News Disney's Animal Kingdom tests a new stroller parking system

MrPromey

Oh man, if we are going to use that logic then we need to just shut the forums down because a vast majority of the post here are just people blovating their opinion into the ether without expecting any real change..

Well then, I think you spoke your peace and made your opinion pretty clear a number of pages back. Not sure what you're continuing to get out of responding to everyone. If you want to continue to argue with everyone else, have at it but I'll let you be.

jakeman

I don't think anyone has said anything about bringing more than what is "basic." I just question your understanding of what "basic" means for a small child.
Then perhaps we are talking past each other, but I think we both know a significant minority of strollers are larger than necessary and the supplies are greater than needed for a day in the parks.
Maybe you aren't aware of this, but all children below a certain age defecate on themselves. And every parent of a child that age needs supplies as a result. So, again, what you are stating is that any child younger than a certain age should never go to Walt Disney World.
This is a really weird corner you're trying to paint me into here. I clarified my point and yet you persist and fixate on this one facet.
Well then, I think you spoke your peace and made your opinion pretty clear a number of pages back. Not sure what you're continuing to get out of responding to everyone. If you want to continue to argue with everyone else, have at it but I'll let you be.
While I'm not trolling, I will say, I'm continuing to engage because I feel my point is reasonable and perhaps additional clarification will allow folks to see that I'm not a child hating monster.

Perhaps I'm just bad at conveying my point. I'm more than willing to concede that, but there seems to be a willful disconnect in what I'm saying and what people are responding to on the other end of this conversation.

tissandtully

Maybe you aren't aware of this, but all children below a certain age defecate on themselves. And every parent of a child that age needs supplies as a result. So, again, what you are stating is that any child younger than a certain age should never go to Walt Disney World.
@jakeman would have you to believe he was never a child who defecated on himself and was born with solid toilet training straight out of the womb. Fully walking on day 1 too.

Monorail_Red_77

I agree that they're obnoxious, way too large, etc. But going back to your original post on the subject you said you saw one on your trip to the Magic Kingdom. Another poster said he saw two or three of them in a week. I agree that they should be banned, but they're clearly not the major epidemic that others are presenting them as.
True, I don't think it is an epidemic yet. Just surprised they were let in at all.

note2001

Maybe if your kid is still crapping themselves and won't remember it anyways, a day at Walt Disney World isn't for you?

EDIT: Taking a kid that young to WDW is for the parents, not for the child.
While I agree that little babies, as the only child, not quite ready to take in the world might be best at home, you are completely forgetting about the families with older siblings who can enjoy the parks. Children as young as 9 months old can walk and interact with play things and characters. At 6 months of age babies are usually sitting and laughing at the on goings around them. While they may not remember much at all of the trip cameras will and the memories for the parents are wonderful (unless the child catches a bug.)

Animaniac93-98

Right now there's little to no reason not to bring your baby to the parks. They don't charge for admission or meals, which means the only specific fees a parent would have to pay for are crib and stroller rentals (if you don't bring your own). Things like diapers and baby food are what you'd be paying for regardless of whether or not your in WDW.

Until that changes, and people think twice about whether or not it's worth it to bring their two-year old, the stroller situation (here and at Disneyland) will continue to persist.

CaptainAmerica

Right now there's little to no reason not to bring your baby to the parks. They don't charge for admission or meals, which means the only specific fees a parent would have to pay for are crib and stroller rentals (if you don't bring your own). Things like diapers and baby food are what you'd be paying for regardless of whether or not your in WDW.

Until that changes, and people think twice about whether or not it's worth it to bring their two-year old, the stroller situation (here and at Disneyland) will continue to persist.
There's no fee for a crib.

jakeman

While I agree that little babies, as the only child, not quite ready to take in the world might be best at home, you are completely forgetting about the families with older siblings who can enjoy the parks. Children as young as 9 months old can walk and interact with play things and characters. While they may not remember much at all of the trip cameras will and the memories for the parents are wonderful (unless the child catches a bug.)

You guys make word together more better than me.

note2001

When my older brother first went to WDW I was left at home with a sitter. I don't think poorly of my parents for doing that.
When WDW first opened my siblings and I were left home with my aunt, uncle and cousins while my parents treated themselves to the park :D Yes, it happens. Not everyone has that option of leaving the children behind though, and should not have to avoid a trip the rest of the family would enjoy while little junior simply comes along for the ride.

Texas84

Announced at Galactic Nights. Strollers must be themed.
sws.jpg

Animaniac93-98

When WDW first opened my siblings and I were left home with my aunt, uncle and cousins while my parents treated themselves to the park :D Yes, it happens. Not everyone has that option of leaving the children behind though, and should not have to avoid a trip the rest of the family would enjoy while little junior simply comes along for the ride.

I agree it's different for every family, I'm just pointing out that there are other options for families with children of different ages.

Incomudro

What does gear have to do with anything? A stroller with just a baby is the same size as a stroller with a baby and a bag of crap in the basket.

Maybe you don't have kids but I think you'd be surprised how much space the bare necessities for a kid take up. For a full day in the parks, you need a minimum of 10 diapers, a pack of wipes, diaper cream and/or powder (especially in the heat) and a spare outfit. Ever heard of a blowout? It's not uncommon for a baby to poop so huge it ends up in their hair. That's all we take, and our daughters were / are breastfed so we don't need bottles or formula, but that amount of stuff requires a small backpack at a minimum.

Then why take a baby there?
Honestly, I have twin sons - now 16 (went by amazingly fast) and there is no way on earth my wife would have taken them to WDW - or any similar place while they still required a stroller and diapers.

CaptainAmerica

Then why take a baby there?
Because we enjoy it and we can afford it?

Honestly, I have twin sons - now 16 (went by amazingly fast) and there is no way on earth my wife would have taken them to WDW - or any similar place while they still required a stroller and diapers.
It's really not that difficult. It's not difficult at all, really. Diaper changes amount to ten extra minutes out of our day, and we'd be changing them whether we were at WDW or at home. I'd rather change diapers in Adventureland than in my daughter's bedroom.

Honestly, the only PITA part of traveling with the girls is getting the car seats through the airport on the trips when we rent a car.

mikejs78

Premium Member
My point stands. If you need to bring more than basic for your child, then you should reevaluate if a WDW vacation is the right choice for your child's current abilities. Apparently that is a controversial statement as it requires for adults to make adult decisions.
Oh man, if we are going to use that logic then we need to just shut the forums down because a vast majority of the post here are just people blovating their opinion into the ether without expecting any real change.

This, kids, is called splitting hairs. It's a stroller thread. My response was in regards to the the age of the child needing copious amounts of accessories to make it through the day. If you have to bring supplies because your kid is defecating on themselves then maybe WDW isn't the right destination for you.

I never said that, but you do you to get as annoyed as possible.

It's a pretty simple stance. If you need to bring enough supplies for your child that you require a massive oversize stroller loaded down for "every possibility" then maybe you should take pause and consider if a WDW vacation is appropriate for your child at that time.

EDIT: I've repeated my stance three times in this one post. I hope it's clear for you guys.
What you fail to state is "why"? Why should we consider if a WDW vacation is right for us or not because we have an infant? We had a wonderful vacation last month with our 7 year old and 11 month old. And we all had a great time (yes, our 11 month old was fascinated by all the sights and sounds. He was fully entertained. Will he remember it? No. Did he enjoy himself in the moment? Absolutely.). And yes, we needed a lot of gear. But that's the case anywhere we go. So why is WDW different than somewhere else? What makes WDW, in your mind, not a suitable place for infants? It's more suitable than most places to be honest, because WDW makes an effort (moreso than most places) to provide for the needs of parents with infants. So in my "evaluation", WDW is a great vacation for bringing an infant.

Last edited:

disneyworlddad

Maybe if your kid is still crapping themselves and won't remember it anyways, a day at Walt Disney World isn't for you?

EDIT: Taking a kid that young to WDW is for the parents, not for the child.

I have to disagree with you. My son was 1 1/2 when he went to Disney world and was still in diapers. While the trip was mainly for me and my wife, my son really enjoyed it. Will he remember it, no. Do we have pictures to show him and can tlak about it with him, yes. Just because a child wont remember something doesn't mean it isn't for them. There is so much to experience in Disney World that can make a child smile, learn, and grow. If you never did anything with your child how would they learn? Going new places and experiencing new things is very beneficial for children of all ages.

EDIT- I still think there are too many strollers and they are usually too big. Get an umbrella stroller and ban the rest. Multiple kids = mutiple umbrella strollers. No double-wide, no jogging. Sit and stand for two kids might be ok but still thinking I'll do two umbrella stollers for my kids on the next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom