Stroller Question for Park Hopping

NickMaio

Hi Everyone,

We are going this summer with our little one, he will be 9 month during our trip. My question is concerning strollers. Right now we have a Uppa Baby Cruz, its comfortable not too big he finds it super comfortable.
Should we look at getting another kind of stroller, smaller umbrella type?

My wife thinks it might get stolen during a ride, while its parked out front. Also that it might be too big to navigate MK's crowded paths.

We have never traveled with a little one before - any advice would be great.
Thanks
NM

John park hopper

Back when my boys were in a stroller we used the small easily folded umbrella stroller. Surprisingly my boys never complained about being uncomfortable nor have they suffered any trauma from them in later life. IMO I just don't see the need for the minivan strollers people bring to the parks these days. Just as Disney limits the size of coolers they should limit the stroller size

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Back when my boys were in a stroller we used the small easily folded umbrella stroller. Surprisingly my boys never complained about being uncomfortable nor have they suffered any trauma from them in later life. IMO I just don't see the need for the minivan strollers people bring to the parks these days. Just as Disney limits the size of coolers they should limit the stroller size
Small babies can't ride in most umbrella strollers. It's literally unsafe.

Also, I don't know what you're talking about with "easily folded." My bigger strollers fold up just as small as the umbrella strollers. One folds tall and skinny, the other is short and flat.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

Never said only umbrella strollers should be alllowed in WDW and i realize babies require a different type of stroller. However my last trip to WDW I observed stollers that were huge and took forever to fold and even folded took up alot of room on the buses as well as blocking walk ways in the park. You may have stollers that fold easily and take up little room many do not

Upvote 0

21stamps

I used a Maclaren Quest as my umbrella stroller. Travelled a lot with it. Perfect weight, perfect maneuverability, perfectly compact, easy to put in the bag at an airport gate.. and still super comfortable.

Not sure if something better has hit the market since then, but I highly recommend it! Your son is at the age where you’ll probably start using that type of stroller more often, I’d go ahead and purchase it before the trip, you’ll get a ton of use out of it in the next 2 years!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I'mwatchinguWizowski

Everyone has different needs and what works for one won’t work for all so we just need to be understanding of others. Both of my boys have had and do have health issues and my minivan Bob or vista stroller were needed and that’s my right!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Everyone has different needs and what works for one won’t work for all so we just need to be understanding of others. Both of my boys have had and do have health issues and my minivan Bob or vista stroller were needed and that’s my right!

Ok wait, I had a BOB, and I absolutely loved it.. but, why would you need a BOB at WDW?

Upvote 0

I'mwatchinguWizowski

Because I have a child with autism who can actually fit into as opposed to the “smaller strollers” that people here would want me to use or Disney to require. Not that I need to provide a rationale behind it.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Because I have a child with autism who can actually fit into as opposed to the “smaller strollers” that people here would want me to use or Disney to require. Not that I need to provide a rationale behind it.

Ok, I thought you were going to say you did daily runs while on vacation. I have seen that at a Disney hotel before, only once.. but a woman in a room near ours had a double BOB, kept it out in the hallway every night.. and was running on the trail every morning.

My unsolicited advice-
You might want to check out Maclaren too, they’re a lot more compact, especially if you aren’t going for a run with the stroller. I had both, but rarely ever took my BOB on many outings past infancy, unless I was running.. was a headache to deal with. A non-jogger with a high weight capacity may be a lot easier for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

It has been many years but we did travel with a stroller. I would not bring anything that expensive. People do steal. http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/...es-child-to-steal-stroller-at-theme-park.html. I would also like to add that you make sure to fold up the stroller at the bus stops BEFORE the bus rolls up. Too many people wait until the bus is there and the line is moving to try to do that. Not cool.
"On April 15, Lauren Collazo reported that her $1,800 Bugaboo stroller, which she had left outside a Hollywood Studios attraction, was stolen while she was on a ride..."

ROFL... If you bring an $1,800 stroller to an amusement park, I think you may have issues (especially if you have to fly to get there). Leave the bling at home. You're not impressing anyone. Get something cheap, light and maneuverable. You'll thank me later.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

"On April 15, Lauren Collazo reported that her $1,800 Bugaboo stroller, which she had left outside a Hollywood Studios attraction, was stolen while she was on a ride..."

ROFL... If you bring an $1,800 stroller to an amusement park, I think you may have issues (especially if you have to fly to get there). Leave the bling at home. You're not impressing anyone. Get something cheap, light and maneuverable. You'll thank me later.

I know right?! Even if I was super rich, I don't think I would spend that much on a stroller. Unless it came with a nanny.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

You don't owe anyone an explanation, but it's just that the OP was asking about a stroller for a 9-month old that would be suitable for park-hopping, so naturally the advice tended to be along the lines of, "smaller is better"...

Upvote 0

debpeduz

I’ve had both our Citi Mini GT with our first child and our Citi Minu GT double when we had our second. We love our strollers and love having them with us in the parks.

We have rain covers for both and never had an issue with storms. Ours also has great canopy’s on top that extend well over the kiddos which protects them from the sun. We also fly and have stroller bags. Stroller is always taken with us to the gate. We never have an issue with magical express and usually are fine on buses and monorails. My husband usually stands with the stroller and stays out of the way from other people as much as possible.

Buy a stroller lock. We have one and lock it almost every time. Also, if we are in a particular land, park the stroller a bit while you walk to numerous rides. No need to constantly move the stroller after every ride.

Someone said it before, take what you need and what you feel is appropriate for you and your family!

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I’ve had both our Citi Mini GT with our first child and our Citi Minu GT double when we had our second. We love our strollers and love having them with us in the parks.

We have rain covers for both and never had an issue with storms. Ours also has great canopy’s on top that extend well over the kiddos which protects them from the sun. We also fly and have stroller bags. Stroller is always taken with us to the gate. We never have an issue with magical express and usually are fine on buses and monorails. My husband usually stands with the stroller and stays out of the way from other people as much as possible.

Buy a stroller lock. We have one and lock it almost every time. Also, if we are in a particular land, park the stroller a bit while you walk to numerous rides. No need to constantly move the stroller after every ride.

Someone said it before, take what you need and what you feel is appropriate for you and your family!

How does a stroller lock work? Does it lock up the wheels or something? I would imagine the cast members that move them around would not like that. My husband always did what your does. He would stand out of the way(there is usually a gap between seats) with the stroller. Makes it much less of a tripping hazard for those walking up and down the isle. I saw a family once that did not give a hoot and had the stroller just lying in the isle and some poor older woman tripped over it and hurt herself. The family didn't even apologize. People where giving them the look.

Upvote 0

NickMaio

Original Poster

Thank you....great tips.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Food for thought, I saw a fair number of these strollers in WDW this past April. I think it made life a lot better for little ones and while not a cheap umbrella stroller you may want to consider it. I'm not recommending this specifi model, just google wagon strollers.
View attachment 282824

Wagon strollers aren't allowed! Specifically stated. I'm surprised you saw them in the parks, they shouldn't have been allowed in (like anything designed to be pulled instead of pushed).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom