The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Packing for 10 days. DH doesn’t know when or where, just that he has to pack and be ready.

Oh dear . . . so, do you think it's the approaching hurricane causing the "stand by" of the work crews now? Jeepers, he and his fellow workers are resilient, I gotta say. Not everyone could deal with just leaving and traveling to places that may or may not have services, etc., and work there for a few weeks. Again, I really hand it to these guys--amazing character and dedication from all of them. (Let's hope that storm only turns into light rain and goes out to sea.)

93boomer

Premium Member
Oh dear . . . so, do you think it's the approaching hurricane causing the "stand by" of the work crews now? Jeepers, he and his fellow workers are resilient, I gotta say. Not everyone could deal with just leaving and traveling to places that may or may not have services, etc., and work there for a few weeks. Again, I really hand it to these guys--amazing character and dedication from all of them. (Let's hope that storm only turns into light rain and goes out to sea.)
Yep they like to be prepared(too early sometimes) :rolleyes:

93boomer

Premium Member
They are saying it will hit as a 3. I am hoping they are wrong. I certainly hope that you don’t get another huge dousing of flooding rain. The whole east coast has just been soaked this year. I cannot believe our grass is still getting cut. The leaves here haven’t even started to change.
I do too. We were so dry this summer and now we are making up for it. Our leaves especially the poplars have almost all fallen off.

donaldtoo

Congrats on the upgrade. The L&D suites tend to be nice and roomy. Too bad I never got to spend enough time in one to enjoy it.

Thanks, but, trust me, DD wanted to spend exactly ZERO time in that suite, but, as you know, all births don’t go exactly the way they’re planned, so, like an upgrade anywhere else, it was appreciated. Pretty sure she woulda’ gladly traded her recent “enjoyment” time in there for your not-so-much time in one back when...! ;)

donaldtoo

I hope they got some rest today.

Thanks!
They were fine, and were, of course, the first to go back to see their great granddaughter...!!! :happy:
Even now, they don’t grab some cafeteria platter at 4p and crash at 7p...they’re still pretty Energizer Bunny-ish...!!!!! :hilarious:

Oh, and they were only letting 2 of us back at a time. Simple solution...ladies first! Grandmas went first after the great grandparents, and us grandpas went next...!!!!! :)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Congratulations to @donaldtoo for his happy news!
I have happy news as well.....I just paid my remaining balance for our upcoming Disney getaway(Nov.6th)
There's no turning back......we're really going!
:cool:;):)

Sorry so late, but thank you so very much!!! :)
Awesome news about y’all’s upcoming trip, and may it be the best ever...so far...!!!!! ;) :)

donaldtoo

Great name! And it was so nice to read that your parents were there and so excited to meet the little one. Make sure you get a good four generations picture at your next family gathering, that will be something little Emory will enjoy showing her children someday.:)

Thank you so much!!! :)
We were wanting to do the four generation pic over last weekend, but, my folks were already scheduled to drive to visit my lil’ sis and her family in Louisiana the next morning (Energizer Bunnies ;)), so, hopefully, this weekend...!!!!! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Has anyone else tried the Bodygym (the one that Marie Osmond advertises on an infomercial)? Basically it's a bar with an elastic band thing that adjusts to a bunch of different exercises. I bought it for my shoulders and neck area to stretch out, after tensing up at the computer at work. It's surprisingly good for that.

Anyway, my dog HATES it. :p Haven't a clue why, but anytime I try to lift or stretch with it, he doesn't stop barking and pacing . . . must be a dog thing . . . Then again, I'm not the most coordinated person, and maybe he's trying to protect me from myself? :hilarious:

Good Jack! Good Good Dog!!!

Cesar R M

TRIP REPORT

Day 3 PART 3

Butchart Gardens was pretty packed, despite the parking lot being somewhat empty.. the place was filled.
DSC_7358_DxO.jpg
And the interesting was the huge shift of demographics.
The place is now 60% packed with Asians, mainly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

DSC_7362_DxO.jpg

There were some very rude "rich" looking Koreans with ultra expensive fashion style clothes shoving everyone and pretty much pushing people away from shared seats or poke them with their selfie stick so they could get a photo. Good thing I was a good distance from these.. anyway.... The whole place was very full. It felt like Animal Kingdom during medium crowds. A rare sight for this park in my experience.
DSC_7368_DxO.jpg

butchartspanorama1.jpg

The place as usual is beautiful, they expanded the place and added a few more smaller sections.
Some of the main areas that had a lot of empty grass areas were upgraded to full blown flower beds.

butchartspanorama2.jpg

On the other side.. I started to feel bad.. as in I had a start of a cold.
I feel radiating (fever), weak and with a sore troath. To make worse.. I had this "acid reflux" feel with gas. Usual when I'm about to go down with a severe case of stomach flu combined with a full flu. (later I found that I actually had full blown Influenza + Bronchitis )
butchartspanorama3.jpg

But I wasn't going to ruin my day, despite how bad I felt, we kept moving, enjoying what we could.
butchartspanorama4.jpg
Also had some nice packed sandwich and bought a plastic water container with the logo of Butchart Gardens so I could refill as we moved around.
butchartspanorama5.jpg

In the other hand, found out that Butchart Gardens now has fireworks or different type of closing shows every day.
Which is amazing, unfortunately like we always do.. we were time contraint because we were not staying in Vancouver. So we only had like 6 hours top to use (vs almost 8 hours of nonstop travel because of ferries and buses)

So if anyone wants to check the beauty of Victoria. I recommend staying there at least 2 days to see the parks fully and dont feel ultra rushed.

butchartspanorama6.jpg

Interestingly, there were more animals this time. Lots of Squirrels going around.
Last time we seen no animals which was weird for such beautiful gardens.

butchartspanorama7.jpg

Also my mom finally managed to see the entire rose garden area, which amazed her but at same time disappointed her. as she was unable to find the mixed rose that my dad once got her a few decades ago. Which had 2 different colours and was pretty huge according to her memory. There were some similar ones and names I never heard (variety of roses of the entire world).

Then we moved to the Japanese Garden. They had added a few new fountains before the entrance. And expanded a lot of areas by adding additional props (like Dragon figures to the Japanese Garden). New wood bridges and red tao gateways.

We then moved to the main building so my mom could buy her souvenir. She was very specific on what she was buying. Took a bit but unfortunately they didn't had what she wanted. We settled for a calendar, a few smaller things and I settled with a keychain and magnet for my collection.

After finishing, we were hungry but the restaurants were packed.. So we decided to move to Victoria and find a good recommendation to eat.

So we returned, took a bus (which we were lucky as one was about to go out right as we entered the parking lot).

So.. the trip back was pretty decent with nothing much.
Only problem is, the bus was packed and we ended in the lower floor all the way to the back.
Thats ok, we only wanted to rest while we moved on.

CONTINUED IN Day 3, Part 4 tomorrow!

Gabe1

I didn’t care for Barbies when I was a kid, so it only seems natural that my girls have an affinity for them. :rolleyes: We have a truck load of them. :banghead:

I never liked Barbies or Dolls. My Aunt when I was a preschooler gave me a real expensive doll (as a little one who would know) but I was jealous of the machine guns she gave my boy cousins that lived next door to us back then. We and neighbor kids often played Cops and Robbers outside. I never played with her. Fast forward about 4-5 years and the beautiful doll still hung around even though she was never played with and we moved years before.

One day my Sis wanted to play with the Doll and my Mom told her it was mine and she had to ask when I got home. Instead she cut the dolls long blonde hair off and gave her a
crew-cut. :jawdrop: *how to tick off my Mom* me not so much. I never really knew what to do with they things.

Gabe1

TRIP REPORT

Day 3 PART 3

Butchart Gardens was pretty packed, despite the parking lot being somewhat empty.. the place was filled.
View attachment 319289
And the interesting was the huge shift of demographics.
The place is now 60% packed with Asians, mainly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

View attachment 319290

There were some very rude "rich" looking Koreans with ultra expensive fashion style clothes shoving everyone and pretty much pushing people away from shared seats or poke them with their selfie stick so they could get a photo. Good thing I was a good distance from these.. anyway.... The whole place was very full. It felt like Animal Kingdom during medium crowds. A rare sight for this park in my experience.
View attachment 319291

View attachment 319282

The place as usual is beautiful, they expanded the place and added a few more smaller sections.
Some of the main areas that had a lot of empty grass areas were upgraded to full blown flower beds.

View attachment 319283

On the other side.. I started to feel bad.. as in I had a start of a cold.
I feel radiating (fever), weak and with a sore troath. To make worse.. I had this "acid reflux" feel with gas. Usual when I'm about to go down with a severe case of stomach flu combined with a full flu. (later I found that I actually had full blown Influenza + Bronchitis )
View attachment 319284

But I wasn't going to ruin my day, despite how bad I felt, we kept moving, enjoying what we could.
View attachment 319285
Also had some nice packed sandwich and bought a plastic water container with the logo of Butchart Gardens so I could refill as we moved around.
View attachment 319286

In the other hand, found out that Butchart Gardens now has fireworks or different type of closing shows every day.
Which is amazing, unfortunately like we always do.. we were time contraint because we were not staying in Vancouver. So we only had like 6 hours top to use (vs almost 8 hours of nonstop travel because of ferries and buses)

So if anyone wants to check the beauty of Victoria. I recommend staying there at least 2 days to see the parks fully and dont feel ultra rushed.

View attachment 319287

Interestingly, there were more animals this time. Lots of Squirrels going around.
Last time we seen no animals which was weird for such beautiful gardens.

View attachment 319288

Also my mom finally managed to see the entire rose garden area, which amazed her but at same time disappointed her. as she was unable to find the mixed rose that my dad once got her a few decades ago. Which had 2 different colours and was pretty huge according to her memory. There were some similar ones and names I never heard (variety of roses of the entire world).

Then we moved to the Japanese Garden. They had added a few new fountains before the entrance. And expanded a lot of areas by adding additional props (like Dragon figures to the Japanese Garden). New wood bridges and red tao gateways.

We then moved to the main building so my mom could buy her souvenir. She was very specific on what she was buying. Took a bit but unfortunately they didn't had what she wanted. We settled for a calendar, a few smaller things and I settled with a keychain and magnet for my collection.

After finishing, we were hungry but the restaurants were packed.. So we decided to move to Victoria and find a good recommendation to eat.

So we returned, took a bus (which we were lucky as one was about to go out right as we entered the parking lot).

So.. the trip back was pretty decent with nothing much.
Only problem is, the bus was packed and we ended in the lower floor all the way to the back.
Thats ok, we only wanted to rest while we moved on.

CONTINUED IN Day 3, Part 4 tomorrow!

That place is beyond beautiful and I am a sucker for flowers and green things.

Very nice photos. Kudos. :inlove:

Gabe1

Well here we go again. DH may be sent to Florida if hurricane does damage. May find out tonight.

I thought and cringed about that yesterday....if he goes again do you get another WDW trip when he returns home? Christmas Party right around the corner.

giphy.webp

Gabe1

Told him I could have stayed if I had known this may happen. I just got caught up on laundry 😅

When I was at WDW in the Spring for a month I stayed a week offsite at Flamingo Crossing as I had 'other' things to tend in that area too plus Disney. Great, huge room with a kitchen, and a L Sofa. Clean. It is at the end of Disney's Western Way entrance. You go under the See ya real soon sign and you are there. About 5 minutes from Coronado. There bus is 3x to take you to the parks and 3x to take you back. $5 round trip. Very reliable. Often I'd just take an Uber if the times didn't work. Between $6-10 depending on where I was heading. I paid between $68-$89 a night for a Marriott not bad. You could just hang out at Disney. They have a real nice Laundry Room there so you don't have to fall behind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom