Broken Hopper Effect at "It's Tough to Be a Bug"

KBLovedDisney

Cats Don't Dance! Love that movie. It kills me knowing that it bombed due to non existent marketing. :( Disney should buy the rights and cancel M&M's Runaway Railroad and put a CDD ride in the Chinese Theater, would fit perfectly :D
Yes!! I am so for that idea. This was the last movie that Gene Kelly actually helped the animators with choreography, or so I read.

DisneyDebRob

The Flik onscreen reacts to where Hopper is supposed to appear. The best alternative I could see would be shadow projections or something, but I don't believe any plusses that aren't necessary would come to the show. Wasn't it only converted to digital a couple of months ago?
Please don't give them any ideas. Just fix hopper. I've had enough of strobes and projections .

FoozieBear

Original Poster
I suspect this is going to be scrapped soon. It's Tough to be a Bug is in DIRE need of a complete refurb. It had a good run, but the show is tired and needs to be updated.

Are you referring to the version in Disney's Animal Kingdom? I would wonder what they would replace it with, seeing as how it's so built into the Tree of Life and the theater.

clemmo

I hate to bump a thread but hopper wasn’t working for the show I was at tonight. Didn’t come out on stage at all. It was last time over spring bask in March so I’m not sure exactly when this happened. Anyone know more?

peter11435

I hate to bump a thread but hopper wasn’t working for the show I was at tonight. Didn’t come out on stage at all. It was last time over spring bask in March so I’m not sure exactly when this happened. Anyone know more?

It’s not uncommon for hopper to be periodically missing. If an issue develops during the day he is temporarily removed from the show until he can be repaired.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Hopper was active in late April....AND the theatre was at least 3/4 full. It's still a popular attraction at DAK....being in the Tree of Life probably has something to do with that too. I always go, as I find it hilarious to witness guest reaction around me....especially the bit that asks "honorary bugs" to wait for the other bugs to leave first!

cjkeating

Hopper was active in late April....AND the theatre was at least 3/4 full. It's still a popular attraction at DAK....being in the Tree of Life probably has something to do with that too. I always go, as I find it hilarious to witness guest reaction around me....especially the bit that asks "honorary bugs" to wait for the other bugs to leave first!

The reaction when the spiders come down... priceless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom