The Merch Alert Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
I will admit, I really love these new 90's VHS clamshell style journals.
They sell them in the parks at the little shop next to the Main Street Cinema.

https://www.shopdisney.com/beauty-and-the-beast-vhs-case-journal-oh-my-disney-1488579

file_c928526d.jpeg

I love the concept. Just wish it was anything but a journal. It would be cool if they made replicas that still looked like a VHS cover inside with some sort of collectible in there.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Yea I remember seeing one of those on eBay listed for a steep price. I meant fur like visible actual fur. With these flocked pieces it seems like you wouldn’t notice the difference unless you’re holding it. Don’t get me wrong I would prefer it to the all plastic one. It’d Be nice if it was standard practice for them to Flock anything animal/ creature with fur. At a $40 price point they should be able to do that.
Yeah, at a certain point (especially for in-box collectors) having a flocked one is strictly about pride of ownership.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I love the concept. Just wish it was anything but a journal. It would be cool if they made replicas that still looked like a VHS cover inside with some sort of collectible in there.
Or, they could pull a Stranger Things and have their DVD/Blu Ray packaging look like an old VHS.

EDIT: I saw they have VHS clamshell designed clutch handbags!!!! Though that's probably not your style ;)

Rich T

I just bought one item at the parks on my recent trip (besides peanut brittle): The Mr. Toad phone case at the SW Launch Bay. I just wanna say that I LOVE that whole cases-made-to-order set-up. I'm very happy with the quality of the finished product, too. Kinda pricey for a phone case, but not outrageous. :D

Also bought one non-park item at the hotel: The Ducktales reboot figure set. Awesome little sculpts!

mickEblu

Original Poster

It’s weird, even though some of the best Disney movies came from that era I’m not incredibly nostalgic over them. I was born in 82 so I’m just as much a 90s kid as an 80s kid yet I’m much more nostalgic about the 80s in general (excluding the crap Disney was putting out except Roger Rabbit, Return to Oz and Little Mermaid). When it comes to collecting I’m pretty much only interested in Disneyland stuff or anything from Snow White through Lady and the Tramp. I think the renaissance stuff just isn’t old enough for me. Also not crazy about the animation style from the 80s/ 90s. It’s hard to beat the beautiful backgrounds and animation from the golden era.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I just bought one item at the parks on my recent trip (besides peanut brittle): The Mr. Toad phone case at the SW Launch Bay. I just wanna say that I LOVE that whole cases-made-to-order set-up. I'm very happy with the quality of the finished product, too. Kinda pricey for a phone case, but not outrageous. :D

Also bought one non-park item at the hotel: The Ducktales reboot figure set. Awesome little sculpts!

Can I see a pic of the phone case?

NateD1226

Sorry about this lousy pic: This thing's turned out to be tricky to photograph in the lighting I've got here:
View attachment 320248
...and I can't get it to stay vertical! Anyway, it's matte black and grey and very dark. The nearly invisible top/bottom slogan says, "Fares to Here, There and Nowhere In Particular."
That looks really nice! What a cool find! I wonder why it was at SW Launch Bay lol.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That's a Canto Bight bar droid.

Exactly, which would be perfect for the bar within the SW Hotel at DHS (or Anaheim if they ever get one). I don't think they have said if the SW Hotel would have Batuu as its location also or if it'll be another planet. But no reason why they couldn't have droids of this type even on Batuu.

Stevek

So did anyone here stand in a 6 1/2 hour line to get their Trader Sam's hitchiking ghost mug yesterday...yes, 6 1/2 hours. I certainly don't have that kind of time and I collect Sam's Mugs...at least I did up to this point. Might be at the point where I want to sell off all my mugs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom