News Tomorrowland love

WDWTank

I’ll give you Critter/Frontierland. I never got to wear Indy, sadly. Now that I think about it, there are plenty of other costumes at Disneyland that look way cooler than Fantasyland attractions, but I remember that one extra fondly because it was so comfortable.

Anyway, though (in my attempt to keep this somewhat on-topic), Tomorrowland costumes are the worst. Those frumpy blue pants rank well behind every other article of clothing, and most of the shirts are ill-fitting and tacky. If we were to really give Tomorrowland some love, we’d throw those out.
Make em more Space Age looking with galactic curved shoulderpads :cool:

SuperStretccch

I ride the Peoplemover on literally every trip. It's fun when you want to get off your feet and do some people-watching. ;)

The addition of new show scenes sounds promising. Maybe it'll also be coupled with another Space Mountain refurb, considering Peoplemover needs to close when Space does. They should do it after Tron opens, though, so they can handle the lost capacity better.

Sky

I wonder if they’d look into an extended Space renovation before Tron opens. Seems a bit counter-intuitive to build a new green field project that could increase Park capacity, then let a headlining e-ticket go dark for 1.5 years immediately following the debut. Now the main hang up with that would be Speedway and Space could be down at the same time, but honestly that could be mitigated if...I’m scared to say...Space went down for rehab before the end of 2018...

EricsBiscuit

Big updates from the PM. Quite possibly the only time I have ever used flash at wDW to get this photo of EPCOT behind skrims. The show scenes after EPCOT and before Mickey's Star Traders are also behind skrims. This is good! Also some picks from Incredibles. In addition the new seating area in Cosmic Ray's is now open. Also, the blue "Starport Seven Five" sign as you enter SM on the left is out. It's been like that for at least 2 weeks. All from today
IMG_5715.JPG
IMG_5714.JPG
IMG_5717.JPG
IMG_5720.JPG
IMG_5722.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
They need to gut and replace Buzz once Toy Story land gets on its feet. Seems dumb to have have the same IP strewn across multiple parks in the same general location, i.e. Orlando
Probably not a popular opinion, but I concur.

But first, let’s do something with SGE, as it’s sitting there empty (seasonal 🙄) anyway.

The Empress Lilly

I’d be perfectly fine with Stitch, Buzz, and Monsters all getting something new, but I’m not their target demographic.
I'd be up for replacements too!

And we are the target demograph! The MK is not a kiddie park. Nor a diaper age park, as seems to be the newest new trend. The genius of Walt's castle park is that it is a family park, where everybody can enjoy everything together.

Spash007

I feel like the whole Incredible Summer event, while mostly a promotion for the film, could also be testing the popularity of the Incredibles in the parks. There aren't a ton of IPs that Disney can draw from for Tomorrowland, and since there are multiple rides that could use replacing and we all know they want to use IPs, Incredibles could be one of the ones they are looking at.

hockeyfran

I feel like the whole Incredible Summer event, while mostly a promotion for the film, could also be testing the popularity of the Incredibles in the parks. There aren't a ton of IPs that Disney can draw from for Tomorrowland, and since there are multiple rides that could use replacing and we all know they want to use IPs, Incredibles could be one of the ones they are looking at.
I think Meet the Robinson's has a lot of untapped potential, including Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom