Expedition Everest effects status watch

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
It mentioned the "elbow". For all intents and purposes, it is the same thing. There is joint in the arm that is the problem. Imagineing noticed the problem early on and suggested an increase in the maintenance schedule to fix it. Due to the area being incredibly hard to access, the increased maintenance was never performed. (there have been some that have suggested that even the original maintenance schedule was never followed).

Weather that issue resulted in damage to what is essentially the yeti's back is still a bit up in the air, but if I am not mistaken @marni1971 has indicated that is has.

I do not believe the "other structural supports" refers to the foundation, but instead to other structural elements inside the AA as the post you quoted explicitly states otherwise.
The reference to "other structural supports" was intended to refer to components of the animatronic itself, or to related supports that anchor/attach the yeti to the foundation or main support structure. I can't say for certain, but the idea that the foundation was somehow undersized or inadequate is just not very credible IMO, given what I know about WDW engineering practices, and that is backed up by the conversation I had with this one CM.

Yes, the soils below the foundation are "flawed" - as are the soils below every single structure in WDW. That issue is addressed in the design of foundations for anything built on property (or in central FL for that matter). Again, I haven't seen the thing in person so I can't say I'm 100% certain, but the strong impression given by the Imagineer was that the issue is the animatronic itself and not related to structural or foundation problems.

NormC

The reference to "other structural supports" was intended to refer to components of the animatronic itself, or to related supports that anchor/attach the yeti to the foundation or main support structure. I can't say for certain, but the idea that the foundation was somehow undersized or inadequate is just not very credible IMO, given what I know about WDW engineering practices, and that is backed up by the conversation I had with this one CM..
Thanks, that is exactly what I was trying to say.

Doug Means

This has probably been said a few pages back, but I think this is becoming more so of a Yeti Appreciation Thread.
does anyone appreciate the yeti? i'd love to say i appreciates the yeti. i was lucky enough to see it when it first opened, and it was great. but then there have been several times i have ridden EE that there wasn't any type of light even on the yeti so you couldn't see it at all. then there has always been disco yeti. but its hard to appreciate something most people haven't even really seen, and that hasn't been working for so long that its even easy to forget where it even is.

KBLovedDisney

does anyone appreciate the yeti? i'd love to say i appreciates the yeti. i was lucky enough to see it when it first opened, and it was great. but then there have been several times i have ridden EE that there wasn't any type of light even on the yeti so you couldn't see it at all. then there has always been disco yeti. but its hard to appreciate something most people haven't even really seen, and that hasn't been working for so long that its even easy to forget where it even is.
I guess I should have said "Disco Yeti Appreciation Thread";)

I was one of the fortunate ones who got to see it during the soft opening and then grand opening. It was glorious, and then for it suddenly to become a Yeti statue in strobe light...was sad. But it has become the norm, unfortunately.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I unfortunately never got to see the yeti in movement. Actually who am I kidding, i've only seen this attraction in videos lol.

But think about the Jurassic Park attraction T-rex; On opening day, that thing was terrifying. Today (or when it was open), it looked toned-down and somehow like it was walking on air. I hope they wow the crowd with the new Jurassic World makeover.

Yeti should be revamped to be more like 1997 trex and less like a statue. How is it that technology in the 90's and 2000's gave us some of the best attractions in the world but in a majority of new attractions today this sort of thing is (arguably) absent?

(Opening day - Video starts on T-Rex)

(2010 - Video starts on T-rex)

EDIT: :rolleyes:
1539969426790.png

Fantasmicguy

Just a random late night opinion about something that's been on my mind for a few years now. A long time ago I read someone say they'd like the Yeti to be covered by a screen showing the Yeti moving or something like that similar to the screen showing just the shadow earlier in the ride. I can't help but to think that would be way worse. Like I feel like the static Disco Yeti sitting up there is still way more menancing than a screen could ever be. Just the massive size and scary design helps alot. If I could choose it would be like A Mode> Disco> Screen> Absolutely Nothing. Sorry to disrupt the thread but I just wanted to finaly put that thought out there somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom