Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

jaxonp

I'm excited for IP Showcase!

This park is literally going to be organized into these sections:

Pixar Studios:
Toy Story Land ( 3 current attractions, maybe 1 new )
Ratatouille Land ( Rat and Remy restaurant )
Cars Ride
Crush Coaster (Nemo)
Aladdin Spinner - watch it get retimed to Incredibles or something
Shops
Dinning

Marvel Studios:
RnRC retheme
another attraction
show?
maybe tower to GotG
Shops
Dinning

Hollywood Land:
ToT
Anamagique
Cinamagique
Shops
Dinning

Star Wars Galaxy Edge:
Big Bird or Alcatraz
Shops
Dinning

Frozen Land:
E-ticket
Spinner
Shops
Dinning

New nighttime show around IPShowcase lake.

Last edited:

Absimilliard

From what I can gather from the concept art and what insiders are saying on the french DLP forums:

- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge will feature Battle Escape as its attraction, not Millennium Falcon. One important clue to this is the fact the Millennium Falcon is not present on the concept art shown today.

- 2023/2024 is the expected end date for this.

- Marvel Land will feature the HKDL Avengers e-ticket attraction, either replacing the stunt show or the London Reign of Fire scene. No word on the fate of Armageddon and new stores and restaurants will flesh out the land. I expect both Backstage Cafe/Rendez-Vous des Stars (the buffet) and the small Cafe des Cascadeurs to be replaced during this or at least rethemed. Stitch Encounter and Disney Junior will dissapear as well.

- New attraction, restaurant and store for Frozen, as a repeat of the new HKDL land basically.

- New minor attraction coming to Toy Story Land, probably the Alien Swirly ride from WDW Toy Story Land.

- The big one: an insider is stating that another new attraction is coming near Tower of Terror.

My opinion on all this? Very, very good news and the best theme park additions under Iger reign. It finally expands the park, add good IP's where they belong and the best of all this? A sensible timeline where things will open sooner than later.

Absimilliard

What will replace Stitch and Disney Junior, always remember hearing rumors of soarin for this corner.

Soarin' there won't happen. It was slotted for the corner between Cinemagique/Disney Channel building and the train tracks, but the new entertainment support building for the Studios is going in that location.

BrianLo

They are basically re-using old Galaxy edge concept art, which always sketchily made the Battle Escape/Alcatraz ride area blurry or nonexistent. I therefore don't know if conclusions can actually be drawn about it having only one attraction simply based on the concept art.

ZZ518F6378-700x526.jpg

I also cannot fathom them not building the millennium falcon. Even if Battle Escape will be better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom