News Tomorrowland love

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Something else: If Tomorrowland isn't redone by 2021 (and it doesn't look like it will be) there'll be less impetus to do it. I think management will see it as: It got Tron. It got Stitches' replacement. We painted it. That's close enough. We need to focus our efforts elsewhere.

Actually, we're nearly two years into this and, at this point, I'd say that's all Tomorrowland is getting:
- Tron
- Stitch replacement
- paint

...and once Tron is up people here will be thankful that Tomorrowland got something (anything). TL will look roughly the same.

That would leave Peoplemover, CoP, and Space Mountain to go unchanged. And at one point I think even Buzz was supposed to get an update. Paint certainly helps but I hope they don't neglect the other attractions thinking TL is good enough once Tron hits the area.

Kman101

Buzz can hit the bricks ... but I know people love their shooter rides. But yeah an upgrade would be nice.

I don't really mind the temporary banners. What do you all want? More permanent looking signage? I think the one on the Tomorrowland entrance sign looks the worst. The rest don't bother me. No different than any other promotion really. At least they have some kewl photo ops? lol

I'm not saying I like it either but it's a temporary offering. It's not in the worst place in the world either. I wish they'd put a tad more effort in, they always do the bare minimum, but the Incredibles aren't the worst infusion in the world to Tomorrowland. I'd take them over Buzz and Monsters Inc.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Something else: If Tomorrowland isn't redone by 2021 (and it doesn't look like it will be) there'll be less impetus to do it. I think management will see it as: It got Tron. It got Stitches' replacement. We painted it. That's close enough. We need to focus our efforts elsewhere.

Actually, we're nearly two years into this and, at this point, I'd say that's all Tomorrowland is getting:
- Tron
- Stitch replacement
- paint

...and once Tron is up people here will be thankful that Tomorrowland got something (anything). TL will look roughly the same.
Well, Speedway too... That has to change as a result of Tron, and any update will be an improvement.

clemmo

So Tron, speedway makeover to look more like tron, cop updates, and peoplemover scenes added, but do we know if we're really going to get a stitch replacement? I thought that was more of a toss up.

Brad Bishop

I actually think there could be "easy" fixes to help bootstrap this sort of feel for the land. Implementing canopies like they have at the Fremont Street Experience in Las Vegas could allow for more movement overhead, and a deeper immersion experience that is both impressive and scalable. Glance at the sky in tomorrowland and see the "skyline" of the places, with futuristic skyscrapers and ships zipping overhead. Has the popular concept of a futuristic spaceship changed? Just re-render the canopy video to have different styled ships. Need some synergy for that "Flight of the Navigator" reboot they just released in 2033? Insert him in.

It's "old" tech by now, but it seems like this sort of experience in T-land would still thrill and impress - not to mention do a lot as a band aid for a dying land while they figure out something else to replace Buzz, Stitch and Monsters with.

I think those are great ideas. TM in DL does have a tiered area over by Space Mountain but if they did something like that throughout the land and actually had things to do/visit, that could alleviate some of the congestion and make it feel 'bigger'. The buildings need to have something in them and there needs to be things to do/buy/eat along the way, otherwise it'd feel like a dead mall (which it wasn't too far from that day I visited).

It'll never happen but I think it'd be an easy win for them: Tear out the old Peoplemover track and rebuild it either along the same path or maybe add an attraction or two and have it go into those. People like that ride. It's an easy win.

Brad Bishop

They need to just rename the land. Pixarland. Extrasland. Whatever. I like the Incredibles but it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. Maybe if they redid Tomorrowland as "SciFi-Land" it'd make sense... and redoing Tomorrowland as Sci-Fi land actually does make a lot of sense. Every other land in the park is a genre of book or movie. Only Tomorrowland was, originally at least, about the future. Make it Sci-Fi land and everything that's in there now starts fitting in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom