of molten metal?
They got....The DIP.

giphy.gif

gmajew

Premium Member
MGMT continues to amaze me..... I get closing this attraction to seasonal. I dont get removing it until something else is actually planned and in the works.

This section of the park needs capacity even if this ride is horrible which I felt it was just meh it should have stayed open to balance the lines out.

Another fail for out great MGMT team

T.Will

MGMT continues to amaze me..... I get closing this attraction to seasonal. I dont get removing it until something else is actually planned and in the works.

This section of the park needs capacity even if this ride is horrible which I felt it was just meh it should have stayed open to balance the lines out.

Another fail for out great MGMT team
It's not the first time something like this occurred. They closed Superstar Limo at DCA with no plans of a replacement, and the park was pretty bare on rides at the time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom