News Disney's Animal Kingdom tests a new stroller parking system

glvsav37

My family and I have been at WDW with two double strollers. As far as I know, we have never actually trampled anyone and we didn't find it all that difficult to maneuver around *and* be polite at the same time. I even got it down to an art of being able to fold the thing up, sling bags over my shoulder, and be on the bus in about 30 seconds. And, oddly enough, no one ever even gave me an angry look or said a cross word about us having the strollers. Now, they looked at us like we were members of some crazy cult for having five young children, but that's a different matter. :)

with 5 young ones, I would expect you to have larger strollers. Its the family that is pushing the doubler wide and has 2 kids or 1 and the other seat is loaded with stuff that I look at them and wonder why? I mean to each their own, we just find it easer and quicker with 2 singles rather then 1 double.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Instead, you drop it to go to Pecos Bill's and eat whatever they're passing off as fajitas/tacos while sitting on a stool/chair so close to the table behind you that you get inadvertently touched by someone if they push their elbows back a little too far.

I'd be testy in that situation, too, if I'd just discovered that no amount of toppings bar toppings are going to salvage that $20 "quick service" meal. :oops:

Been there, done that, and I continue to go back so not judging anyone. ;)
Oh come on. Pecos Bills > Chili's.

Not saying Pecos Bills is great. It's just better than Chili's. Although Chili's is where business happens.

Last edited:

Gillyanne

Although Chili's is where business gets done.

bg9jK.gif

MrPromey

Oh come on. Pecos Bills > Chili's.

Not saying Pecos Bills is great. It's just better than Chili's. Although Chili's is where business happens.

I'm not sure what the Chili's in your hood is like but to me Chili's definitely > Pecos Bill's.

Not saying Chili's is great. It's just better than Pecos Bill's.

... And if you don't think there is business getting done at Pecos Bill's, you've never tried to use their restrooms during the lunch rush.

WDW Zandt

We experienced the stroller system while at Animal Kingdom today. When we arrived at the Harambe Train Station, nobody greeted us or told us anything about the stroller system. I had actually completely forgotten about it. We left out strollers on the side as we always do and took off. When we came back to Harambe, we saw Cast Members standing with Tags in their hands and our stroller had a purple zone 3 tag. We left our stroller unattended numerous other times throughout the day and not once did anything happen. It wasn't until we made it back to the car at the end of the day that I noticed the tag actually says that if you leave your stroller somewhere, a cast member can come by and move it to the proper area (ie: Purple Zone 3 tags. If I leave the stroller where it doesn't belong a cast member can bring it to the closest zone 3 section of the nearest stroller area) I'm assuming most people would probably read the tag to figure out what it was, unlike us who had other priorities. I would be very upset if someone had moved my stroller earlier and I wasn't aware of the tag system. I think they need to be more communicative of what they were actually doing. Also, I only saw them actively setting up the strollers with the zone tags at the Train Station. I hadn't seen it really used elsewhere in the park.

JoeCamel

We experienced the stroller system while at Animal Kingdom today. When we arrived at the Harambe Train Station, nobody greeted us or told us anything about the stroller system. I had actually completely forgotten about it. We left out strollers on the side as we always do and took off. When we came back to Harambe, we saw Cast Members standing with Tags in their hands and our stroller had a purple zone 3 tag. We left our stroller unattended numerous other times throughout the day and not once did anything happen. It wasn't until we made it back to the car at the end of the day that I noticed the tag actually says that if you leave your stroller somewhere, a cast member can come by and move it to the proper area (ie: Purple Zone 3 tags. If I leave the stroller where it doesn't belong a cast member can bring it to the closest zone 3 section of the nearest stroller area) I'm assuming most people would probably read the tag to figure out what it was, unlike us who had other priorities. I would be very upset if someone had moved my stroller earlier and I wasn't aware of the tag system. I think they need to be more communicative of what they were actually doing. Also, I only saw them actively setting up the strollers with the zone tags at the Train Station. I hadn't seen it really used elsewhere in the park.
Hope they check that it doesn't have a kid in it before rolling off.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
OooooOooooO....

I like that. They were doing something like this at DHS last time I was there. Near the Star Wars experience thingy. Rounding up rogue strollers and putting them into a parking lot.

Nubs70

I wish the purple ticket said CM's could throw the stroller in the fricking lake.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'm not sure what the Chili's in your hood is like but to me Chili's definitely > Pecos Bill's.

Not saying Chili's is great. It's just better than Pecos Bill's.

... And if you don't think there is business getting done at Pecos Bill's, you've never tried to use their restrooms during the lunch rush.
Pecos Bills is fine dining compared to Chili's.

And you missed my reference completely. Granted, it is obscure.

MrPromey

Pecos Bills is fine dining compared to Chili's.

And you missed my reference completely. Granted, it is obscure.

Someone else had already called the reference by the time I got there. :)

The fact that you're doubling-down and using the term "fine dining" and Pecos Bill's in the same breath in any context is giving me pause. I'm wondering if we're talking about the same place, now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The fact that you're doubling-down and using the term "fine dining" and Pecos Bill's in the same breath in any context is giving me pause. I'm wondering if we're talking about the same place, now.
This is where reductio ad absurdum takes you... Pecos Bill and Fine Dining in the same sentence (in a positive way).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom