Babies at disney

Dizneykid

Original Poster
Hey guys. I'm a little nervous about taking my baby to Disney next week. It's a booked trip and I'm getting second thoughts about the young age. I've been hearing about a lot of outbreaks in Florida not very far from Orlando. It's like an insane coincidence to torture me. Can anyone ease my concerns? Will I be the only one with a baby there?

dreamfinder

I can guarantee you won't be the only one with a small child there. Unless the FDA/WHO or the like has specifically come out and said "Don't travel here", you should be fine. Kids being kids, they will get sick, it happens. Just carry a gallon sized ziploc with infant Tylenol, Benadryl and the like and you will be fine. (Seriously my wife has a gallon sized baggie of all the infant meds we carried just in case)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
How young? As long as they've been through their first wave of immunizations, I wouldn't worry at all. The biggest concern this time of year would be the heat. If the baby is formula-fed, consider providing water in addition to the formula to avoid dehydration and constipation. If breastfed, make sure mom is well hydrated and nurse frequently. Take breaks in the afternoon and don't spend too long in direct sunlight (I'd skip the afternoon parade, for example). Our daughter went for the first time at six months old and approximately twice per year since then (she's now almost 4) and we've never had any issues other than one flight where she was a bit crabby.

donnylambb

we waited till our kids were a least four. I do see families with young kids. I would recommend bringing a grand parent that can take the baby back to resort when its time so you don't have to. good luck and have fun!

jaklgreen

I would wait until they are at least a year. And as Capt says, that they have their base immunizations. Little babies can not regulate their body heat like older people can so I would worry about that too. Make sure you always have a sun hat on the baby, too many people do not use them and you can just see their heads getting burned. Remember sunblock is not good for real little ones.

mmkaal3

I just got back from a trip with my 18 month old. She was no where close to being the youngest there. I saw several non-walking babies and breastfeeding babies. Go, have a good time and don't worry!

RememberWhen

You’ll be fine. Lots of people bring very small babies. I would personally prefer to wait until Baby is 8+ weeks, but when you plan things out 11-12 months ahead of time sometimes things happen...
If Baby is very small try to limit contact with people and things. Stay hydrated. Keep cool. Take breaks. Have fun!

NickMaio

Hey guys. I'm a little nervous about taking my baby to Disney next week. It's a booked trip and I'm getting second thoughts about the young age. I've been hearing about a lot of outbreaks in Florida not very far from Orlando. It's like an insane coincidence to torture me. Can anyone ease my concerns? Will I be the only one with a baby there?
We just got back with our 10month old - It was amazing. He loved every minute of it.
There were babies everywhere.......Even during the fireworks - - yup our little one made it to the show at MK.

Just keep his/her usual schedule for naps. We left the park at noon and came back around 4-5. We did every reide that has no height requirement. He really loved it.

Disney has just as much germs as your local mall - - - we had zero issue with colds or sickness.

Have fun - - - - - - You guys will love it. Amazing family time.

NickMaio

Yes it was WDW / Orlando.
We made food in our resort kitchen for him and put it into the blender then froze it in ice cube trays.
Beef and veggie pasta - - and some chicken meals.
We bought some of those organic food packs with us - - but out little dude really is not fond of them.
Brought those to the park. They have microwaves in the baby center.
Epcot baby center was immaculate - - - so clean and quiet.

We were very nervous pre trip also - - - packed the WHOLE house up. Like a scene from a movie - stereotypical new parents who brought EVERYTHING rolling through the airport security. Good thing our son is cute and happy.

dreamfinder

Only thing I forgot that I don't see anyone else mentioning, get a pair of noise blocking/reducing headphones for them to wear. A must for fireworks and the like, but may also be helpful at other times.

slappy magoo

Florida is one of the states where there's a measles outbreak.
But nearly half the states in the country have a measles outbreak or had one within within the last month.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Florida is one of the states where there's a measles outbreak.
But nearly half the states in the country have a measles outbreak or had one within within the last month.
If I am not mistaken, the "outbreak" consisted of 3 unvaccinated people in Tampa and 2 unvaccinated people that contracted it in France and Brazil.

While it does infuriate me to no end that this anti-vax farce has allowed diseases like this to come back, what is going on here in Florida is nothing I would change plans over.

StarWarsGirl

My brother and I were both five months old on our first trips. Obviously, we've had many since then and other than a minor obsession with Disney, we're fine. You will be fine. :)

NickMaio

How was the trip ????????????????????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom