Stroller Question for Park Hopping

NickMaio

Hi Everyone,

We are going this summer with our little one, he will be 9 month during our trip. My question is concerning strollers. Right now we have a Uppa Baby Cruz, its comfortable not too big he finds it super comfortable.
Should we look at getting another kind of stroller, smaller umbrella type?

My wife thinks it might get stolen during a ride, while its parked out front. Also that it might be too big to navigate MK's crowded paths.

We have never traveled with a little one before - any advice would be great.
Thanks
NM

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Wagon strollers aren't allowed!
I saw them all over the place in WDW

they shouldn't have been allowed in (like anything designed to be pulled instead of pushed).
If you look at the picture, and what's being sold. they are designed to be pushed not pull
tlms-3wh_fr_d-grey-2.jpg

Upvote 0

John park hopper

So, it appears as long as it can be pushed it can be any size. Disney needs to set some standards before this gets totally out of hand. Maybe a $100 upcharge for these and future monstrosities on second thought people would pay it, ban them all together

Upvote 0

Daddyoh

There are many excellent tips here, particularly the umbrella fold up ones, they will come particularly helpful when using transportation. My only question, and don't think me cruel but with a 9 month old will you actually be doing much as far as rides ?
Unless, you have additional care for your baby I feel that your ride experience is going to be limited.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There are many excellent tips here, particularly the umbrella fold up ones, they will come particularly helpful when using transportation. My only question, and don't think me cruel but with a 9 month old will you actually be doing much as far as rides ?
Unless, you have additional care for your baby I feel that your ride experience is going to be limited.
Who cares?

This is what we saw in MK the other day:

View attachment 283629
A monstrosity that is pushed, not pulled. And unfortunately allowed, apparently.
It's not just ridiculous for its size, it's also ridiculous for its purpose. Any kid big enough to sit up safely in one of those things is big enough to not need a stroller. Those things are for lazy "big kids," not babies / toddlers.

Upvote 0

Rogue1138

I absolutely love the Summer Infant 3D Lite. We used it on my older son when he was 7 months and again at 18 months. Very light (only like 13 lbs), folds up fast for buses and cost effective ($80) on Amazon. Comes in different colors so you can do something that stands out. Every now and then Summer Infant has sales up to 50% off too.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I absolutely love the Summer Infant 3D Lite. We used it on my older son when he was 7 months and again at 18 months. Very light (only like 13 lbs), folds up fast for buses and cost effective ($80) on Amazon. Comes in different colors so you can do something that stands out. Every now and then Summer Infant has sales up to 50% off too.
That's a good size but I personally don't like strollers where the two sets of wheels fold up in opposite directions. If you get one where all four wheels come together when folded, they stand up on their own.

1526483681931.png

Upvote 0

Rogue1138

That's a good size but I personally don't like strollers where the two sets of wheels fold up in opposite directions. If you get one where all four wheels come together when folded, they stand up on their own.

View attachment 284175

I can see that as a benefit. Never was a factor to us since if not in use they’re usually in one of our cars. I usually go by weight, price and reviews. Since we now have another little guy we’ve used the Zoe double stroller, which is pretty nice.

Upvote 0

dalizzer

Hi Everyone,

We are going this summer with our little one, he will be 9 month during our trip. My question is concerning strollers. Right now we have a Uppa Baby Cruz, its comfortable not too big he finds it super comfortable.
Should we look at getting another kind of stroller, smaller umbrella type?

My wife thinks it might get stolen during a ride, while its parked out front. Also that it might be too big to navigate MK's crowded paths.

We have never traveled with a little one before - any advice would be great.
Thanks
NM

You can rent a stroller from numerous companies that will drop off on property. We did so this pst weekend. It was great.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Come on people.. I’m going to say it again-

Maclaren Triumph!!!(or Quest)

What’s with all of the joggers at WDW? Make your life easier.. use an easy to fold, lightweight, throw over your shoulder.. stroller!

Save the joggers for your morning run. :)
A04EB3F7-F579-4213-9E76-CFE0BD0B75D8.jpeg

Seriously though, am I the only one who hated bulky strollers unless absolutely necessary- i.e. during infancy (under 8months old) or when running?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Come on people.. I’m going to say it again-

Maclaren Triumph!!!(or Quest)

What’s with all of the joggers at WDW? Make your life easier.. use an easy to fold, lightweight, throw over your shoulder.. stroller!

Save the joggers for your morning run. :)
View attachment 284186

Seriously though, am I the only one who hated bulky strollers unless absolutely necessary- i.e. during infancy (under 8months old) or when running?
That's an $80 stroller that costs $200. I'm all for paying for quality, but you're not getting anything more for your money in that case.

We're rocking the Graco Roomfor2 this trip. It doesn't fold up as small as I'd like but it's a reasonable size when open. There aren't many options for a double stroller that accommodates an infant car seat.

ca6944ed-3d09-4f14-a941-daa1bea218d6.jpg

Upvote 0

21stamps

That's an $80 stroller that costs $200. I'm all for paying for quality, but you're not getting anything more for your money in that case.

We're rocking the Graco Roomfor2 this trip. It doesn't fold up as small as I'd like but it's a reasonable size when open. There aren't many options for a double stroller that accommodates an infant car seat.

ca6944ed-3d09-4f14-a941-daa1bea218d6.jpg

Can’t agree with you on the $80 bit. I absolutely loved the Maclaren brand and for me- lightweight (as light as possible), maneuverability, and ease of travel were the most important thing.
I took the Triumph on all of our trips.. I could even go for a run with it. Then, just throw it over my shoulder when done. The only downside is Maclaren strollers always require you to buy a cup holder separately. Honestly, I loved it even more than my BOB.
Definitely worth just a few extra dollars compared to other similar style strollers.

But, here’s where I agree with you... your double stroller looks perfect for two!!

Upvote 0

PrincessBriarRose

My hubby and I just took our son for his first birthday in August of 2017... We brought our UPPABABY Cruz and did not regret a second of it. We both went back and forth on whether or not we would take it or buy a inexpensive umbrella stroller or rent a stroller. Ultimately, we decided to go the "free" route. What made it a good decision was the familiarity our son had with it. He took naps and stayed sleeping much better than had we used a stroller that was not what he was used to. Day 3 of 12 on our trip, my niece decided she wanted to ride in our stroller so we put our son in hers. Let's just say that did not go over well. So I couldn't imagine having put him in a rented stroller. If you have an UPPABABY stroller you know how easy it is to maneuver through crowds and the storage underneath is substantial without being bulky. It's easy to collapse and open when getting on and off the bus. My hubby and I used a backpack for our things and it was easy to grab before folding up the stroller for transport. We put a classic Disney characters ribbon around our handle to quickly identify our cart and it came with a rain cover which we put a poncho over for extra protection. When we got home from our trip we went through our vacation successes and we both though bring our Cruz was a huge win. I wasn't worried about it being stolen because when you put your rain shield and poncho over it, it looks like every other stroller in the corral.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Who cares?

It's not just ridiculous for its size, it's also ridiculous for its purpose. Any kid big enough to sit up safely in one of those things is big enough to not need a stroller. Those things are for lazy "big kids," not babies / toddlers.

Gotta disagree with you again. Those are perfect for a toddler at the zoo. Basically replaces a wagon. Neither one belongs at WDW though.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Gotta disagree with you again. Those are perfect for a toddler at the zoo. Basically replaces a wagon. Neither one belongs at WDW though.

Appropos of nothing, a humorous scene I witnessed on the resort monorail two weeks ago:

A toddler, two teenaged cheerleaders, their Mothers and a Grandmother (each one more scantily clad and heavily made-up than the one before, and all wearing Summit cheerleader/spectator lanyards) board the monorail, the first mother pushing one of those fabric wagons with a stroller handle, which is loaded to overflowing with their handbags, makeup bag, snacks, clothing, merchandise, water bottles, spray fans, etc. The mother proceeds to have a loud, protracted phone conversation with someone [presumably her husband], demanding that he follow them to the Magic Kingdom immediately because, "we, like, left the umbrella stroller in the room, and where is our daughter [looking at the toddler] supposed to sit without it!??!" She says this while distractedly rearranging the overflow of various bags, totes and water bottles in the giant stroller in her hands.

Apparently strollers aren't just for kids anymore. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom