• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Mobile Ordering

KTK

Advertisement
We were successful using it once, not another in our last trip. Forgot to use it the other times, or lines not long enough to order in advance. It really helps to have studied the menus in advance so people have some idea of what to order. We did find that Mobile Ordering offered some menu options not listed on menu boards at the restaurants. At the ABC Commissary, for example, there were several extra items listed on Mobile Ordering. There was no line so we just went up to the cashier and were caught off guard because the overhead menu was different. But, when we asked about the missing menu items the CM was able to ring them up with no issue. In our next trips we plan to use this more often - if we remember.
You can order way ahead of time if you wish. If I recall once you place your order, it is good for 3-4 hours before it will expire. Once you get to the restaurant, you push the "I'm here" button and that is when they prepare your order. I typically tell them I'm here when I am 1-2 minutes away from the restaurant.

LAKid53

The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter.
Premium Member
How many of you have tried mobile ordering? I'm annoyed that I forgot it was an option on my last visit because it wasn't available the year before. Is it pretty glitchy still or does it work well?
Works great the times I've used it. You can select a time to pick up your food. When you get near the restaurant, you'll receive a notification asking if you're ready to pick up so they can prepare your meal.

LAKid53

The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter.
Premium Member
We have used it a few times. No glitches and it worked great. Best place to use it is at Aloha Isle to get your dole whip. The line is always long and the times I have gone, no one was using the mobile app. The cast member that was monitoring the line was telling people about it but it did not look like people were going for it, like they rather wait in line.
You can use mobile ordering to get a Dole Whip?! :jawdrop:

jaklgreen

You can use mobile ordering to get a Dole Whip?! :jawdrop:
Yep! The times that I have gone, the line for dole whips was 15+ minutes long. And no one was using the mobile ordering. The cast member was telling people and I had forgotten about it, so I ordered mine and then went to their end counter where you pick it up. It was ready within a few minutes.

Reactions: dmw

dmw

You can order way ahead of time if you wish. If I recall once you place your order, it is good for 3-4 hours before it will expire. Once you get to the restaurant, you push the "I'm here" button and that is when they prepare your order. I typically tell them I'm here when I am 1-2 minutes away from the restaurant.
Just one caveat about the "order way ahead of time"... the restaurant has to be open. One time I tried to get a jump on ordering when in line for our first ride, but the app would not let me order because the restaurant was not yet open. Then I forgot to try again later... 😕

Top Bottom