Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Rich Brownn

small world has a lot of show problems, so many of the spinning moving effects from the ceiling are not working, lights burnt out in the finale room, removed tiles like others mentioned, the load/unload looks like crap Im sorry to say, its just so ugly and dirty...they really need to start addressing things. but show quality comes last now, they should be embarrassed.
This missing tiles were like that immediately after the very extensive from-the-ground-up refers years ago. Thats what confuses me. There must be some reason why there are gaps but never can figure out why

mergatroid

small world has a lot of show problems, so many of the spinning moving effects from the ceiling are not working, lights burnt out in the finale room, removed tiles like others mentioned, the load/unload looks like crap Im sorry to say, its just so ugly and dirty...they really need to start addressing things. but show quality comes last now, they should be embarrassed.

Was on IASW last week and have to say didn't notice these things? What looks crap about load, I'm being serious I've been going for over 40 years and don't know what crap I should have noticed? Didn't notice dirt or burnt out lights and was specifically looking at one point after reading stuff on here. One thing I'll give you is that it's a shame they got rid of the doll on a bike riding a tightrope, but I can't see how it's now ugly or dirty.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was on IASW last week and have to say didn't notice these things? What looks crap about load, I'm being serious I've been going for over 40 years and don't know what crap I should have noticed? Didn't notice dirt or burnt out lights and was specifically looking at one point after reading stuff on here. One thing I'll give you is that it's a shame they got rid of the doll on a bike riding a tightrope, but I can't see how it's now ugly or dirty.
It’s been cleaned since last month then? Great!

mergatroid

It’s been cleaned since last month then? Great!

No idea Martin, I just couldn't see any dirt and then got tired of looking for it :)

I've got to say though it's a shame that the whole dolls coming out of the clocks at loading happens so infrequently. If the queues only 10 mins or so you'll most likely miss it.

FullSailDan

No idea Martin, I just couldn't see any dirt and then got tired of looking for it :)

I've got to say though it's a shame that the whole dolls coming out of the clocks at loading happens so infrequently. If the queues only 10 mins or so you'll most likely miss it.

I rode last Friday and things did indeed look to be a bit cleaned up but not quite perfect. There were still some bulbs that needed replaced during load, some paint that needs touched up, and some cleaning/scrubbing of some areas where it looks like the water is either leaving scum or facilitating mold growth.

Funnily enough, the biggest issue I saw was the clock being several minutes off.

aladdin2007

I think its ugly, compared to the previous design which use to have lights and fountains and was more open. Now its nothing but metal walkways etc and I just dont care for all the white which did look dirty to me. If that and other things have been cleaned up/fixed since September like martin mentioned then agree, great! But earlier last month issues as noted were there. But just my opinion.

Last edited:

mergatroid

I think its ugly, compared to the previous design which use to have lights and fountains and was more open. Now its nothing but metal walkways etc and I just dont care for all the white which did look dirty to me. If that and other things have been cleaned up/fixed since September like martin mentioned then agree, great! But earlier last month issues as noted were there. But just my opinion.

Fair enough and thanks for the reply

Goofyernmost

Does anyone have any pictures of what it "used to be". I saw it for the first time in 1983 and I don't remember anything other then the metal ramp. Not saying it wasn't different, I just don't remember it being any different in a major way. Disneyland's was different with the fact that it had outside portions and fancy facade, but, that one I've only been on once so I don't know much of the detail other then what I have already mentioned. We are still talking about WDW right?

mergatroid

Does anyone have any pictures of what it "used to be". I saw it for the first time in 1983 and I don't remember anything other then the metal ramp. Not saying it wasn't different, I just don't remember it being any different in a major way. Disneyland's was different with the fact that it had outside portions and fancy facade, but, that one I've only been on once so I don't know much of the detail other then what I have already mentioned. We are still talking about WDW right?

Well I've found these from before they added the big clocks at load, got to say it looks inferior to me. Not sure what date this was taken though as I didn't take it. Had Disney taken the version we have now and changed it to this older version, I think this site would go into meltdown over taking stuff away!

iaswdw.jpg

it's%20a%20small%20world%2002.jpg

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does anyone have any pictures of what it "used to be". I saw it for the first time in 1983 and I don't remember anything other then the metal ramp?
You used to queue and load via what’s now unload. A smaller ramp led from unload (today’s load), across the mural, and out. Today’s double width queue bridge and ramps replaced this older ramp in the 2005-ish refurb.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

If the queue is 30 minutes and the clock went off every 5 or 10 minutes you would get annoyed seeing it so often! Every 15 minutes is enough for a nice surprise.

PizzaPlanet

Well I've found these from before they added the big clocks at load, got to say it looks inferior to me. Not sure what date this was taken though as I didn't take it. Had Disney taken the version we have now and changed it to this older version, I think this site would go into meltdown over taking stuff away!

iaswdw.jpg

it's%20a%20small%20world%2002.jpg

This is interesting, I thought WDW had the clock face since day 1. When was it added?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom