Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Or just take the bus from MK directly to DHS...

EDIT: I really feel like more effort should have been put into making it seem even more arduous to get from MK to DHS. Maybe next time figure out a way to loop in a Lynx bus and Hogwarts Express?

Or Minnie Van. That's the nice thing about WDW, so many different transportation options to get from Point A to Point B.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
It does exist. You have admit that Disney transport is a mess. I take the monorail, busses, and will take the Gondola when it applies. However, overall I prefer a transport solution that address everything, not band aids, and stop gaps, that are going to cost more in the long run.
the problem is your trying to have them create a solution that essentially takes care of everything that was non existent back when WDW opened. Yes its here now, so they have to do this bandaid approach. Other option would be to revamp the WHOLE transportation altogether and spend WAYYYY more money than every anticipated. We are talking, dedicated roadways for busses only (we have a form of this, but it intertwines with current roadways), a full monorail system across all parks, people movers etc. etc. etc. to do this your gonna have a TERRIBLE time trying to get into disney, more than how it is now with all the road construction

TBF they did try to anticipate more people but creating larger transportation stations for the old monorails, so it could fit 6 cars.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It does exist. You have admit that Disney transport is a mess. I take the monorail, busses, and will take the Gondola when it applies. However, overall I prefer a transport solution that address everything, not band aids, and stop gaps, that are going to cost more in the long run.

I have no problem getting around the 47 square miles that is WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
EPCOT line was poured on site to save money. The original two lines were poured off site and brought in - it is my understanding the Resort and Express lines are in much better condition because they weren’t poured in the FL weather.

My understanding is that is the case as well...I thought I had read/heard that the originals were poured at Boeing?!?

But anyway...none will last for another 50 years...and it’s not amusement park legend that the monorail extension was studied and rejected based on the cost per mile in 1987 when mgm and the phase 2 resorts were underway...and that was in 80’s dollars.

It doesn’t matter what the trains look like or how they are powered ultimately - as I understand it (novice opinion).

Look at the gondola...I bet those are dirt cheap to run, they are adaptable, and you can probably tie in new legs in no time. Think about a gondola to the MK area with an extension leg to the ft wilderness area...it’s kinda a no brainer from a cost standpoint.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
My understanding is that is the case as well...I thought I had read/heard that the originals were poured at Boeing?!?

But anyway...none will last for another 50 years...and it’s not amusement park legend that the monorail extension was studied and rejected based on the cost per mile in 1987 when mgm and the phase 2 resorts were underway...and that was in 80’s dollars.

It doesn’t matter what the trains look like or how they are powered ultimately - as I understand it (novice opinion).

Look at the gondola...I bet those are dirt cheap to run, they are adaptable, and you can probably tie in new legs in no time. Think about a gondola to the MK area with an extension leg to the ft wilderness area...it’s kinda a no brainer from a cost standpoint.

with the type of tech they have now, im sure they could switch to steel beams if they wanted to. just like how our highways are either steel bridges or concrete... yea cost per mile was insane, however i feel like they should do the "spare no expense" method :p

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Or automated people movers from every park and resort ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If this is true, I wonder if it will be replaced slowly over time or all of them at once? Or maybe they'll replace the Epcot ones first since they don't go through the Contemporary? Just throwing ideas out there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If this is true, I wonder if it will be replaced slowly over time or all of them at once? Or maybe they'll replace the Epcot ones first since they don't go through the Contemporary? Just throwing ideas out there.

I don’t see there being much of a chance of this being true...

And you’ve followed me be an internal optimist for years 🤓

msg7

I wouldn’t put it past Disney to modify the 300.... They need a higher capacity which correct me if I’m wrong but, I believe the 300 has a higher capacity than the 200. Disney wants things to be original just like their Mark VI monorail from Bombardier also. (not an off the shelf model) They’re either going to modify the model they choose heavily or design one from scratch....

NelsonRD

Or Minnie Van. That's the nice thing about WDW, so many different transportation options to get from Point A to Point B.

Mini Van, is expensive if used
the problem is your trying to have them create a solution that essentially takes care of everything that was non existent back when WDW opened. Yes its here now, so they have to do this bandaid approach. Other option would be to revamp the WHOLE transportation altogether and spend WAYYYY more money than every anticipated. We are talking, dedicated roadways for busses only (we have a form of this, but it intertwines with current roadways), a full monorail system across all parks, people movers etc. etc. etc. to do this your gonna have a TERRIBLE time trying to get into disney, more than how it is now with all the road construction

TBF they did try to anticipate more people but creating larger transportation stations for the old monorails, so it could fit 6 cars.

I do not think it is that complicated. Take the monorail loop and route it south by the solar farm leaving Epcot to serve HS. From HS, continue west to AK, return back north and connect back to Epcot Mickey solar farm. That total loop will be less track than the loop added for Epcot and will service all 4 parks. And for the cost argument, again, refund the Gondola, Ferry Boat Dock, Roads/Bridges, etc.... Then the buses would serve Resort to Parks, monorail Park to Park. I just don't like how disjointed everything is, and again, everybody is more upset about the broken yeti, then spending hours on your vacation waiting for transport.

Castle Cake Apologist

Nope.

Unless you keep track of his misses along with his hits, then you really don't have a clear idea of how wrong he is. E.g., he said that the Speedway was going away to make room for TRON Cycle (and when it didn't come to be, he refused to admit he was wrong). He posted a 'leaked' image of the FoP vehicle, which had a prosthetic head and wings, which, of course, the cycles don't have. He reported three different times that Stitch was closed for good for ever (and he refused to acknowledge one of those times he did so).

All this would be mitigated if he labeled these things as "RUMOR:". But he doesn't. True to the nickname 'clickbait,' he titles them "BREAKING!".

Didn't he even say that Stitch had been completely gutted already?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom