News 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Nottamus

I didn’t know it’s been on the menu for ten years. Last year was my first time doing food and wine
We liked it too! We have only done F&W 4 times, but that skewer was a 'do' everytime. I never even heard of Chimichurri before that.
Came home, looked up the recipe, and made some...now we kinda have it around from time to time...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You're getting pedantic again.

Uhh.. no. Disney marketing has a penchant for hyperbole. When I saw "Thursdays", I thought, "Great! I'll check it out on the Thursday the week I go." And then I saw it's just three dates and I won't be able to take advantage of it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
"Thursdays" usually means "Every Thursday", and if you're not scheduling every Thursday, one usually says "on select Thursdays." Not to mention that three Thursdays is the bare minimum for the plural "Thursdays."
Each date is a Thursday, with each one in a different month of the F&WF. I think that counts.

And last time I looked -- two Thursdays would still be plural...

Rteetz

"Thursdays" usually means "Every Thursday", and if you're not scheduling every Thursday, one usually says "on select Thursdays." Not to mention that three Thursdays is the bare minimum for the plural "Thursdays."
"Passholders can attend special, early-access shopping events at Epcot on select Thursdays during the Festival. At these V.I.PASSHOLDER events, you can:"

Kman101

How nice of them to let you in an hour early just so you can purchase merchandise and mimosas! LOL. I mean, I want to be grateful they're even doing anything for passholders now but come on. I know it'll be nice for some to avoid the crush and get early access to merch but meh. They need to step it up a little bit more. I like how when they want you to buy stuff they allow ALL passholders in. ;) (edit: but yes, "early entry" is always "nice"; but I see through them)

The cutting board's nice, but of course you have "to visit four times" lol

Why can't they just give out a nice glass again? I'd shut up about the magnets. Does it really break the bank to give out SOMETHING free like a shirt? A tervis? A key chain? A pin? A glass?

They make sure you have enough chances to buy stuff though!

Last edited:

Rteetz

How nice of them to let you in an hour early just so you can purchase merchandise and mimosas! LOL. I mean, I want to be grateful they're even doing anything for passholders now but come on. I know it'll be nice for some to avoid the crush and get early access to merch but meh. They need to step it up a little bit more. I like how when they want you to buy stuff they allow ALL passholders in. ;) (edit: but yes, "early entry" is always "nice"; but I see through them)
They did this for the Animal Kingdom 20th merchandise. I went to that one and it was a mad house. Disney wasn't prepared for the rush and didn't stock much of the merchandise. Things like the pins and magicbands went very quickly. They restocked everything later that day.

Kman101

They did this for the Animal Kingdom 20th merchandise. I went to that one and it was a mad house. Disney wasn't prepared for the rush and didn't stock much of the merchandise. Things like the pins and magicbands went very quickly. They restocked everything later that day.

How are they so unprepared?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom