News 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Radeksgrl

Since these Thursdays are also during EMH, does that mean passholders can access the rides from 8-9am? Or is that one hour still restricted to resort guests only? I live locally and have never stayed at a Disney resort hotel, so I'm not familiar with the specifics on how EMH works in the morning (or evening for that matter).

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
How nice of them to let you in an hour early just so you can purchase merchandise and mimosas! LOL. I mean, I want to be grateful they're even doing anything for passholders now but come on. I know it'll be nice for some to avoid the crush and get early access to merch but meh. They need to step it up a little bit more. I like how when they want you to buy stuff they allow ALL passholders in. ;) (edit: but yes, "early entry" is always "nice"; but I see through them)

The cutting board's nice, but of course you have "to visit four times" lol

Why can't they just give out a nice glass again? I'd shut up about the magnets. Does it really break the bank to give out SOMETHING free like a shirt? A tervis? A key chain? A pin? A glass?

They make sure you have enough chances to buy stuff though!
Whays the deal with the cutting board? How does the 4 visits work?

Kman101

Whays the deal with the cutting board? How does the 4 visits work?

I wasn't entirely sure either how it worked. Why not just give out the cutting board? Four visits? Can that be the same week? LOL. So many questions ...

Will they even have cutting boards left if you wait too long before four "visits"? It kind of overcomplicates it.

I'm sure they'll pop up on eBay immediately for an insane price.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wasn't entirely sure either how it worked. Why not just give out the cutting board? Four visits? Can that be the same week? LOL. So many questions ...

Will they even have cutting boards left if you wait too long before four "visits"? It kind of overcomplicates it.

I'm sure they'll pop up on eBay immediately for an insane price.

When they had 3 visits for the glass. You had to tap into the park on three different days. On the third time, you go to pick up your prize.

And yes, you can walk in and right out and that counts. So, on a MK day, take the monorail to Epcot, swing in and out, and get back on to MK.

Or, realize that a cutting board with a Mickey image on it is going to have that image get cut up and look like heck and it's not worth it.

I'd rather have another glass, I use that a lot.

RANDUMB0

The wine glass was nice but I'm ok with a cutting board. They were starting to annoy me with all of the magnets they have been giving out

CJR

The cutting board is a nice gift, on par to the old cups in my opinion. I like that they're thinking this way again.

The magnets are cute, but you really only need so many of them. The buttons just added more junk to the landfills, IMO, got a single day of use, if that. These gifts (like the cups and cutting board) will actually have use and better fit the definition of "gift". They're also not really that expensive on Disney's part, especially if people are buying food and mech at the festival, it pays for itself.

Rteetz

Why is that simple? It says “visits” and you’re assuming that’s separate days. That shows it’s not clear.
If we go based on what they have done in the past for gifts you have to visit the park on separate days. You could go four days in a row but it has to be four separate days.

JohnD

If we go based on what they have done in the past for gifts you have to visit the park on separate days. You could go four days in a row but it has to be four separate days.

Used to be three days. Now it's four. I tend to schedule two days in Epcot on most visits. Okay, knock those out. It's the other two that would be a problem. I would probably make days three and four my HS and MK days. On one of those days, enter Epcot and continue right to the Int'l Gateway. (It used to be I could get the gift on the third day then do this.) On the other day, enter the park, get the cutting board, exit, pick up the monorail and take it to MK. Or reverse the two, getting the board on the 4th day.

Clamman73

Used to be three days. Now it's four. I tend to schedule two days in Epcot on most visits. Okay, knock those out. It's the other two that would be a problem. I would probably make days three and four my HS and MK days. On one of those days, enter Epcot and continue right to the Int'l Gateway. (It used to be I could get the gift on the third day then do this.) On the other day, enter the park, get the cutting board, exit, pick up the monorail and take it to MK. Or reverse the two, getting the board on the 4th day.
Seems like Epcot attendance is down this year and they need to pad the numbers somehow....so let the carving board be the thing that brings them in....lol

JohnD

Seems like Epcot attendance is down this year and they need to pad the numbers somehow....so let the carving board be the thing that brings them in....lol

Maybe. The attendance numbers would need an asterisk (*) next to them with a note (e.g. *Annual passholders were enticed to make extra visits to Epcot in order to get a cutting board.)

xipetotec

"First" and "Fourth" visit? How do they know it's my fourth? Do I go to the festival center and scan on the 2nd and 3rd time even if there isn't a "freebie" ?

JohnD

"First" and "Fourth" visit? How do they know it's my fourth? Do I go to the festival center and scan on the 2nd and 3rd time even if there isn't a "freebie" ?

Easy. 1st is the first day. 4th is the 4th day. If you visit Epcot more than once on any day, it still counts as one visit.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

You only have to scan in at the gate of Epcot. You don't have to visit the AP center each time. You can walk in and out.

JohnD

Oh, and yes, if you hop to another park, you can check what you pick up with package pick up in the other park so that you don't have to haul it around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom