Disney Announces New Nature Resort on Bay Lake

note2001

I like the fact that that area is being built out. I think eventually we may see more done on Bay Lake. As for this area that comprises of FW, WL, the new DVC on the old RC property and now the Nature resort - the first thing that comes to mind - is they need some type of entertainment district.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pioneer Hall being built out a bit to include some more dining, drinking, shopping and entertainment options. Not necessarily saying an old fashioned old west ghost town (although if done right - that would be cool). But they need somewhere convenient for all these people to go - outside the parks and Disney Springs.
I agree it is good that Disney is doing away with the rotting corpse of a water park that is formerly known as River Country. Not nice looking at satellite imaging of the area only to have nice memories stomped upon by the gore.

I wish Disney would be serious about cleaning up their messes and not wait decades for a profitable idea to come along before they tackle them.

As for filling out the lake area with more resorts and shopping. I'm against that idea 100%. We know that day is coming, but doesn't change that I don't want it to.

Last edited:

WEDwaydatamover

I thought that I understood how things worked at WDW to a degree. I clearly have no idea, whatsoever.

How do these atrocities get greenlit and so darn fast?

Not the concept but the declaration that they are building _____ where? and why such a horrible design? The worst design you could pick. Why?

Is Georgie so removed living at Golden Oak and entertaining at Club 16.5's that he is punch drunk and completely lost it?

I say yes.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bit of a difference between refitting a space to suit a new tenant and something like Star Wars Land no?

Yes...of course...

But do you think they’re realing “going after it” in park construction? Which used to be a hallmark of Disney construction?

Or is it more “X date is fine”?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I thought that I understood how things worked at WDW to a degree. I clearly have no idea, whatsoever.

Not the concept but the declaration that they are building _____ where? and why such a horrible design? The worst design you could pick. Why?

Is Georgie so removed living at Golden Oak and entertaining at Club 16.5's that he is punch drunk and completely lost it?

I say yes.

I honestly don’t see the desirability of this spot...

Unless you can mooch of the camp ground...the lodge...and to a degree the four seasons by proximity...

I think that a poly add on is next...or a grand Floridian refurbish...and this got moved ahead.

By that time - the management will be long gone and nobody cares what comes of all this beyond projecting “growth” to Wall Street.

I think tbe same thing is happening with the marvel and Star Wars IP...

Live for the moment

Naplesgolfer

I say yes.

I don't believe George Kalogridis is high enough up to have much of a say over this resort addition. It's Burbank.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Noooooo please! No more destroying of the Polynesian. Is TDO going to add a- where the Beatles broke up "officially" in 1974 suite for $1,000 a night?

Dedicated to John Lennon and May Pang 1974.

They might as well add an interactive charcoal brushed tombstone on the grass for Loko Ono.

Oh...it’s gonna happen. This is a good way to summarize the campground and Caribbean debates we’ve had for the last couple of days.

They must continue to build and sell DVC...and they aren’t going to build them without sucking operations off adjacent, Long paid for properties. Poly phase 2 is coming...that is one internet rumor that I believe...once transport work around the magic kingdom is done...a plot will “open up”

Piece of a bigger puzzle.

peter11435

Hard to fathom not getting the ratatouille or Tron clones done In about 18 months flat...if they wanted too...

Seems deliberate.

Yeah, they could if they wanted to. But they don’t want to and they don’t need to because they already have a date in mind to suit their business. It’s not as if they don’t have major attractions opening every year from 2017 - 2022 at the very least.

Lensman

If anyone is bored...take a look at the Disney board.

Ex execs of now failed companies...corporate raiders...
It would be pretty shocking if people bothered to look...
I'm not generally a defender of most board of directors, but the current Disney doesn't strike me as hyperbolically bad as you've described it. And it's certainly not as bad as it was in the '90s!

There are certainly some people like what you describe on the board - Sears, Potbelly (arguably), Blackberry, GM, etc. But it could be argued that Mary Barra has done a credible job at GM relative to other auto CEOs. I can't speak offhand about the rest. And on the other side, I wouldn't describe Estee Lauder, Nike, Oracle, and Illumina as failed companies.

But what do you think the board is pushing the company to do that has resulted in this resort proposal getting the green light? Or is this just another off-topic diversion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom