News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

EPCOTCenterLover

The more I let this sink in, the more I realize Epcot is becoming the most well-rounded, family-friendly to ALL ages and tastes, park. Once this carousel and the GoG - Ratatouille rides open, here is how the park will be broken down by category of rides and attractions.

Fantasy
Jolly Holiday Carousel
Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour
Figment
Nemo and Friends
Pixar short film festival

Educational
SSE
American Adventure
LwTL
The Seas exhibits
Reflections of China
O Canada!
Circle of Life

Thrilling
GoG
Ratatouille
Test Track
Soarin
Mission Space

I cannot fathom how any age group or category of park guest can feel like Epcot is not accommodating to their tastes.
You may be right, but aside from Spaceship Earth and The Land, the heart and soul is gone from Future World.

Last edited:

Rogue21

Look if were going to make it as World Fantasyland Showcase and putting a generic Spinny Poppins ride could we at least aknowledge something for halloween over in that area? Bedknobs & Broomsticks doesn't get anything..Heck I'd still love to see a street show featuring the ghostly army with Miss Price...
Enchanted-Army-bedknobs-and-broomsticks-20742893-399-2281.gif

:inlove: Yes, please.

Phicinfan

@marni1971 If you could verify that would be great, but understand if you can't.

So in previous notes you mentioned that UK ride or Coco was still up in the air. Due to cost and potential reductions due to Fox deal.
My question is, if they do go smaller spinner ride in UK for I assume much less cost, could they still do the Coco overlay as well then? Is that part of the driver to this decision?

thanks

DinoInstitute

Epcot’s going to be the park most affected by DHS getting Galaxy’s Edge next year, and it’s really unfortunate that it won’t be getting any new attractions opening in 2019. If DHS becomes too crowded, I have a feeling that a lot of people will come to Epcot, and while the attraction capacity is there, it’s all on the wrong side of the park (people entering from the International Gateway vs the front entrance).
Between likely crowds as you said, and the stale state FW is in, I have a feeling Epcot guest satisfaction is going to be going quite down next year.

Magic Feather

Hot Take: I would rather get a carousel that plays Poppins music in the back of the UK than the Coco Overlay in Mexico.
Just considering the time, effort, cost, and result, a quaint new addition in the back of the UK would go over better to me than making a solid ride with an old IP into a slightly better ride with a new IP (that could skrew up the temple view).
That said, I personally think that the optimal UK respresentation would be @marni1971 ’s Tanktop Twirlers and a theater playing at “United Kingdom: Ultimate Tribute”

smile

if no other reason than that one, i'd concur...
tho, not nearly as critical re: mex as i feel an ideal representation of that pav now includes coco

I personally think that the optimal UK respresentation would be @marni1971 ’s Tanktop Twirlers and a theater playing at “United Kingdom: Ultimate Tribute”

truly inspired!
:happy:

more timeless, more relevant, more martin, more family, and more disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom