Test Track closing early April 19

mattdenine

Except I tend to draw the line when they start renting out major pavilions and attractions that everyone can't attend. And don't get me wrong, I love WDW!

Money talks, these types of special events are nothing new and they are not going anywhere. Honestly if a ride closing for 2 1/2 hours shouldn't ruin your vacation. And if you're not epcot today, your not in Disney today, or even in Florida today but rather your are sitting on your computer from your home/job this really shouldn't bother you.

EricsBiscuit

Money talks, these types of special events are nothing new and they are not going anywhere. Honestly if a ride closing for 2 1/2 hours shouldn't ruin your vacation. And if you're not epcot today, your not in Disney today, or even in Florida today but rather your are sitting on your computer from your home/job this really shouldn't bother you.
I'm in FL lol but I guess it was an overreaction.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Except I tend to draw the line when they start renting out major pavilions and attractions that everyone can't attend. And don't get me wrong, I love WDW!

How is Disney supposed to get sponsorships if they don’t allow the corporations to use the very attractions/pavilions that those corporations sponsor, presuming this is a Chevrolet-related event?

Biff215

How is Disney supposed to get sponsorships if they don’t allow the corporations to use the very attractions/pavilions that those corporations sponsor, presuming this is a Chevrolet-related event?
If this is sarcastic, I couldn't agree more. If serious, I'd have to disagree. I don't mind Disney seeking sponsorship, that's their business. But it shouldn't cut into a park's regular operating hours that were posted six months in advance. I'm sure there are some guests at Epcot tonight where this is their only time there. They may not be the majority of guests but it does affect someone, especially last minute. It's not the end of the world, but guests deserve better IMO, especially in a park with so few attractions to begin with and the high cost of admission.

21stamps

If this is sarcastic, I couldn't agree more. If serious, I'd have to disagree. I don't mind Disney seeking sponsorship, that's their business. But it shouldn't cut into a park's regular operating hours that were posted six months in advance. I'm sure there are some guests at Epcot tonight where this is their only time there. They may not be the majority of guests but it does affect someone, especially last minute. It's not the end of the world, but guests deserve better IMO, especially in a park with so few attractions to begin with and the high cost of admission.
I think those poor unfortunate souls will be ok. Here’s the wait times at Epcot right now-
1E2CF82E-BCAC-40FB-ACD6-5EB3AF33E8EC.png

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Sheesh and here I was thinking they were going to close it for a reskin. But then I remembered that Chevy is probably paying Disney, not the other way around. $hapek is okay with this.

Gitson Shiggles

I am serious. Perhaps Disney could have done a better job at publicizing this closure in advance. In the end, however, Chevrolet sponsors TT and probably has a lot of leeway when it comes to events. If not for their sponsorship, there would not be Test Track.

Gitson Shiggles

I remember a time when attractions at Disney Parks weren't under the threat of being reskinned. It wasn't that long ago.

I thought you were referring to other corporations paying Disney for sponsorship.

Which reskins are you referring to in particular?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom