The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

RMichael21

Hey, I just bought my tickets for my June trip and have some questions that I think y'all would be able to answer before I go over to the Trip Planning forum and start another thread.

This is my first trip staying onsite (staying at the Swan!) since MyMagic+/Fastpass+/MDE came out, so booking 60 days out is a new thing. Right now, when I go to book Fastpasses as a test, it's only showing 30 days out. This is normal right? I feel like I remember reading that when it actually gets to 60 days, my trip dates will appear?

Also, side note, I got an awesome deal on tickets. We bought 4 day park hoppers from Undercover Tourist with an extra day free (for a total of five days) for less than a four day non-hopper on the Disney website. Not sure if this is normal, but I'll definitely be using Undercover Tourist again in the future.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hey, I just bought my tickets for my June trip and have some questions that I think y'all would be able to answer before I go over to the Trip Planning forum and start another thread.

This is my first trip staying onsite (staying at the Swan!) since MyMagic+/Fastpass+/MDE came out, so booking 60 days out is a new thing. Right now, when I go to book Fastpasses as a test, it's only showing 30 days out. This is normal right? I feel like I remember reading that when it actually gets to 60 days, my trip dates will appear?

Also, side note, I got an awesome deal on tickets. We bought 4 day park hoppers from Undercover Tourist with an extra day free (for a total of five days) for less than a four day non-hopper on the Disney website. Not sure if this is normal, but I'll definitely be using Undercover Tourist again in the future.
The Swan /Dolphin might not be able to do it 60 days out. They are on property but not part of the 60 days out club (don't take my word on it though that's the only think I could think of)

RMichael21

The Swan /Dolphin might not be able to do it 60 days out. They are on property but not part of the 60 days out club (don't take my word on it though that's the only think I could think of)
Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 1.52.18 PM.png

;)

spacemt354

Chili's
I see I didn't read your question in full...yes it's normal for it say 30 days if it's not actually 60 days out haha

And I double checked Swan/Dolphin are a part of the 60 days

RMichael21

I see I didn't read your question in full...yes it's normal for it say 30 days if it's not actually 60 days out haha

And I double checked Swan/Dolphin are a part of the 60 days
Thanks space!

These are the Fastpasses I'm going for if anyone's interested:
6/26 (Tue): Frozen, Spaceship Earth and Mission Space
6/27 (Wed): None - Universal!
6/28 (Thu): Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safari and Everest
6/29 (Fri): Space, Big Thunder, Splash
6/30 (Sat): Slinky Dog Dash, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror (Park hopping to MK after our Fastpasses are done)

Because I have the extra day (that we may or may not use, depending on how things fall), I'm going to see if I could book some stuff either 6/27 after Universal at Epcot or 7/1 in the morning before we head to the beach for a few days. If for some reason I'm not able to get FOP on 6/28, I'll try to book it for this day so we have the chance to ride it.

Also, fingers crossed we get SDD on opening day!

TheOriginalTiki

Thanks space!

6/30 (Sat): Slinky Dog Dash, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror (Park hopping to MK after our Fastpasses are done)

Because I have the extra day (that we may or may not use, depending on how things fall), I'm going to see if I could book some stuff either 6/27 after Universal at Epcot or 7/1 in the morning before we head to the beach for a few days. If for some reason I'm not able to get FOP on 6/28, I'll try to book it for this day so we have the chance to ride it.

Good luck with Flight of Passage. Those things are infamously difficult. I know firsthand because I had the pleasure of experiencing them being sold out at literally THE soonest I could have possibly gotten them. What I'd recommend you do with Animal Kingdom is get a Fastpass for River Journey (assuming you indeed can't score that miracle FoP Fastpass) and start your park tour at Dinosaur working your way around the park. I guarantee the lines for Dinosaur, Everest, etc. will be non-existent with everyone rope-dropping Pandora and you'll easily be able to crack out pretty much everything else in the park. Then around mid-day head to Pandora and just brave the 90-120 minute wait for Flight of Passage. I think this is better than doing a Flight of Passage rope drop because you'll avoid the crazy stress of the mob-like crowds, be able to crack out pretty much the entire rest of the park, and actually be able to soak up the Flight of Passage queue which trust me, makes the wait go by like it's nothing.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks space!

Personally, I would say Dinosaur over Everest because Everest has single riders. BUT Everest would have the longer queue for standby, so if you don't want to do single rider stick with that plan

Voxel

President of Progress City
Personally, I would say Dinosaur over Everest because Everest has single riders. BUT Everest would have the longer queue for standby, so if you don't want to do single rider stick with that plan
Dino is almost a walk on.> Every time I have a fast pass the Standby is 10/15 mins 20 max.

If your skipping FOP in the morning than you will be able to hit Everest Back to back to back, same with Dino. Most of the time. A few weekends ago I got on Everest 3 times in 35 minutes on the Standby line.

tcool123

Not sure if this applies since you're going in the summer but yesterday I was able to ride Dinosaur with 2 other people as Rivers of Light was going on. There was no wait and they allowed to skip the preshow. The same situation occured fpr Primeval Whirl and Triceratop Spin. Finished Dinoland in about 15 minutes during the first showing of Rivers of Light.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom