Mobile Ordering

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
How many of you have tried mobile ordering? I'm annoyed that I forgot it was an option on my last visit because it wasn't available the year before. Is it pretty glitchy still or does it work well?

DarthVader

Sith Lord
How many of you have tried mobile ordering? I'm annoyed that I forgot it was an option on my last visit because it wasn't available the year before. Is it pretty glitchy still or does it work well?
My daughter was anxious for us to try it, but in honesty we found showing up and seeing the selection was best for our family. YMMV but my kids hemmed and hawed over what to get, so it was better for us to show up, snag a table and then decide.

jaklgreen

We have used it a few times. No glitches and it worked great. Best place to use it is at Aloha Isle to get your dole whip. The line is always long and the times I have gone, no one was using the mobile app. The cast member that was monitoring the line was telling people about it but it did not look like people were going for it, like they rather wait in line.

MadMax11

Hoping they’ll eventually allow option of adding Disney gift cards as a payment option. I’m assuming that hasn’t happened yet, right?

BoarderPhreak

I witnessed a good reason why mobile ordering may just be a solution looking for a problem... The Sunshine Tree Terrace at MK. People mobile ordering their Dole Whips and such. Long, slow moving SINGLE line. The rest of us, on MULTIPLE lines were being served much faster with less confusion and fresh 'Whips that weren't half melted already. Mobile ordering seemed like the dumbest thing in this instance.

CaptainAmerica

Has anyone used this recently? I'm looking for confirmation that you still cannot pay on mobile ordering using either a gift card or a room charge and that it's still credit/debit/DDP only.

KTK

It works great. I am shocked how many people don't use it. We were there in Dec with some lines 10-12 people deep and only 1-2 people waiting for mobile ordering. We had the dining plan during are trip. We did all of our quick service meals through mobile ordering.

CaptainAmerica

It works great. I am shocked how many people don't use it. We were there in Dec with some lines 10-12 people deep and only 1-2 people waiting for mobile ordering. We had the dining plan during are trip. We did all of our quick service meals through mobile ordering.
I'll be all over it as soon as they enable gift cards or room charge. I don't use a credit card on vacation.

The Mighty Tim

I used it at Pizzafari at AK, Pinoochio Haus at MK and Fairfax Fare at HS and encountered no problems. There was a bit if a wait at Pinocchio and Fairfax but not as long as we would have waited had we been in the regular queue.

Would use again

Hcalvert

I used it last June for getting a Dole Whip with pineapple upside down cake and it was fine. I sat at a table by Aladdin, ordered it, and waited about 5 minutes until they told me to go get it. I passed a load of people in line and just walked up to the mobile order line. I used snack credits from the dining plan with no problem.

nickys

Premium Member
I'll be all over it as soon as they enable gift cards or room charge. I don't use a credit card on vacation.

I agree. A lot of international guests won’t use it with a debit or credit card, because of transaction charges (there are pre-paid ones that don’t charge though). As soon as they allow it on a magic band or gift card, the onsite guests will all be using it.

yedliW

It works great, unless you are at Casey's Corner right before fireworks start..

It still works.. but you won't be the only one packed into the waiting area for your food to be ready..

thumper

I used it several times last year during my trips in Aug and Nov (Cosmic Rays at MK, Electric Umbrella at EPCOT, and Columbia Harbor House at MK)...no issues with order and zero wait.

KTK

We were successful using it once, not another in our last trip. Forgot to use it the other times, or lines not long enough to order in advance. It really helps to have studied the menus in advance so people have some idea of what to order. We did find that Mobile Ordering offered some menu options not listed on menu boards at the restaurants. At the ABC Commissary, for example, there were several extra items listed on Mobile Ordering. There was no line so we just went up to the cashier and were caught off guard because the overhead menu was different. But, when we asked about the missing menu items the CM was able to ring them up with no issue. In our next trips we plan to use this more often - if we remember.
You can order way ahead of time if you wish. If I recall once you place your order, it is good for 3-4 hours before it will expire. Once you get to the restaurant, you push the "I'm here" button and that is when they prepare your order. I typically tell them I'm here when I am 1-2 minutes away from the restaurant.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Works great the times I've used it. You can select a time to pick up your food. When you get near the restaurant, you'll receive a notification asking if you're ready to pick up so they can prepare your meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom