News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

geekza

I feel very lucky to have been able to visit both Kennywood (once, sadly) and King's Island (many times) before my girth and some ruined discs ended my coaster riding days.

As a big fan of amusement park attraction history, Kennywood was like visiting the best museum in the world. At the time, the Steel Phantom had just opened. I was so excited after I finished riding it that I had to find a pay phone and call my Dad. Yes, I said pay phone. I am firmly middle-aged. :) My favorites were the Old Mill ride and the Noah's Ark, though. It felt like I had gone back in time. My Kennywood visit was glorious.

King's Island was my home park as it was always the closest to me growing up and then for the 15 years I lived in the Cincinnati area. The Beast will always be my favorite coaster. Let us not speak of the Son of Beast.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I feel very lucky to have been able to visit both Kennywood (once, sadly) and King's Island (many times) before my girth and some ruined discs ended my coaster riding days.

As a big fan of amusement park attraction history, Kennywood was like visiting the best museum in the world. At the time, the Steel Phantom had just opened. I was so excited after I finished riding it that I had to find a pay phone and call my Dad. Yes, I said pay phone. I am firmly middle-aged. :) My favorites were the Old Mill ride and the Noah's Ark, though. It felt like I had gone back in time. My Kennywood visit was glorious.

King's Island was my home park as it was always the closest to me growing up and then for the 15 years I lived in the Cincinnati area. The Beast will always be my favorite coaster. Let us not speak of the Son of Beast.

Great stories...

When phantom opened (91)...it was a head banging mess of an arrow dynamics hybrid. Incorporating into the ravine like the legendary pippin/T-bolt was an interesting way of doing it...but the speed was way off. How often do you have block breaks BEFORE the loops?

Kennywood - and I know we’re off course - is just a collection of bygone and legendary rides. Noah’s ark is worth the trip alone...the jackrabbit (my first rollercoaster ever) has a belly drop that few can replicate. The switch track Racer - with the “touch points” - is now a one of a kind left...and the thunderbolts 1960’s redesign is one of the only bright spots in the dark period of amusement parks.

I highly recommend anyone who loves parks go or read up on it...it’s living history.

And yes - nothing will ever top the beast.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Great stories...

When phantom opened (91)...it was a head banging mess of an arrow dynamics hybrid. Incorporating into the ravine like the legendary pippin/T-bolt was an interesting way of doing it...but the speed was way off. How often do you have block breaks BEFORE the loops?

Kennywood - and I know we’re off coarse - is just a collection of bygone and legendary rides. Noah’s ark is worth the trip alone...the jackrabbit (my first rollercoaster ever) has a belly drop that few can replicate. The switch track - with the “touch points” - is now a one of a kind left...and the thunderbolts 1960’s redesign is one of the only bright spots in the dark period of amusement parks.

I highly recommend anyone who loves parks go or read up on it...it’s living history.

The redone Noah's ark is just plain fun. Much better then it was with the elevator. Kennywood is a great home town park. They're apparently getting some kind of Intamin/Mack launch monster for next year that'll go on the Log Jammer spot, over the hill, and around the water are in the middle of the park. The lack of change is what leads me to a visit every 5 years. If friends want to go, I'll never say no to a trip there.

Let's not talk about Garfield's Nightmare...

The coaster fan in me is mildy interested in this ride but the Disney side just can't give a crap about it, if that makes sense. I want to be blown away by this coaster but I doubt it'll do that. But I'll reserve my final opinion for when it opens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The coaster fan in me is mildy interested in this ride but the Disney side just can't give a crap about it, if that makes sense. I want to be blown away by this coaster but I doubt it'll do that. But I'll reserve my final opinion for when it opens.

...it just doesn’t belong at Epcot...we’d love this if it were at MGM...

The experienced fans that have been around and non-dusters know this

Missing20K

Great stories...

Kennywood - and I know we’re off course - is just a collection of bygone and legendary rides. Noah’s ark is worth the trip alone...the jackrabbit (my first rollercoaster ever) has a belly drop that few can replicate. The switch track Racer - with the “touch points” - is now a one of a kind left...and the thunderbolts 1960’s redesign is one of the only bright spots in the dark period of amusement parks.

Awesome to see the love for my hometown park!!

Phantom's Revenge is a fantastic update to the original Phantom. The drop through the Thunderbolt down the ravine is possibly the most unique roller coaster drop on earth.

Nothing compares to the double dip on the JackRabbit. And I have slapped more hands than I could ever count riding the Racer.

Truly a classic park in every sense. Everyone who considers themself a theme or amusement park fan should really make the effort to visit Kennywood.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

The building can be themed or dressed up in any number of ways. The issue, imo, is the scale of the building in relation to the other structures in the park. I fear "theming" the building will draw one's eye towards the structure even moreso, creating an even greater contrast between itself and SSE, and as well as the other FW pavilions. (Can it even be called Future World anymore? What exactly is so "futuristic" about it anyway? Having essentially zero knowledge of GotG and Marvel in general, what about it screams Future World to Disney execs?) Though painting the monstrosity "go away blue" is no answer either.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Awesome to see the love for my hometown park!!

Phantom's Revenge is a fantastic update to the original Phantom. The drop through the Thunderbolt down the ravine is possibly the most unique roller coaster drop on earth.

Nothing compares to the double dip on the JackRabbit. And I have slapped more hands than I could ever count riding the Racer.

Truly a classic park in every sense. Everyone who considers themself a theme or amusement park fan should really make the effort to visit Kennywood.

...It’s a BURGH thing 🐧

michmousefan

Kennywood is a treasure... Jack Rabbit is so fun and brilliantly designed, as is Thunderbolt. BUT... Steel Vengeance is an amazing machine and quite a giant upgrade from Mean Streak. Do check it out if you have the opportunity.

Sorry for contributing to thread derail. I think the Marvel logo is out of the discussion, right... so they can't do this:
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_32916M.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It wasn't much of a reach. I believe you or someone else suggested as much, it'd be short and long pre-shows/queues.

Not it wasn’t a reach...but it was just a common sense guess...

I don’t hang on every letter of rumors...because I don’t want to be one of the followers that pedantically lecture “OUR insiders are real..”. That’s unnecessary and tired.

I do appreciate what the sources say - however.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Kennywood is a treasure... Jack Rabbit is so fun and brilliantly designed, as is Thunderbolt. BUT... Steel Vengeance is an amazing machine and quite a giant upgrade from Mean Streak. Do check it out if you have the opportunity.

Sorry for contributing to thread derail. I think the Marvel logo is out of the discussion, right... so they can't do this:
View attachment 292487

Don’t give bob any ideas 😬

EPICOT

View attachment 292487

It should say, "We don't care and neither do you." I think most guests these days would accept it as long as the coaster goes zoom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom