News Parking Fees increase effective October 16 2018

DisneyWales

It's sad that in the 15 years I've been able to visit the cost of pretty much everything has at the least doubled.

But as many people have pointed out, this is par for the course.

It does all feel a bit nickel and diming, but that's the business model parks and resorts are in.

Side story, we used to Sing "Profits", instead of Wishes, as that's what's actually important to the mouse more than making dreams come true. (I still love the resorts and will still keep paying the price, but doesn't mean I can't still see the funny side of it).

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Disney doesn't need any excuses. It's a luxury item and it's their property. They can raise the price to $500 per day to park if they want. They don't have to have an excuse.

No they can't, they can raise the price as high as the market will bare or face the wrath of their board of directors and shareholders.

If you don't like it, don't go. Simple as that.

Sold.

One can exist without a Walt Disney World vacation just fine. When market forces dictate to Disney that their fees are too high, they will lower them. As long as a sufficient number of people keep showing up and paying the prices, they will keep raising them.

There was another thread just talking about how soft the parks were a few weeks back, yet here we are.

I don't know why we have to keep having this same debate over and over again.

Perhaps because people have opinions and they like to share their opinions in places where such sharing is welcomed? Whad'ya call 'em? oh! forums!

If you want a little section of the internet where there's a requirement that everyone shares the same opinion or be banned by the admins there's another forum out there that happily caters to those like that.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Disney doesn't need any excuses. It's a luxury item and it's their property. They can raise the price to $500 per day to park if they want. They don't have to have an excuse.

If you don't like it, don't go. Simple as that. One can exist without a Walt Disney World vacation just fine. When market forces dictate to Disney that their fees are too high, they will lower them. As long as a sufficient number of people keep showing up and paying the prices, they will keep raising them.

I don't know why we have to keep having this same debate over and over again.
Don’t like it don’t go. I’m dying laughing.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Don’t like it don’t go. I’m dying laughing.

That philosophy keeps the riff raff and not-well-to-do out of the parks. Makes it a better experience for those with deep pockets and huge credit limits who like to spendSpendSPEND on their WDW vacation. ;)

Coming soon: Disney's All-Star Resorts, MAGICAL!!! rooms starting at $499/night (off-season).

Naplesgolfer

Plus disney chargeing to breathe the air, at the parks. You can rent a air tank and mask, for only $75.00 for two hr. Or $150.00 for four hours . Entry into a park with your own air and mask is now only $300.00 per day.. plus tour ticket
Q: So what are you getting for your $25/day parking fee that you didn't get when parking was, say, $15/day?

A: A lighter wallet

;)

This applies to airline tickets, cab/Uber fare, train tickets, movie/theater tickets, power bill, and on and on for probably hundreds of examples. I don't see your unique point as far as Disney goes. Why the anger at a company selling a luxury?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
That philosophy keeps the riff raff, not-well-to-do out of the parks. Makes it a better experience for those with deep pockets and huge credit limits who like to spendSpendSPEND on their WDW vacation. ;)

I look forward to the day that only I and those like me can afford to enjoy the parks. Perhaps as the prices rise they can afford to elevate the parks in such a way that we can properly look down upon the peasants below. When that day arrives we may not even need FP+ or ADRs. Take that, heathens.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This applies to airline tickets, cab/Uber fare, train tickets, movie/theater tickets, power bill, and on and on for probably hundreds of examples. I don't see your unique point as far as Disney goes. Why the anger at a company selling a luxury?

Airlines must maintain aircraft, pay for fuel, higher employee salaries... I was an airline employee, I know what it takes to fly a single aircraft, let alone a fleet. So Disney has a luxury parking lot? Last time I checked, it was the same paved, non-covered parking lot from 20 years ago. They don't repave it every year. They don't make improvements to the parking lot every year, like covering them, or building multi-level ramps at the parks. So what other reason can you give us with inquiring minds who would like to know exactly what "enhancements" we are getting with this higher per day parking fee at the theme parks, other than Disney's desire for higher and higher per guest spending every quarter/year?

I can accept price increases in other places, because they are reasonable. Disney price increases, under Iger at least, have been rarely reasonable or even logical.

Naplesgolfer

Airlines must maintain aircraft, pay for fuel, higher employee salaries... I was an airline employee, I know what it takes to fly a single aircraft, let alone a fleet. So Disney has a luxury parking lot? Last time I checked, it was the same paved, non-covered parking lot from 20 years ago. They don't repave it every year. They don't make improvements to the parking lot every year, like covering them, or building multi-level ramps at the parks. So what other reason can you give us with inquiring minds who would like to know exactly what "enhancements" we are getting with this higher per day parking fee at the theme parks, other than Disney's desire for higher and higher per guest spending every quarter/year?

I can accept price increases in other places, because they are reasonable. Disney price increases, under Iger at least, have been rarely reasonable or even logical.

I gave you many examples and I am sure you can think of many examples of items that go up with no change in the product. Do you think if American airlines thought they could charge 150 more a ticket without a equal revenue drop do to lower passenger ridership they wouldn't raise prices tomorrow? Disney is a luxury. It's a vacation. If Gucci raises handbag prices do you hate them?

Missing20K

Very apt comparison. Transportation to and from work/school/healthcare and heat and electricity are now luxuries. Sounds good. :rolleyes:

Naplesgolfer

Very apt comparison. Transportation to and from work/school/healthcare and heat and electricity are now luxuries. Sounds good. :rolleyes:

Sorry I mixed some points. I just listed the first things that came to mind that regularly change price with no product change. Didn't mean to imply all those things where luxuries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom