News Disney's Animal Kingdom tests a new stroller parking system

jakeman

Maybe he's missing the issue but I think you might be missing reality.

Then again, maybe Disney could hire you to stand out front of the Magic Kingdom with a bullhorn and a couple of empty garbage bins explaining this to guests in a couple languages as they come in. I'm sure that'll fix the problem.
Really? Because strollers didn't seem to be an issue back in the golden days of MK that folks like to lament so much about here. Babies are still babies. It's not like they've evolved in the last 50 years to require more accessories to function properly.
So what if it is? My daughter can't eat solid food but I take her to Chili's if I want a fajita. Get over yourself.
That's pretty much the crux of my position. You only care about you and yours regardless of how it is damaging the whole.

How many planters, trees, and benches have we lost to this asinine and selfish way of thinking? Fantasyland is just one giant themed concrete pad now because folks can't leave the Oregon Trail at home.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Really? Because strollers didn't seem to be an issue back in the golden days of MK that folks like to lament so much about here. Babies are still babies. It's not like they've evolved in the last 50 years to require more accessories to function properly.

That's pretty much the crux of my position. You only care about you and yours regardless of how it is damaging the whole.

How many planters, trees, and benches have we lost to this asinine and selfish way of thinking? Fantasyland is just one giant themed concrete pad now because folks can't leave the Oregon Trail at home.
That was a truly awful computer game...

HwdStudio

Part of the issue with too many strollers is that parents are using them for kids that are clearly too old for them. I see kids in strollers that are over five. If they would limit the age that can be in one, it would cut down on a number of strollers.
Just because you see it doesn’t mean the kid should t be in a stroller. You have no idea what the unseen circumstances are.

CaptainAmerica

I think you're trolling because you can't honestly be that ignorant. Small children ought not be allowed in Walt Disney World because this grown man can't see the pretty planters.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Maybe if your kid is still crapping themselves and won't remember it anyways, a day at Walt Disney World isn't for you?

EDIT: Taking a kid that young to WDW is for the parents, not for the child.
Or, if you have multiple children, maybe it's for the older children. We took our 7 year old and our infant last month. Sorry, stop making stupid assumptions.

CaptainAmerica

Maybe he could just go to Lowe's instead. Lots of planters to see there, and very few families with small children parking strollers. Problem solved.
Are you kidding me? @jakeman would be so triggered by these bad boys that he'd need months of intensive therapy to overcome the trauma.

5938662964_10fec5da28_b.jpg

MrPromey

Yes really because you announcing your opinion about how this dissatisfies you does nothing to stop people from doing it - that would be the reality I'm speaking of. You know, the one we live in?

mikejs78

Premium Member
The gear thing seems to become an issue every time I'm boarding a bus and the driver looks to the parent with the double wide Winnebago stroller packed with more gear than a sherpa takes up Everest and tells them they need to collapse the stroller before boarding. The parent looks at the driver like they have 3 heads and begins the slow process of removing everything one by one with no plan on how to carry everything off the stroller. I know, this is a parent with no clue, but still, it seems to happen every time I board at a resort. ECV's take less time getting stowed than these things.
I went with a stroller for my kid. Always collapsed the stroller before even getting to the bus. This is totally person-dependent.

ABQ

I went with a stroller for my kid. Always collapsed the stroller before even getting to the bus. This is totally person-dependent.
Oh I know it is the driver of the stroller, not the stroller itself that's the issue in these cases. That I'm fully aware of. Trouble is, as Cap't America stated earlier, you can't fix stupid and they obviously don't ask for an educational transcript when people purchase these massive strollers.

Tom P.

In both of these reactions, you are missing the issue...

You don't need the same amount of supplies that Lewis and Clark took across America in a stroller the size of small pick up truck for your child. If you do, then you shouldn't be at WDW because you and/or your child is not ready for that experience. If you insist on bringing them anyways, it's for you, not them.

Anything else you say is wrong.
This, kids, is what we call "moving the goalposts." A fine argument, except it's not even remotely what you said. To wit:
Maybe if your kid is still crapping themselves and won't remember it anyways, a day at Walt Disney World isn't for you?

EDIT: Taking a kid that young to WDW is for the parents, not for the child.
Your entire post was about the age of children being brought to Walt Disney World, and said nothing what-so-ever about either strollers or how much gear parents pack into them. Your original argument was simply that children below a certain age shouldn't go to WDW, which is ludicrous.

tissandtully

Anything else you say is wrong.

The idea that people can't bring what they want until it's vetted by @jakeman is so hilarious and astounding. You think kids enjoyment and the adults enjoyment are mutually exclusive? Of course adults like going to WDW, but it's not a huge deal to take your baby with you either. Kids just need a lot of stuff to get through the day. I'm just gonna assume you are trolling and stop replying after this, just cause your way of thinking is so ludicrous.

EricPZ

Meh, if it means I have a smaller area to search for my son's stroller after it's been moved while in a show/ride, I've no issue with it.

Animaniac93-98

Gotta agree with you here. I hate all the Nickel and Diming Disney is doing, but maybe it's time for a per seat toll, similar to bridges. Any type of wheeled vehicle is going to cost you. Strollers, ECVs, whatever. The parks are not designed for carts. They are designed for people, and the amount of carts has had a hugely negative impact on the park going experience. Maybe if it was $50 a day to bring a vehicle into the park, we'd see less of them.

Or, as I suggested before, Disney starts charging to bring children under 3 into the parks.

"Yes, Mr. Johnson, you can bring your stroller into the park. You just have to pay the admission of $60 + tax to bring your infant into Magic Kingdom for the day, OK?"

jakeman

I think you're trolling because you can't honestly be that ignorant. Small children ought not be allowed in Walt Disney World because this grown *** man can't see the pretty planters.
Maybe he could just go to Lowe's instead. Lots of planters to see there, and very few families with small children parking strollers. Problem solved.
My point stands. If you need to bring more than basic for your child, then you should reevaluate if a WDW vacation is the right choice for your child's current abilities. Apparently that is a controversial statement as it requires for adults to make adult decisions.
Yes really because you announcing your opinion about how this dissatisfies you does nothing to stop people from doing it - that would be the reality I'm speaking of. You know, the one we live in?
Oh man, if we are going to use that logic then we need to just shut the forums down because a vast majority of the post here are just people blovating their opinion into the ether without expecting any real change.
This, kids, is what we call "moving the goalposts." A fine argument, except it's not even remotely what you said. To wit:

Your entire post was about the age of children being brought to Walt Disney World, and said nothing what-so-ever about either strollers or how much gear parents pack into them. Your original argument was simply that children below a certain age shouldn't go to WDW, which is ludicrous.
This, kids, is called splitting hairs. It's a stroller thread. My response was in regards to the the age of the child needing copious amounts of accessories to make it through the day. If you have to bring supplies because your kid is defecating on themselves then maybe WDW isn't the right destination for you.
The idea that people can't bring what they want until it's vetted by @jakeman is so hilarious and astounding. You think kids enjoyment and the adults enjoyment are mutually exclusive? Of course adults like going to WDW, but it's not a huge deal to take your baby with you either. Kids just need a lot of stuff to get through the day. I'm just gonna assume you are trolling and stop replying after this, just cause your way of thinking is so ludicrous.
I never said that, but you do you to get as annoyed as possible.

It's a pretty simple stance. If you need to bring enough supplies for your child that you require a massive oversize stroller loaded down for "every possibility" then maybe you should take pause and consider if a WDW vacation is appropriate for your child at that time.

EDIT: I've repeated my stance three times in this one post. I hope it's clear for you guys.

CaptainAmerica

Or, as I suggested before, Disney starts charging to bring children under 3 into the parks.

"Yes, Mr. Johnson, you can bring your stroller into the park. You just have to pay the admission of $60 + tax to bring your infant into Magic Kingdom for the day, OK?"
I'd be fine with that.

My point stands. If you need to bring more than basic for your child, then you should reevaluate if a WDW vacation is the right choice for your child's current abilities. Apparently that is a controversial statement as it requires for adults to make adult decisions.
I don't think anyone has said anything about bringing more than what is "basic." I just question your understanding of what "basic" means for a small child.

Tom P.

This, kids, is called splitting hairs. It's a stroller thread. My response was in regards to the the age of the child needing copious amounts of accessories to make it through the day. If you have to bring supplies because your kid is defecating on themselves then maybe WDW isn't the right destination for you.
Maybe you aren't aware of this, but all children below a certain age defecate on themselves. And every parent of a child that age needs supplies as a result. So, again, what you are stating is that any child younger than a certain age should never go to Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom