News Disney's Animal Kingdom tests a new stroller parking system

WDW Zandt

I guess I'll see what this is like during my AK visit on the 4th. Is this just an easier way to locate your stroller after going on the rides or are they trying to prevent people from parking everywhere like they (people) do at Magic Kingdom sometimes

jakeman

Is this a first step to requiring paid valet stroller parking?
Probably.

I mean isn't that what the forum groupthink has decided? That every change at WDW now is just a convoluted precursor to charging for a service?

We can ignore the simplest explanation that in some of these attractions (Safaris specifically) there are physically more than one stroller parking locations and color tags will help with efficiency and the guest experience by reducing the CM and guest time searching for their stroller. That's too mundane.

Forum groupthink is more important than rationality.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Probably.

I mean isn't that what the forum groupthink has decided? That every change at WDW now is just a convoluted precursor to charging for a service?

We can ignore the simplest explanation that in some of these attractions (Safaris specifically) there are physically more than one stroller parking locations and color tags will help with efficiency and the guest experience by reducing the CM and guest time searching for their stroller. That's too mundane.

More alarmingly, this step indicates that stoller use/parking is getting 'way out of hand in the parks... they're taking up a huge amount of space and contributing to bottlenecks in traffic flow. I don't see how much longer WDW can deal with this before they start imposing some level of restrictions...

Here's hoping this tagging scheme works.

jakeman

More alarmingly, this step indicates that stoller use/parking is getting 'way out of hand in the parks... they're taking up a huge amount of space and contributing to bottlenecks in traffic flow. I don't see how much longer WDW can deal with this before they start imposing some level of restrictions...

Here's hoping this tagging scheme works.
It's a societal thing at this point to carry 100 pounds of gear for a 25 pound baby. People aren't going to stop bringing in strollers unless an artificial barrier to discourage it is put into place.

Honestly, I don't see how they can address it unless they do a blanket ban or a blanket charge for strollers entering the parks. Doesn't mean it's being done to generate revenue. Sometimes the only button you can push to modify behavior is the money button.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It's a societal thing at this point to carry 100 pounds of gear for a 25 pound baby. People aren't going to stop bringing in strollers unless an artificial barrier to discourage it is put into place.

Honestly, I don't see how they can address it unless they do a blanket ban or a blanket charge for strollers entering the parks. Doesn't mean it's being done to generate revenue. Sometimes the only button you can push to modify behavior is the money button.
So just cart the sprog in one of them backpackcarrierthingamybob contraptions ans stow the gear on uncle Albert's "mobility" scooter. Or just load up your emotional support Donkey. Either way charges negated ...

CaptainAmerica

What does gear have to do with anything? A stroller with just a baby is the same size as a stroller with a baby and a bag of crap in the basket.

Maybe you don't have kids but I think you'd be surprised how much space the bare necessities for a kid take up. For a full day in the parks, you need a minimum of 10 diapers, a pack of wipes, diaper cream and/or powder (especially in the heat) and a spare outfit. Ever heard of a blowout? It's not uncommon for a baby to poop so huge it ends up in their hair. That's all we take, and our daughters were / are breastfed so we don't need bottles or formula, but that amount of stuff requires a small backpack at a minimum.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
should have Tesla sponsor, so it will automatically drive to you when you're ready for it. Imagine the look on tourists faces when "ghost" strollers are going by!

CaptainAmerica

Part of the issue with too many strollers is that parents are using them for kids that are clearly too old for them. I see kids in strollers that are over five. If they would limit the age that can be in one, it would cut down on a number of strollers.
Careful with that. A lot of the wheelchairs for special needs kids look very similar to strollers.

Bolt

I'm glad they are actually addressing the issue rather than just throwing out one Cast Member to manage a sea of 100's of strollers. I always feel bad for them because people yell at them saying 'Why'd you move my stroller!', "Well, after four hours there are gaps and no one fills in those gaps, they just keep adding them to the end and running into the ride'.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Probably.

Stroller Dessert Party?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom