Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

I don't get you.

Yes. That was the original purpose, to provide something SMALL, SHORT and ENTERTAINING (because it will be entertaining). That's the same reason that Storybook Circus exists in MK and Mickey's Toontown exists in DL.

Storybook Circus:
Dumbo= 1.5 min
Barnstormer= 59 sec

Mickey's Toontown:
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin: 3 min
Gadget Go Coaster: 52 sec

It misses some good elements (e.g. a playground or a waterpad, a meet n' greet and shops) but it's not in desperate need of them. It has some flaws but they can be fixed later. But TSL was a great idea from the beginning and definitely NOT a failure.
It's why integrating a Speedway style ride that was integrated around Slinky Dog would have been a great addition.

RSoxNo1

Agreed. And, the roster of rides will be pretty amazing. It will have 5 E-ticket rides, 3 very good D tickets and a pretty fun C (assuming it equals Mater's):

Es
Star Wars BE
Star Wars MF
Mickey's Runaway train
Tower
Rock N Roll

Ds
Star Tours (or whatever they reskin it as)
Slinky
Toy Story

Cs
Aliens

If in the next 5-10 years, DHS got the rumored Indy boat ride and 1-3 small family B-C tickets, the park would be complete for the next 20 years. Something along the lines of the Inside Out version of Flik's Flyers that's being talked about for DCA would be the perfect cheap filler ride for this park. You could even theme it to Indy and have a mini-land.
I'd knock Slinky down to a C and Aliens down to a B.

Mikey73181

So which is the entrance and exit to TSM? Looks like the entrance could be on the left of the new front of the building, looks like there’s two different paths there (one seems to have an archway) but then there’s also a path along the right hand side of the building that looks like it could be something (lot of “dead” space tho)

Speaking is dead space, the area on the left side of building where the entrance to the land would be seems very empty, including just the blank side of the building where “One Mans Dream” is.

Last thought...will the land eventually empty out somehow into Star Wars land, or are you going to have to go all the way around and its only going to be accessible from the Grand Avenue area??

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So which is the entrance and exit to TSM? Looks like the entrance could be on the left of the new front of the building, looks like there’s two different paths there (one seems to have an archway) but then there’s also a path along the right hand side of the building that looks like it could be something (lot of “dead” space tho)

Speaking is dead space, the area on the left side of building where the entrance to the land would be seems very empty, including just the blank side of the building where “One Mans Dream” is.

Last thought...will the land eventually empty out somehow into Star Wars land, or are you going to have to go all the way around and its only going to be accessible from the Grand Avenue area??

Red arrows are the only way in and out of the land for now. Blue arrows will be the passage to Star Wars Land when it opens. Pixar Place is being blocked off for back stage use (greened-out below). The new entrance to Toy Story Mania will be in the land and out a side exit leading back to the land (purple arrows).

1529682488861.png

Marc Davis Fan

TSL is also now on the WDW website map: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/ (zoom in on DHS, then on TSL, and you can scroll around TSL while zoomed in).

Some stills from the fully-zoomed map, which seems to be slightly higher resolution than the app version (maybe just due to the device, though):

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 9.38.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 9.38.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 9.38.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 9.38.43 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 9.38.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 9.38.22 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Mikey73181

Red arrows are the only way in and out of the land for now. Blue arrows will be the passage to Star Wars Land when it opens. Pixar Place is being blocked off for back stage use (greened-out below). The new entrance to Toy Story Mania will be in the land and out a side exit leading back to the land (purple arrows).

View attachment 291547

Thanks I kind of figured it was that way but wasn’t sure. I knew about Pixar Place becoming backstage which is kind of sad. I like the look of it and the brick archway and all the other stuff hanging around. Even tho it was called Pixar Place it was mostly Toy Story. (I know Cruz Ramirez is at the dead end right now)

JohnD

Thanks I kind of figured it was that way but wasn’t sure. I knew about Pixar Place becoming backstage which is kind of sad. I like the look of it and the brick archway and all the other stuff hanging around. Even tho it was called Pixar Place it was mostly Toy Story. (I know Cruz Ramirez is at the dead end right now)

Don't see why they couldn't leave it open. It could still be a small area for M&G, snacks, rest, gifts, etc. Even when exiting TSMM, there could be a sign that points right to return to TSL or left to Pixar Place. But considering it's between TSMM and MRR being constructed, they may want that area for exclusive backstage use.

matt9112

TSM has been incredibly popular, (and still had large queues with the new track) the past few times I've visited.

I think it is a legitimate part of HS and TSL....despite not being 'new'. I still think it is super fun and really well done. the games/competing aspect of it makes it a great ride.

its....was the only childrens ride....for little kiddies

lazyboy97o

I think they just needed something they could knock out quickly whilst the far more ambitious Star Wars land is being worked on. I see this land more on the lines of Storybook Circus in Magic Kingdom in terms of scale and purpose, which itself was a bit of a “placeholder” whilst the rest of New Fantasyland was being built, as I recall.
By what measure was this land done quickly? This whole notion of “placeholders” has no basis.

JohnD

"Meet us in front of Buzz."

I wonder if they studied which figures would be effective map landmarks and oversized them? Vs just oversizing the ones that make the map prettier. Hmm.

Not surprising. I saw a piece posted somewhere where Disney princesses were reimagined with real eyes. In every instance the eyes were made smaller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom