News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From today's press release for what's happening...

Immersive Star Wars-Themed Resort Hotel
Fans will live out their Star Wars adventures beyond the theme parks with an epic experience at a groundbreaking new Star Wars-themed hotel concept located near Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests will enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience where a luxury resort meets a multi-day adventure in the Star Wars galaxy, as adventures unfold around their starship. An opening date will be announced later.

Lensman

I wonder if they should stop calling this a hotel if it's actually meant to be an multi-day all-inclusive immersive experience? "Hotel" implies to me that it's primarily for temporary lodging.

OTOH, I'm not sure what they should call it. It's not really a spaceship, it's more of a space voyage simulator, right? It's not quite an ecosphere, though it does seem to have some of those aspects according to the extremists on this thread! :)

Bairstow

I wonder if they should stop calling this a hotel if it's actually meant to be an multi-day all-inclusive immersive experience? "Hotel" implies to me that it's primarily for temporary lodging.

OTOH, I'm not sure what they should call it. It's not really a spaceship, it's more of a space voyage simulator, right? It's not quite an ecosphere, though it does seem to have some of those aspects according to the extremists on this thread! :)
It's probably going to need to be classified as a "hotel" for legal reasons, if anything.

Lensman

It's probably going to need to be classified as a "hotel" for legal reasons, if anything.
Good point!

But it doesn't have to be marketed as a hotel. It could be marketed as a "lifestyle" like the W. :)

Thinking about it, it really fits the definition of "Resort" more than any of the actual resorts.

Resorts topic in Wikipedia said:
A resort (North American English) is an isolated place, self-contained commercial establishment that tries to provide most of a vacationer's wants, such as food, drink, lodging, sports, entertainment, and shopping, on the premises. The term resort may be used for a hotel property that provides an array of amenities, typically including entertainment and recreational activities.

Bairstow

Space cruise!

Soon, baby.

galactic_logo.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
"New construction for the project will include a two-story building and pavement areas, service areas around the
building, plus landscape berms. The facility will be connected to the DHS park from a bridge over the L-402 Canal.
The new bridge will be close to that of the existing temporary construction bridge over the L-402 canal into the DHS
Crescent surcharge area.

The facility will be connected to the DHS park entrance area from a bridge over
the L-402 Canal. The new bridge will be close to that of the existing temporary construction bridge over the
L-402 canal into the DHS Crescent surcharge area."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom