News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

flynnibus

Premium Member
-off the top of my head

I do hope at some point the staff have let you walk the attraction with them :)

I was thinking on the last trip (completely off-topic!) - has SSE always used painted drop ceiling tiles/frames for it's ceilings in show scenes? I know its been that way for a long time, but was curious if that's what they started with or was changed. I'm not a fan of them :)

And I'm still trying to grasp a model of the UoE building in the new project!! I would love a render made showing the 3d space overall.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And I'm still trying to grasp a model of the UoE building in the new project!! I would love a render made showing the 3d space overall.

Here is a 3D model of the space in the new show building...

1529440345354.png

LittleBuford

I think you need a reality check on who keeps bringing up being bothered...

I don't deny being bothered by your rudeness and bringing it up several times. I generally find rudeness bothersome and avoid rude people -- I don't think I'm unusual in that. My point was that you're the one who's prone to overreactions when you don't agree with someone else's opinion. I've had plenty of exchanges here with others who also disagree with me but who don't resort to telling me that my standards are a train wreck, etc.

Anyway, that's the last you'll hear from me. As I said, I don't like rudeness and avoid rude people, especially when discussing a topic as joyful as Disney.

smile

I like the Cronkite version the best due to the grandiose script. "Behold the majesty of the Sistine ceiling." Plus, I just like his voice. I do enjoy the Irons version though. I don't think the first narrator quite had the voice to pull it off.

Instant communications create an ever-increasing flow of facts and figures. To manage this growing storehouse of information, we invent the computer; a revolutionary tool made practical by the tiny transistor.

...what a flow - and with wally's voice and inflection?!
FOR EONS, george!........

for eons
:cry:

Animaniac93-98

I hate to disagree, but as someone who grew up in the 1970's and is a film buff, I can tell you that The Wizard of Oz was first televised in 1956 and became an annual event on television a few years after that. It has been popular for a loooong time prior to the 1980's. Also, classic Hollywood movies were a staple of early television as they were a fairly cheap method of filling time slots with content. Until cable stations like AMC (it used to actually show movies and stand for American Movie Classics) and, later, TCM came along, it wasn't uncommon to find old movies from the 30's, 40's, and up showing on local stations. Baby Boomers had pretty steady access to older movies on television. Once home video became a going concern in the early-1980's, there was certainly a wider availability of older films that could be watched whenever you wanted, but older films have been accessible on TV from very early on.

You misread what I meant. 1980s saw a nostalgia for 1950s things, which included watching 30s and 40s movies on a black and white TV.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I do hope at some point the staff have let you walk the attraction with them :)

I was thinking on the last trip (completely off-topic!) - has SSE always used painted drop ceiling tiles/frames for it's ceilings in show scenes? I know its been that way for a long time, but was curious if that's what they started with or was changed. I'm not a fan of them :).
As far as I know ( which isn’t nearly everything) they’ve always been there.

The Empress Lilly

I like the Cronkite version the best due to the grandiose script. "Behold the majesty of the Sistine ceiling." Plus, I just like his voice. I do enjoy the Irons version though. I don't think the first narrator quite had the voice to pull it off.
Cronkite was too mainstream for me. -_-

It's when the celeb narrator fashion in EPCOT started. Me, I preferred the unabashed aloofness of version 1.0. Although SSE has been great in every version. I´m not even averse to the current version, shortcomings and all.

mikejs78

Premium Member
And the first script had no musical score...

sedati

Seeing how mighty some of those roof supports look I think they could do some kind of cantilever design which would be a great way to enhance a box.

While looking for an example I came across this amazingly well dressed up box:
Bacardi2.JPG

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

It's when the celeb narrator fashion in EPCOT started. Me, I preferred the unabashed aloofness of version 1.0. Although SSE has been great in every version. I´m not even averse to the current version, shortcomings and all.

Interesting point. I never looked at it quite like that (i.e. celeb narrator starting with Cronkite).

mikejs78

Premium Member

Same.. although I'm not as adverse to modern Epcot as you, SSE is still, even in it's current incarnation, the best attraction at Epcot.

lazyboy97o

Seeing how mighty some of those roof supports look I think they could do some kind of cantilever design which would be a great way to enhance a box.

While looking for an example I came across this amazingly well dressed up box:
Bacardi2.JPG
The beams? They don’t look like anything unusual for their spans. They will also likely support rooftop mechanical equipment.

Oh, and for those who think the building is already tall, after the roof assembly and Disney standard parapet, the height can easily grow by five to six feet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom