Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

jaxonp

The toys do cover many genres: Buzz is Sci-Fi, Woody is Westerns, Rex is dinosaurs, GAM is military, Mr. Potato Head is The Land, Little Bo Peep and Slinky Dog and Hamm are Animal Kingdom, Mr. Spell can hang out with the Phoenicians, Barbie is a Princess (hey, if Mulan is one...), RC can have Speedway, Wheezy and Mike can take over the stage shows, Etch's Festival of the Arts, etc...

So basically all attractions should be turned into toy story theme. So smart. Cha ching! It’s official, WDW name change to Toy Story World confirmed!

Indy_UK

What I ment was if they close dinosaur I will hate disney forever point my middle finger at them and I will loath disney for the rest of my life!!!!

145B805A-B219-436E-9280-0D55C5E8006C.jpeg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I’d really like to know who is making park decisions when it comes to IP/attraction placement. Indy is so quintessential DHS to me, and Dinosaur AK that it just feels wrong, even if Indy ends up being chased by dinos. Wouldn’t it be less expensive to redo Chester & Hester instead of redoing Dinosaur and C&H? That would keep Dinosaur open for visitors while the other portion of the land is under construction. DHS 2017/18 is not a model to repeat.

Add (and keep adding); don’t subtract.

I've narrowed it down to one of these guys.
bob-iger-george-Lucas-disney-legends-2.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I’d really like to know who is making park decisions when it comes to IP/attraction placement. Indy is so quintessential DHS to me, and Dinosaur AK that it just feels wrong, even if Indy ends up being chased by dinos. Wouldn’t it be less expensive to redo Chester & Hester instead of redoing Dinosaur and C&H? That would keep Dinosaur open for visitors while the other portion of the land is under construction. DHS 2017/18 is not a model to repeat.

Add (and keep adding); don’t subtract.

Couldn't agree more! It really is mind-boggling. It's like a prerequisite for determining IP placement is to first cast aside logic and common sense. More often than not it's just more "square peg in a round hole" misfits. With very little effort and with enough force an IP can fit in anywhere and that's a problem. But that's the mandate. Find an IP, make it fit. It's all rather sad.

What's odd is the same decision maker or decision making group also stumble when it comes to more "common sense" IP placement. They might have a perfectly viable building or ride that COULD seamlessly fit an IP and they choose not to use it -or worse- integrate the IP into a ride that's already well-established and high in guest satisfaction e.g. Dinosaur; a ride that needs nothing more than general upkeep. IPs can be a good thing but it seems, as of late, they're being integrated poorly. Seeing Coco in the Mexico Pavilion makes sense to me. Indiana Jones in a Dinosaur attraction doesn't. Obviously we all have our opinions. Shame mine does not jibe with those of the current decision makers.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Right, and that was tied into Norwegian storytelling and mythology. An argument could be made that the Snow Queen also ties into Norwegian story telling but the treatment of the ride's story doesn't do that. Frozen Ever After is a better ride than Maelstrom, but Maelstrom was a better fit for the space.
Here we go again...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom