Trip Report Magical Business Trip, May at the Beach Club

Hi everyone! I finally got my photos uploaded, so I guess I'll get this thing started. It'll be a short one!

Who: Me and my husband R (previous trip reports linked in my signature)
When: May 3-6
Why: R had an annual meeting in Naples, so we tagged a WDW trip to the beginning.
Where: Beach Club

Travel Day! (text heavy)

We both worked a half-day on the 3rd and headed out of town around 1:15. We had to fly out of Nashville, unfortunately, which is about a 2 hour drive and neither of us particularly likes being in Nashville. Memphis has really limited their nonstops though, so we may have to suck it up and drive the extra hour from now on :cry:

I kept getting calls from the same number, so I finally decided to google it, and it was Southwest. When I checked the app, I saw our flight was delayed by about a half hour. As we were coming into Nashville, R asked if I wanted to stop anywhere, so I directed him to McKay's (a huge used bookstore). I found 5 books in 30 minutes, which is really a lot for that place! It is HUGE and I always have a hard time finding anything, but I was pleased.

We continued on to the airport and the long-term lot was full, meaning we had to park economy. We always choose the more expensive option when his company is paying :hilarious:. We were annoyed, but they're doing a lot of construction, so I think they had a garage closed off. We got into the airport and through security quickly, then stopped at Quiznos. We thought we might get to Disney early enough for a late dinner, but with the flight delay, we didn't want to chance being starving.

The airport was slammed, and the flight leaving before ours was super late, which is what threw ours off. We ended up leaving about an hour late, and arrived in Orlando at 8:40pm.

Guess who was on the plane with us? A BUNCH OF CHEERLEADERS. It was a sign of what the parks would look like. The flight attendant got sassy with them because they couldn't decide where to sit. He said "They all land at the same time, just pick one" :hilarious:

Got our special bands on! Ignore my watch telling me I've been lazy.

Finally stopped for a picture with the Mickey!

We waited longer than normal for the bags to start moving, but we eventually got ours and headed of to Magical Express.

There was a little bit of a backup at the checkin for ME. There were four lines, and they all seemed to be having problems. I think people just didn't have their stuff together because we scanned our bands and were through with no issues.

At this point, I decided to call Beach Club because I hadn't received a text. Last time this happened we waited at the front desk forever at like 2am, and I was not going to let that happen again even though it was earlier.

While I was being transferred, we hopped on the bus. We ended up sitting there 20 minutes before we took off and not one more person got on after us :facepalm: Whatever.

I was able to get my room assignment over the phone, and he pushed the text to me so I wouldn't forget it. It was 5th floor, and my interest was piqued. I know the Beach Club is not tall, and I know that club level rooms are usually high floors. Hmmmm....

I did some googling, but didn't find anything that made me absolutely certain, and I didn't want to get my hopes up.

---------------

We arrived at our resort around 10:15/30 and stopped in the marketplace for a snack. I wanted donuts and R wanted a cookie, and for some reason he seemed to think we shouldn’t get both because we didn't need that much food. I was not having that...I got us both. Ha

We got on the elevator and hit 5 and nothing happened. Then the door opened and some other people came in and were also going to 5. But since we’d already pushed the button, they didn’t do anything and again we just sat there...They had just arrived too, and we finally realized we were supposed to scan our band otherwise the elevator wouldn’t go anywhere. Once that happened, I knew we had indeed been upgraded. Score!

I guess the bubbles are supposed to be hidden mickeys? There were some better ones, but this was the only picture I took.

The lounge was already closed, and it was late so I didn't take room photos. I was gushing over this room though! And the view!

The room was super clean and fresh feeling, spacious, nice decor. There are almost no Disney touches though, which is disappointing and no bed runners! :hilarious: We turned in for the night after we ate our treats.

Up next: First Day in the parks

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Love your t-shirt! And the purple hair, which made me laugh because recently I told my pre-teen daughter I was going to put purple in my hair (so not my style but I can appreciate when it looks good on someone else); I remained so straight-faced and serious she really began to believe me - so much so that she said she was going to ask our hairdresser (his salon is on the ground floor of our building) and when I said "go ahead" then she REALLY thought I was telling the truth. As we were walking home she ran to get to the salon ahead of me and asked him and without knowing the joke he played along. :joyfull: Hopefully thinking of purple hair will always make me laugh as she turns more and more into a snarky teen ;)

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Love your pictures! I'm going to be in WDW for the weekends before and after our cruise next year - one of which will be May 4th. Are the cheerleaders really bad throughout the parks? Just need to know to start preparing myself :) I was planning on just going to AK and MK (for Dapper Day weekend before) but I might have to find a way to add Epcot in as well. I love the park during Flower and Garden Festival!
They weren't that bad, just super noticeable because they travel in bigger groups (and wear huge hair bows). They weren't disruptive though, that I could tell. I love the festival too! Epcot is so beautiful during it.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
First Park Day continued - May the 4th (be with you)

We tagged along with @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek through World Showcase with our ultimate destination being the Tangerine Cafe for lunch. They stopped for a rose marg in Mexico, which sounded super good! I'll have to let them tell who the verdict on it in their report.

Tangerine Cafe wasn't crowded at all. R and I shared a lamb and chicken shawarma platter since we were still full from the hot dogs.

It was delicious! Except the little salad looking part. It's parsley :depressed:. I had to be gross and spit it into a napkin :hilarious: Sorry, guys!

We had a great time talking to them! We talked about Disney a lot, but also about our jobs and dealing with college kids. We definitely could have hung out longer, but we had a FP to get to, and I think they had pool plans maybe?

After lunch we continued walking through WS, stopping in the UK for @lostpro9het (sorry I'm tagging you so much :joyfull:) and at Cider House for R and me. We had the Grand Mimosa again, and it wasn't as good as I remembered. I think I had built it up in my head so much in the month between trips. It was still refreshing though!

Crowds were pretty light, but still heavy in the bottlenecks that happen in certain areas.

We parted ways when R and I headed to The Land. We passed through the butterfly house, but didn't linger. I would have loved for one to land on my hand, but I don't know how long I'd have to stand there for it to happen :cautious:

We rode Living with the Land with a FP and thought it was crazy that the standby was 25 minutes and Soarin was only 35. Crazy!

Took this for my cousin. She just got married in April and her new last name is Cotton :inlove:

I want this in my backyard!

Pointing out another Mickey head.

I don't know why I take so many pictures :joyfull:

We headed back across Future World to look around Mouse Gear for a minute.

I don't know why I like this topiary so much. He's so cute!

I saw some ears I wanted and talked myself out of them like 4 times over the 2 days we were there. We didn’t get anything (super proud!), and headed off toward the International Gateway.

Stopped at Northern Bloom on the way out

• Maple Popcorn Shake (non-alcoholic) – $4.50

R got the one with whiskey, and we both agreed the non-alcoholic one is better. I actually don't like any of the alcoholic versions of these treats that come as both (does that make sense?) They just don't balance the flavors well, I don't know. Also, I would advise eating the popcorn pieces off the top first. They're too soggy once you get done with the drink.

Up Next: Resort pictures

sheriffwoody

Original Poster

Back at the resort, I took a few pictures in the lobby.

Didn't even notice the seahorses until I was editing that shot above :facepalm:

One of the best things about being Club Level (and this may have been true of all the floors, I don't know) was the infused water by the elevator. It was there all but the last day.

Here are some room photos! Sorry I didn't move our stuff...I'm not that dedicated.

Guess I lied about the Disney touches. There are Mickeys on the shower curtain ;)

My arm :hilarious:

I think we ended up back in the room around 1:30 or 2 and were just lazy. We checked out the lounge and I just got some coffee. I sat on the balcony for a few, then saw the painters were coming up in the machine. They were close enough that I could have jumped onto the lift with them, which was awkward, so I came inside and read on the bed.

I fell asleep for a few minutes, but not long. Eventually I got up and left the room to just walk around the resort. Saw they were giving out wristbands when you came into the pool to keep people who weren’t staying there out. I assume that’s easier than policing people in the pool area...the pink wrist band is easy to spot on people.

The lobby again. It's so bright and airy!

You can see the ladder outside the window. Lots of that outside with all the painting. Probably why I found a good rate.

Walking by Cape May. I've heard it stinks there, and when we walked by later while it was open, it really did smell SUPER fishy :hungover:. It was kind of intense.

I found Yachtsman so I knew where to go for dinner.

I don't think I took any photos in the Yacht Club side, but the difference in the mood and tones is very noticeable! It's much darker and richer, and it feels more grown-up somehow. I think I prefer the Yacht Club side, personally, but the smell is better at Beach Club :D I did look in their new store there (new to me anyway). It was really similar to what Beach Club has, but with some more boutique style clothing racks. They had Lily Pulitzer in there.

I traded a pin with someone in the shop at Beach Club and just went on back up to the room.

When I came back R said there were people on the balcony and sure enough there was a painter out there. So awkward! Glad I closed the curtains! :hilarious:

R hopped in the shower and I turned on the tv for a while. We watched some Star Wars since it was May 4th, and soon it was time for Yachtsman!

Up next: Dinner

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Your Beach Club photos are lovely.

I am SO MAD at myself for forgetting the Orange Bird magic shot....TWICE!!!

We also noticed the low wait for FEA one morning.....Woody surmised that a lot of guests may think it opens at 11 am with the rest of World Showcase.

Funny about the Grand Mimosa.....I thought the SAME THING!! Loved it so much last month, couldn't wait to have it again....and then when I did, it was not as amazing the second time. 🤔

I might be able to hook you up with a Donald magnet, if they’re not gone by my next visit.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Love your t-shirt! And the purple hair, which made me laugh because recently I told my pre-teen daughter I was going to put purple in my hair (so not my style but I can appreciate when it looks good on someone else); I remained so straight-faced and serious she really began to believe me - so much so that she said she was going to ask our hairdresser (his salon is on the ground floor of our building) and when I said "go ahead" then she REALLY thought I was telling the truth. As we were walking home she ran to get to the salon ahead of me and asked him and without knowing the joke he played along. :joyfull: Hopefully thinking of purple hair will always make me laugh as she turns more and more into a snarky teen ;)

Thank you!! It's funny, I never EVER thought I'd do a non-traditional color in my hair. But it's so common now, I guess seeing different colors gave me the confidence. It's also so subtle that some people don't even notice it, especially now that it's faded. I don't think I could ever do all-over color because I'd constantly be worried everyone was looking at me :joyfull: That's funny that your hairdresser played along! He must know a thing or two about pranking kids :hilarious:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Your Beach Club photos are lovely.

I am SO MAD at myself for forgetting the Orange Bird magic shot....TWICE!!!

We also noticed the low wait for FEA one morning.....Woody surmised that a lot of guests may think it opens at 11 am with the rest of World Showcase.

Funny about the Grand Mimosa.....I thought the SAME THING!! Loved it so much last month, couldn't wait to have it again....and then when I did, it was not as amazing the second time. 🤔

I might be able to hook you up with a Donald magnet, if they’re not gone by my next visit.
Oh no!!! I hate you forgot about the OB. I'm surprised you didn't get one anyway. I didn't even ask after the first time, they just did them.

I wondered that with FEA, but that's never happened to us before. Maybe since the crowds were lower anyway? It was a happy surprise!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that about the cider. Maybe it was a different batch. It was still good, but not AS good.

If you're able to get Donald, I'll love you forever!!! I'll let you know if I end up getting one before you go. When is your visit?

KBLovedDisney

Back at the resort, I took a few pictures in the lobby.

Didn't even notice the seahorses until I was editing that shot above :facepalm:

One of the best things about being Club Level (and this may have been true of all the floors, I don't know) was the infused water by the elevator. It was there all but the last day.

Here are some room photos! Sorry I didn't move our stuff...I'm not that dedicated.

Guess I lied about the Disney touches. There are Mickeys on the shower curtain ;)

My arm :hilarious:

I think we ended up back in the room around 1:30 or 2 and were just lazy. We checked out the lounge and I just got some coffee. I sat on the balcony for a few, then saw the painters were coming up in the machine. They were close enough that I could have jumped onto the lift with them, which was awkward, so I came inside and read on the bed.

I fell asleep for a few minutes, but not long. Eventually I got up and left the room to just walk around the resort. Saw they were giving out wristbands when you came into the pool to keep people who weren’t staying there out. I assume that’s easier than policing people in the pool area...the pink wrist band is easy to spot on people.

The lobby again. It's so bright and airy!

You can see the ladder outside the window. Lots of that outside with all the painting. Probably why I found a good rate.

Walking by Cape May. I've heard it stinks there, and when we walked by later while it was open, it really did smell SUPER fishy :hungover:. It was kind of intense.

I found Yachtsman so I knew where to go for dinner.

I don't think I took any photos in the Yacht Club side, but the difference in the mood and tones is very noticeable! It's much darker and richer, and it feels more grown-up somehow. I think I prefer the Yacht Club side, personally, but the smell is better at Beach Club :D I did look in their new store there (new to me anyway). It was really similar to what Beach Club has, but with some more boutique style clothing racks. They had Lily Pulitzer in there.

I traded a pin with someone in the shop at Beach Club and just went on back up to the room.

When I came back R said there were people on the balcony and sure enough there was a painter out there. So awkward! Glad I closed the curtains! :hilarious:

R hopped in the shower and I turned on the tv for a while. We watched some Star Wars since it was May 4th, and soon it was time for Yachtsman!

Up next: Dinner
Your pictures are amazing!! :inlove:

lostpro9het

We tagged along with @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek through World Showcase with our ultimate destination being the Tangerine Cafe for lunch. They stopped for a rose marg in Mexico, which sounded super good! I'll have to let them tell who the verdict on it in their report.
We had a great time hanging with ya'll as well. I hope R wasn't too bored. Next time we head up to Rendezvous we'll hit you up so you can experience the best ribs I've ever had.

After lunch we continued walking through WS, stopping in the UK for @lostpro9het (sorry I'm tagging you so much :joyfull:) and at Cider House for R and me. We had the Grand Mimosa again, and it wasn't as good as I remembered. I think I had built it up in my head so much in the month between trips. It was still refreshing though!
Can't not walk through England and not get a black and tan or I&G!

becca_

First - LOVE the purple hair! I hope you can find a way to keep it longer! When my hair had red in it, it washed out so fast until someone told me to put the dye in my conditioner and that seemed to help.
Second - Beach Club upgrade?? JEALOUS!!
Third - I love your F & G magic band and I'm so mad I forgot to grab one for myself in March!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom