So Comcast was the highest bidder for FOX, but FOX picked Disney instead...

Curious Constance

Did Walt have that much time to work on his trains? Wouldn't that have been an occasional hobby rather than something he actually made time for daily? Because he smoked probably a million cigarettes a day no matter what else he had going on. As with most things I'm sure his cancer was a combination of lots of factors, but I can't help but imagine that his chain smoking was most likely primary.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh...by the way...here's my conspiracy theory du jour...Walt Disney technically didn't die from cancer. He suffered two heart attacks as a result of losing a lung post-op surgery. Collapsed in his home, had to be revived by paramdeics. Had a second circulatory collapse, fatally, in the hospital, in bed.

Here's my take. I'm not sure it was the smoking that caused the lung cancer. You want to know what I think it was? No? Too bad, I'm going to tell you anyway.

Coal dust. Walt Disney's model trains, pumping coal dust into him. Hour after hour. The toy train hobby that let him escape the pressures of the studio. Smoking unflitered Chesterfields didn't help. But combine that with the toxic coal fumes coming out of his trains, guys...people have blamed smoking for Walt's death for decades. It might not have been just cigarettes. Could have been that train hobby.

Anyway, conspiracy theory du jour. Damn train hobby killed Walt Disney.
What you talking about is Black Lung which is formed from sucking in too much coal dust. Coal Miners are exposed to even more coal than Walt due to be enclosed in the mine with no fresh air. According to your theory Walt would have had to been exposed to as much coal as someone who worked in a coal mine daily for 20-30 years or more. Walt didn't run his model train that much and surely it wasn't in a place with no fresh air to get exposed to that much coal dust. And it really wouldn't have been enough exposure to require lung surgery. So its a nice theory but sorry its the least likely of respiratory issues.

Besides whether its Black Lung from coal exposure or Lung Cancer from cigarettes, they are both Lung Diseases. At this point it doesn't matter as he is dead and has been for 52 years. Let the man rest in peace.

GiveMeTheMusic

Did Walt have that much time to work on his trains? Wouldn't that have been an occasional hobby rather than something he actually made time for daily? Because he smoked probably a million cigarettes a day no matter what else he had going on. As with most things I'm sure his cancer was a combination of lots of factors, but I can't help but imagine that his chain smoking was most likely primary.

This is not well known, but I actually killed Walt Disney. I traveled back in time to 1966 and showed him some pictures of Pixar Pier. He died immediately.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is not well known, but I actually killed Walt Disney. I traveled back in time to 1966 and showed him some pictures of Pixar Pier. He died immediately.
noooo-gif-4.gif

Curious Constance

Travel back in time again to when he first put a cigarette in his hand. Smack it out of his hand and taze him. That should be enough to cure his cigarette smoking before it starts, then we can see if he still died of lung cancer and we'll know if the trains played a big part or not.

Phroobar

Walt would probably die of a heart attack trying to deal with corporate raiders in the 80's. Of course, we might have gotten a better version of Robin Hood.

fctiger

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Maybe Disney will trade the rights to the Simpsons to get back The Incredible Hulk. Going to be weird now that Universal Parks have both Springfield and Super Hero Island.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Maybe Disney will trade the rights to the Simpsons to get back The Incredible Hulk. Going to be weird now that Universal Parks have both Springfield and Super Hero Island.

The rumors around the campfire have been that the Simpsons theme park presence was a direct deal with creators Matt Groening and James Brooks. So may not have anything to do with the Disney/Fox deal, other than some licensing fees.

Also Marvel right now seems ok with the state of Hulk being part of the Avengers and Thor films. But are ready to make a new standalone movie once Comcast/Universal wants to move forward with it. It would be like the Sony/Marvel deal with Spider-Man. However I don't think a Hulk standalone film is needed right now anyways.

I'm more interested in getting the theme park rights back for Marvel from Comcast/Universal. That Marvel/Universal contract was horrible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom