News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So is this speedway closure also going to have the rumored refurb/upgrade going on while it's down this time to re-route it, or will that be sometime later?

shortstop

So will the WDWRR be running or not? They could make it work, they would just have to put the locomotive in reverse. Kind of like the operation they ran when Splash was being built. There’s a few options on how they could run without going between Fantasyland and Main Street Stations.
I doubt they run it. Disneyland’s RR was down for a year and a half for ROA construction with the trains parked at the Main Street and NOS stations.

Bairstow

Given that the Speedway will be returning as the same attraction, does that mean that besides a track adjustment, there will be no other updates to the cars, aesthetics, etc?
Certainly seems like it.
Guess the rumors about a full update to the Speedway were bogus.

Incomudro

You're right, but forgot one other thing - it's easy. It didn't require any brain power beyond copy/paste. They didn't have to develop a cohesive story as to how it fits into Tomrrowland (like that even matters, given the current state of Tomorrowland), and they didn't have to develop a new ride. Copy and paste. Easy and short sighted
Copy/paste from an attraction in China.
I fail to see what is wrong with this.

Skibum1970

Agreed. I'll never make it to China. If they copied the Pirates ride from Shanghai and put it into DHS, I doubt anyone would complain. If they did, they would need their head examined. Heck, I could see finding a way to fit Mystic Manor into DHS or MK and again there would be no reason to complain. Unless it was to say, why not sooner? I just wish that they had put it into DHS instead.

Travel Junkie

Attractions/lands were designed for a certain park and aesthetic in mind. In the instance of Tron, the attraction fits the design and integrates into the entire SDL Tomorrowland. A simple copy/paste doesn't blend in with MK from multiple perspectives. Some people don't care, other's do.

Tron is a very fun ride, but some people think about much more than that. I would prefer they went into a different direction and this is coming from someone who rode it 5 times in one day.

Indy_UK

Im fine with them copying rides etc, if it makes sense. Copying Tron or Ratatooie is fine because US guests may not make it to China, or guests from the east may not make it to Paris.

What gets my goat is when they copy things in Disneyland and WDW. It’s nothing short of lazy. Galaxies edge is an example of that.

Galaxies Edge should not be going to Disneyland. They should of just done it in WDW but maybe double it’s size at DHS.

Then in return they shouldn’t of bothered with Guardians (or anything Marvel) in WDW but do a bigger and better Marvel land in California. Makes sense when Disney’s hands are tied with Marvel rights in Orlando.

If they did that, it would give me an incentive to go to California but coming from the U.K., I may as well just go to WDW

smile

I have nothing against them copying and pasting attractions.

homogenization is good for milk and corporate goals, not for worthwhile creative enterprise...
thus, such wholesale acceptance of clones is of great relief to those who consider attractions little more than consumer goods.

shall we propose that, due to size and properly conditioned attendees, wdw is no longer to receive unique attractions, and is to become an amalgam of offerings designed for other parks from throughout the world?

businesspeople-celebrating-the-agreement-with-champagne_1098-2175.jpg

the 'ayes' may have this one......
:cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom