News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think they are going to at least make an attempt to tie it to Epcot's theme with the queue and preshows. Whether it ends up being a half hearted attempt or they actually pull it off remains to be seen. I'm hoping for the latter but expecting the former.
They tied Flight of Passage pretty well into the themes of Animal Kingdom. Turned it into an educational attraction about keystone species, their place and impact on the local wildlife, and the reason/methods of studying them safely.

That is 99% all in the preshow, but given that context the ride itself serves as somewhat of a visual example of what you learned.

Even if, without that context, it's just a really well executed and immeraive thrill ride.

If that's the care and attention they pay towards an E ticket that might he a tough sell for Animal Kingdom (a park with a lot fewer die hard purists watching Disney's every move). I see no reason to doubt they will put just as much effort into making Gaurdians fit Epcot's themes. Even if mostly just with the preshow.

This isn't a rushed, cash-in overlay like frozen or nemo. This is an entirely new E Ticket build and the first major step in a refresh of Epcot. I have no doubt the Disney can do it right based on their recent big scale projects

EricsBiscuit

The ride itself hopefully is t educational. A roller coaster, teaching? That wouldn't be work very well. But, if they had exhibits and stuff for an educational part they have plenty of space.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The ride itself hopefully is t educational. A roller coaster, teaching? That wouldn't be work very well. But, if they had exhibits and stuff for an educational part they have plenty of space.

Maybe the ride will have little to nothing to do with energy (only fictional ties or VERY loose connections that glaze over any relevant details), but after you get off the ride, before they allow you to leave the attraction, they'll make you sit and watch a 5 minute video narrated by David Attenborough about the real world relevance of energy (sponsored by BP)... oh, and a giant mural in the queue depicting lots of different forms of energy (both in production and use) with several hidden Mickeys to keep us busy while in the queue...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom