So Comcast was the highest bidder for FOX, but FOX picked Disney instead...

BrianLo

It’s another sim though...and likely a short one because of capacity issues.

It’s not that they can’t do these well...they can...but Isaac Newton was right occasionally....it can’t be all trackless, spinners and simulators.

A semi ballsy Star Wars ride is now over 40 years overdue...but it’s becoming clear that Disney just doesn’t get Star Wars - just my opinion.

We're on the Disneyland board. The last Sim Disneyland built was 2001. There is a grand total of 2 of them at the resort and one isn't going to be long for this world. The last trackless ride they built was never. The land isn't getting a spinner.

A coaster through Endor and X-wing spinner that fans so desperately wanted was the opposite of ballsy. This IS the ballsy option.

Ismael Flores

As a Disney fan... I hope Comcast wins the bid. The Disney brand is already getting too watered down with IPs. With the Fox libraries, Universal will be more competitive with Disney Parks and we will get a better product in the end.

The thing is that this is not just about the parks. Disney needs this merger or eventually it could be in big trouble. Netflix has gotten too big and Comcast is also already to big.

The decline in ESPN revenue and troubles with the networks Disney really needs this merger to be able to compete and stay relevant as other media companies now will look to expand even more

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh right, touché. I guess Millennium Falcon does occur on carousels and is indirectly a spinner. 4 SPINNERS!

Really my entire argument is falling apart, they should have just been more bold and built a boat ride and roller coaster!!!!

Yeah I guess a completely new experience for a trackless attraction and the ability to have direct interaction in a simulator type attraction with in-world consequences in a highly immersive land isn't bold enough.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We're on the Disneyland board. The last Sim Disneyland built was 2001. There is a grand total of 2 of them at the resort and one isn't going to be long for this world. The last trackless ride they built was never. The land isn't getting a spinner.

A coaster through Endor and X-wing spinner that fans so desperately wanted was the opposite of ballsy. This IS the ballsy option.

Safe and toned down is “ballsy”?

Do you need help carrying that bucket today?

Besides...Luigi is trackless ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh right, touché. I guess Millennium Falcon does occur on carousels and is indirectly a spinner. 4 SPINNERS!

Really my entire argument is falling apart, they should have just been more bold and built a boat ride and roller coaster!!!!

Well apparently you don’t know what a trackless is....but that patronizing response reeeaaallly covered that up 😉

BrianLo

Well apparently you don’t know what a trackless is....but that patronizing response reeeaaallly covered that up 😉

Thanks, I know what a trackless ride is. It honestly slipped my mind, I was a trying to count up the simulators, which I still get the distinct feeling there are more than two of. If someone mentioned I missed one I would not be surprised.

What do you think is a ballsy land then?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thanks, I know what a trackless ride is. It honestly slipped my mind, I was a trying to count up the simulators, which I still get the distinct feeling there are more than two of. If someone mentioned I missed one I would not be surprised.

What do you think is a ballsy land then?

You get a pass...

Anyway...the one ride is very intriguing - though we can do without the useless first order/resistance nonsense - I am stoked for that.

The other sounds like another jerky simulation where you push buttons...mission space 2.0.

Unnecessary.

What I would like to see is a hybrid ride of some type that combines story elements...perhaps a backstory/launch bay scenario...then goes full linear induction into a battle of some sorts....indoors so you can use projections/screens/really anything you want.

It boggles me that now 3 times they have been tasked with Star Wars and they end up with some cheesy story driven simulator or slow ride. Caveat is at least the trackless sounds like it might have a shot.

BrianLo

You get a pass...

Anyway...the one ride is very intriguing - though we can do without the useless first order/resistance nonsense - I am stoked for that.

The other sounds like another jerky simulation where you push buttons...mission space 2.0.

Unnecessary.

What I would like to see is a hybrid ride of some type that combines story elements...perhaps a backstory/launch bay scenario...then goes full linear induction into a battle of some sorts....indoors so you can use projections/screens/really anything you want.

It boggles me that now 3 times they have been tasked with Star Wars and they end up with some cheesy story driven simulator or slow ride. Caveat is at least the trackless sounds like it might have a shot.

I'm hopeful people will be ultimately pleasantly surprised that it's much more than Mission Space.

I think the Guardian's Epcot ride is going to be very reminiscent of what they would/could have done with Star Wars with a coaster concept. Essentially what you are describing. Placement aside, I think the MF ride will be ultimately better received. But, we'll see in a few years.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Your statement by omission implied that. That's why I was confused in the first place!

"But maybe outside of Battle Escape at SWL ... the quality of investment in the parks has been Six Flags-level at best"
My mistake. I should have said that outside of SWL in total, quality is lacking. Pixar Pier especially. You know how it is when you post in the moment and put your digital foot in your mouth.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You get a pass...

Unnecessary.

Sorry but jerky simulation is not what is going to be happening with Falcon. If anything that how one could describe that 31 year old attraction called Star Tours.

Also you may consider it unnecessary but there have been several generations now of SW fans that have been wanting to get in the cockpit and fly the Falcon since 1977.

TROR

Sorry but jerky simulation is not what is going to be happening with Falcon. If anything that how one could describe that 31 year old attraction called Star Tours.

Also you may consider it unnecessary but there have been several generations now of SW fans that have been wanting to get in the cockpit and fly the Falcon since 1977.
I'd much rather fly an X-Wing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom