Table Service Dining Discussion (Universal)

Theme Park Horizons

Original Poster
When I last went to Universal, I was getting ready to leave Islands of Adventure and I saw Confisco Grille. I decided to try it and was pleasantly surprised with the overall quality of the restaurant. It made me think of other table service dining venues inside the parks. When I came to my final conclusion, I realized there was not a lot of them. I hope Universal adds a few more table service dining venues in their fourth gate. What is your favorite table service dining venue at Universal Orlando Resort as a whole? I would love to hear your opinion!

JoeCamel

When I last went to Universal, I was getting ready to leave Islands of Adventure and I saw Confisco Grille. I decided to try it and was pleasantly surprised with the overall quality of the restaurant. It made me think of other table service dining venues inside the parks. When I came to my final conclusion, I realized there was not a lot of them. I hope Universal adds a few more table service dining venues in their fourth gate. What is your favorite table service dining venue at Universal Orlando Resort as a whole? I would love to hear your opinion!
In the whole resort? Tough to choose. Overall I find the food very good at all of them, I don't do burgers and fries, bbq chicken or ribs.

In the parks? Mythos first, not what it was 10 years ago but the food is very well priced and the view cannot be beat. The service is pretty spectacular the dozen or so times I have eaten there over the years.
At the resorts? depends on what I am hungry for I have never had a bad meal but I order what I like and always find it prepared just as I like it.

BubbaQuest

I really wish the Studios park had a table service restaurant at the front of the park -- I'll usually just leave if I'm hungry at the front of a park and can't find a place to sit and relax :(. But they do have Lombard's and Finnegan's. I was actually surprised by The Three Broomsticks. Yes, it's counter service, but with the staff directing us to a table and bringing our food, it was pretty easy and relaxing. Much better than the "go stand in that crowd and fight to get your food" setup of most counter service places.

Does anyone know if any of the other Counter Service restaurants are set up like this? I thought Mel's was table service but was surprised to find out it wasn't.

JoeCamel

I really wish the Studios park had a table service restaurant at the front of the park -- I'll usually just leave if I'm hungry at the front of a park and can't find a place to sit and relax :(. But they do have Lombard's and Finnegan's. I was actually surprised by The Three Broomsticks. Yes, it's counter service, but with the staff directing us to a table and bringing our food, it was pretty easy and relaxing. Much better than the "go stand in that crowd and fight to get your food" setup of most counter service places.

Does anyone know if any of the other Counter Service restaurants are set up like this? I thought Mel's was table service but was surprised to find out it wasn't.
Leaky Cauldron is the same setup as Broomsticks

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

It's a toss up for me between Vivo and Toothsome for my favorite. If I don't want to leave the park, I've had good experiences at all four TS restaurants. @JoeCamel is right about Mythos; it's not what it was 10 years ago, but it's still alright. If I had to choose, I think Finnegans edges the others out because it's a very enjoyable experience.

danpam1024

There are plenty of "nicer" restaurants CW or the resorts. In the parks Lombard's is nice, but we never go because 1. It takes away from park time 2. If I eat a big sit down meal I need a nap, and 3. I don't like going to a sit down meal all sweaty and nasty. It would be really interesting if they could put a restaurant on the second floor somewhere in the streets of NY- with a secret entrance and all. (think Monsieur Paul's in Epcot). The only park that really has (had) good table service is Epcot, and basically-what else is there to do there but eat and drink? :D

Disneyhead'71

I eat at Finnegan's fairly often because I pop in and sit at the bar and snack on a Scotch Egg or a Potato & Onion Web and a Black and Tan.

0419181716a.jpg

My 2 favorite restaurants on property are BiCE at Portofino Bay and Palm at Hard Rock Hotel. I also really like Mama Della's at Portofino.

I also enjoy eating at Mythos. And I was glad they brought the blue cheese and cranberry crusted pork loin back.

I have eaten at Lombard's Landing twice and both times I felt that it was kinda "meh". They were in no way bad meals, but nothing special either. And while the price wasn't bad, I felt that I could have had a better meal for that price elsewhere on property.

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Above from Thursday lunch. Asian beef sandwich, Tuscan soup with grilled cheese and belly pork, beef and tomato gnocchi. Drinks were never empty - lovely meal.

Just wondering for our upcoming trip in December,, do you have to have reservations at Mythos? That's the only restaurant we want to try. Is it like Disney in that you need to schedule a reservation a long time ahead of time, or can you just walk up the day of? thanks so much:)

JoeCamel

Just wondering for our upcoming trip in December,, do you have to have reservations at Mythos? That's the only restaurant we want to try. Is it like Disney in that you need to schedule a reservation a long time ahead of time, or can you just walk up the day of? thanks so much:)
If you don't mind waiting up to 30 minutes you can show up day of. I like to stop in after 11 to put my name and time in and then hit Hogsmeade then come back for the meal.

Jimmy Thick

For me The Palm is easily the best place to eat on Universal property. I had issues there in the past but was told by a friend to try it again and I'm glad I did if you like steakhouses. ALL the cuts are top notch and I've tried them all as all all the sides. I strongly encourage everyone to try the mashed potatoes.

One negative? The $100 dollar steak, because all steakhouses have a $100 dollar steak, takes over an hour to cook but its worth it.

macefamily

Unfortunately we stopped at Captain America's Diner in IOA last week. It was the most overpriced horrible order of food that I ever had in Florida. Stale salad toppings and Brillo Pad burgers. $15-$18 per entree. Should have been more patient and went to Cowfish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom