News Tomorrowland love

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Since the announcement that Tomorrowland was going to get some love. It was Sept 2016 (beginning of this thread). Yeah, there's planning and all that. Their track record hasn't been good with these types of things.
Ah. I started this thread in September 2016 regarding locally sourced enhancements. They have nothing to do with attraction overhauls, land retheming or Tron. These are corporate remits regarding the 50th.

Brad Bishop

Ah. I started this thread in September 2016 regarding locally sourced enhancements. They have nothing to do with attraction overhauls, land retheming or Tron. These are corporate remits regarding the 50th.

I know I'm down on them but I really hope Disney does Tomorrowland right. One of my favorite lands from childhood (along with all the other stuff when Disney was more of a tech company).. Yeah, you can't have Mission to Mars or If You Had Wings any longer but there has to be something that they can do for that entire area to revamp it and make it hopeful again. Right now it's just a place where they stick things (Buzz, Stitch, Monsters, etc.) I'd actually like to see them relocate (it'll never happen) CoP to Epcot and use that space for something new.

BackOTheLine

Over 50% of park guests ride the Peoplemover during their visit.

We’ve been a dozen or so times since my daughter was 3. On our first trip we snuck a pretzel on the Peoplemover as a snack. My daughter took to calling it the “Pooper”. She’s 7 now and no trip would be complete without a “pretzel on the pooper”.

Please don’t tell.

PorterRedkey

Not surprised for the following reasons:

- high capacity
- short waits
- appeal to all age groups
- high visibility (you see it moving throughout Tomorrowland)
- close to other popular rides (Buzz, Space etc).
And it is awesome in almost every way! Well maybe not the complete darkness in the SM section, but I understand why it is like that.

May the PeopleMover stay with us forever!!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We’ve been a dozen or so times since my daughter was 3. On our first trip we snuck a pretzel on the Peoplemover as a snack. My daughter took to calling it the “Pooper”. She’s 7 now and no trip would be complete without a “pretzel on the pooper”.

Please don’t tell.
If they set up a security booth at the base of the People Pooper to search for pretzels, I'm blaming you.

PeoplemoverTTA

Honestly this is pretty cool it'll be nice to see some life breathed into an attraction I'm sure 90% of guests skip or don't even know exists because it's "boring".

o_O

I mean, it's the best attractions so...

:inlove:

And it is awesome in almost every way! Well maybe not the complete darkness in the SM section, but I understand why it is like that.

May the PeopleMover stay with us forever!!!

Heck yeah! :geek:

Disney Analyst

I have nothing really to say except out of all the areas I worked, Tomorrowland was my least favourite. It felt the most out of date, dirty, and stale. Any updates are exciting and needed. Oh and I hated the costume.

I dreaded my Tomorrowland shifts. But oh, fantasyland shifts were the best! Was the first summer of New Fantasyland. Gaston’s was a dream! And I may be biased, but I looked pretty awesome in those (at the time) new costumes!

jaxonp

I have nothing really to say except out of all the areas I worked, Tomorrowland was my least favourite. It felt the most out of date, dirty, and stale. Any updates are exciting and needed. Oh and I hated the costume.

I dreaded my Tomorrowland shifts. But oh, fantasyland shifts were the best! Was the first summer of New Fantasyland. Gaston’s was a dream! And I may be biased, but I looked pretty awesome in those (at the time) new costumes!

ok, lets see the photos..

180º

I don’t know much about those costumes, but the DLR Fantasyland attraction costumes are where it’s at. Comfortable and flattering. And don’t forget the green overcoat with a hood. Nothing will top those. I think @raven24 might have worked there and could back me up on this.

As for Tomorrowland, the ‘90s were bad for Tomorrowland costumes on both coasts. I wouldn’t mind seeing the ‘60s and ‘70s designs return.

Californian Elitist

I don’t know much about those costumes, but the DLR Fantasyland attraction costumes are where it’s at. Comfortable and flattering. And don’t forget the green overcoat with a hood. Nothing will top those. I think @raven24 might have worked there and could back me up on this.

As for Tomorrowland, the ‘90s were bad for Tomorrowland costumes on both coasts. I wouldn’t mind seeing the ‘60s and ‘70s designs return.

I actually hated our costumes. I thought, and still think, they’re basic and boring. I did like wearing the green and gray overcoats, but not on really cold days, since the coats didn’t actually keep you warm. Still, they looked good.

My favorite DLR cast member costumes are the Indy, Thunder Mountain, and Davy Crockett Canoes costumes.

180º

I actually hated our costumes. I thought, and still think, they’re basic and boring. I did like wearing the green and gray overcoats, but not on really cold days, since the coats didn’t actually keep you warm. Still, they looked good.

My favorite DLR cast member costumes are the Indy, Thunder Mountain, and Davy Crockett Canoes costumes.
I’ll give you Critter/Frontierland. I never got to wear Indy, sadly. Now that I think about it, there are plenty of other costumes at Disneyland that look way cooler than Fantasyland attractions, but I remember that one extra fondly because it was so comfortable.

Anyway, though (in my attempt to keep this somewhat on-topic), Tomorrowland costumes are the worst. Those frumpy blue pants rank well behind every other article of clothing, and most of the shirts are ill-fitting and tacky. If we were to really give Tomorrowland some love, we’d throw those out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom