Hidden Mickeys??

MISS MINNIE

Original Poster
How many are there in the parks - are we talking a few, hundreds, thousands??

What is the most anyone has ever found? and WHERE ARE THEY??

We had a e-mail telling us where one was and this is the first time I have ever heard of them

Disneynut

I believe that we are talking in the thousands. Every attraction, ride and resort is suppossed to have a Hidden Mickey somewhere. If I am not mistaken, Wilderness Lodge has several hundred by itself.

The Mom

Premium Member
My daughter is positive that there are hidden Mickeys on the AKL bedspreads & wallpaper. I could sort of see them on the bed, but the wallpaper was too much of a stretch for me! Has anyone else noticed them in fabric design at the resorts?

nickys

Premium Member
There are also hidden animals in the stonework throughout Adventureland, which are just as fun to look for too.

In the parks they really are everywhere. And the resorts have hundreds too.

At Bay Lake in one of our 1 bed villas, the master shower had them in the lights. There were three spotlights instead of the usual two, and so you could see it if you had the light on in the shower cubicle itself. But it was only that one, we've stayed in 7 different 1 beds there and only saw it once.

Then you have the ones that are so obvious you don't recognise them except from strange angles. Like the BLT pool, or indeed the whole of DHS, or the solar farm.

correcaminos

Wilderness Lodge actually has a Scavenger Hunt for a few of their Hidden Mickey's at the concierge desk. It's a lot of fun. I'll say the Boulder Ridge one is much harder the Lodge one itself.

My daughter is positive that there are hidden Mickeys on the AKL bedspreads & wallpaper. I could sort of see them on the bed, but the wallpaper was too much of a stretch for me! Has anyone else noticed them in fabric design at the resorts?

All the time. I think it's more normal than not to have them in the carpeting or other designs.

The Mom

Premium Member
You people did note that this thread is from 2001 - 17 years ago. I've frequently noticed Hidden Mickeys in the bedspreads, etc where I've stayed since then. Just like so many any other things, once WDW discovered that there was a real interest they increased the usage.

nickys

Premium Member
You people did note that this thread is from 2001 - 17 years ago. I've frequently noticed Hidden Mickeys in the bedspreads, etc where I've stayed since then. Just like so many any other things, once WDW discovered that there was a real interest they increased the usage.

Oh drat it! Hate it when that happens....

:p

Walt Disney1955

"Hidden Mickeys of Disney World" is a book I bought back in 2009. They tell you where a lot of them are. Some of them they explain clear as day where they are and you still miss them. The most interesting one for me is the ballroom with the dancing ghosts in Haunted Mansion. Look at the table and the plate settings. Each setting is pretty much the same except for one in the corner that specifically has a large plate in the middle and two cups above it. A dead ringer for a hidden Mickey.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
"Hidden Mickeys of Disney World" is a book I bought back in 2009. They tell you where a lot of them are. Some of them they explain clear as day where they are and you still miss them. The most interesting one for me is the ballroom with the dancing ghosts in Haunted Mansion. Look at the table and the plate settings. Each setting is pretty much the same except for one in the corner that specifically has a large plate in the middle and two cups above it. A dead ringer for a hidden Mickey.
And if you say "Thank you, George," it will move to another place setting that night...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
And if you say "Thank you, George," it will move to another place setting that night...
I thought George was at PoTC? We always enjoy asking the CMs there if George is real. We have had some pretty awesome interactions over the years with that. Some of the CMs have fun with it, especially to give the kids a little spook.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I thought George was at PoTC? We always enjoy asking the CMs there if George is real. We have had some pretty awesome interactions over the years with that. Some of the CMs have fun with it, especially to give the kids a little spook.
George started out at PotC, but when they changed out the Redhead scene...

Minnie Mum

I remember one trip, a year or so after the first Hidden Mickey book came out (so MANY years ago, just like this thread). We called it the Hidden Mickey Trip. Took that book with us everywhere, trying to find as many of them as possible. It was maddening when we couldn't find one that was probably staring us in the face. Once in a while we had to break down and ask as CM where it was. Now a days youd be lucky to find a CM with that kind of trivia knowledge.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Forgive me for not knowing this but while you are on the ride if you say that it will move as you go by it?
No, it happens when the ride shuts down for the night. Unless -- and this is the big "if" -- one of the CMs says it as they do their final walk-through.

Goofyernmost

hqdefault.jpg

Can you find the hidden mickeys on the instrument panel of a 2005 Jeep Liberty?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The other day I was eating my breakfast same as I always do when WHAMO - I saw it! I looked down at my toast and there "he" was!
image_251634f2.jpeg

I'll never look at toast the same way again. Spooky.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom