The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
More and more sites are making automatic re-directions scripts, that push you toward the country the site THINKS you're from.

I hated this so much from the site ESPN. Because it failed a lot. No seriously, it send me to Brazil's or spain's spain version instead of the north america version.

And a lot of the individual pages did not work when they were linked from these sites.

I wouldn't surprise me if WDW is using the same tool now, to redirect you to the specific Disney version of your country.
Still, wishing more and more sites would use the newegg or amazon's approach.
That instead of forcing you at all cost to move to the other country's version... they actually ASK you.. something like "We detected you are browsing from Mexico, would you want to go to the Mexican landing page? or stay at the USA ?"

Well that's lousey news. Heaven forbid, they ask you if you want this new feature--which I'm sure most people would NOT.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Glad to hear you're both having fun down there. Pictures are nice, too--especially the one of the castle.

Incidentally, how is his ankle? He just recently had the boot off and was walking around. I was wondering if he was struggling a bit with all the walking down there. Are you both taking breaks so that he can rest it a bit?

Thanks. Brads ankle is doing ok. We are going a little slower than usual and we always take breaks.

donaldtoo

Let me tell you about my Saturday night. Got a phone call on the house phone came up POLICE with a far south area code. Figured it was a scam call, so didn't rush to answer. It was an officer wanting to ask my DH a few questions. Which was weird. A town, in IL, but he had never been there. DH called the station directly, and he is now a star witness. The police were called on a domestic violence case, and they asked the guy for his license. He gave them a license, with his picture, but all of DH's info. We knew his identity had been stolen, and that they also had his social security number. Always figured it had been part of a bigger thing. Not some guy 50 miles or so south of us. Had some credit cards, too. Since DH has a credit freeze, not sure how the guy managed to get them.

Officer sent an email with the fake ID yesterday to DH. Um, yeah, not even close to looking like DH.

Woof!
Major sympathy like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom