News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wait what’s wrong with that blog? They usually come out first with the news updates and provide pictures of what the park is like on certain days. I use them as my first source most times.

At times, yes, they have come out first, like saying that, at D23, Disney would announce that the MK is getting the TRON Cycle and it would be replacing the Speedway. They were so proud of that scoop (meanwhile, @marni1971 was giving us the background of how it was considered and then nixed and considered again).

But they were wrong about the Speedway. And when that was pointed out to them, Mr. C claimed that the "CONFIRMATION!" only applied to TRON and not the Speedway, which it clearly did.

Just a small example of the runaway ego. Also, that's an example of getting something half right. He often gets it wrong. And... let's just say he's not easy to get along with.

For a while, even the subreddit for WDWDisney was banning links to his site for the same reasons. There's a reason his nickname is "Clickbait."

SteamboatJoe

Oh no, you might be on to something. But that's a lot of real estate for one restaurant. WoL is very large.

My preference is that WoL be revived into a fully functioning pavilion with numerous attractions again. Utilization of all that space for one restaurant would not seem very efficient. However, that said, the idea of putting the space restaurant in there got me thinking. Wouldn't it be sort of neat if they put a dining room under the dome and the interior of the dome was turned into a planetarium?

MrConbon

At times, yes, they have come out first, like saying that, at D23, Disney would announce that the MK is getting the TRON Cycle and it would be replacing the Speedway. They were so proud of that scoop (meanwhile, @marni1971 was giving us the background of how it was considered and then nixed and considered again).

But they were wrong about the Speedway. And when that was pointed out to them, Mr. C claimed that the "CONFIRMATION!" only applied to TRON and not the Speedway, which it clearly did.

Just a small example of the runaway ego. Also, that's an example of getting something half right. He often gets it wrong. And... let's just say he's not easy to get along with.

For a while, even the subreddit for WDWDisney was banning links to his site for the same reasons. There's a reason his nickname is "Clickbait."

I mean marni1971 is never completely right either. I’m the latest post he pointed out that something new coming to the wonders of life pavilion is just speculation.

wdwfan4ver

Wait what’s wrong with that blog? They usually come out first with the news updates and provide pictures of what the park is like on certain days. I use them as my first source most times.
I like his pictures myself, but I don't completely trust his information or I read it here first.

It starts with a lot of his information came from this site first, but credits it as his own. He does stuff like announcing permits that members of this forum found and posted first. He also got information from insiders on our site also by reading it on this website.

Last edited:

trainplane3

I mean marni1971 is never completely right either. I’m the latest post he pointed out that something new coming to the wonders of life pavilion is just speculation.
He never claims to be 100% right. He always states what the current project is looking like but follows that up with the line "X may change". While Clickbait, The Boy Wonder sits there and claims to be right about everything and takes credit for everything even if it isn't his. A lot of the info he gets usually comes from this site (see the Skyliner, Tron, Guardians, and talking Mickey). Clicky is near TPR levels (not as politically charged or ban happy though) in terms of claiming to being right about everything. At least our insiders here are laid back and aren't in a rush to be first and even when they are, they don't scream "I'm first and right, just watch!!". You can ask @marni1971 (or our several other insiders) something, and he'll answer the best he can without posting it on Twitter, his site, and making sure everyone knows he's perfect and the word of Disney and to thank him for his info when it comes true (because of course it will be 100% right).

I'm pretty sure Martin's never said anything was coming to WoL at this time, it's set to be a festival center for a chunk of the next decade. But as he always states, that can change.

HauntedMansionFLA

He never claims to be 100% right. He always states what the current project is looking like but follows that up with the line "X may change". While Clickbait, The Boy Wonder sits there and claims to be right about everything and takes credit for everything even if it isn't his. A lot of the info he gets usually comes from this site (see the Skyliner, Tron, Guardians, and talking Mickey). Clicky is near TPR levels (not as politically charged or ban happy though) in terms of claiming to being right about everything. At least our insiders here are laid back and aren't in a rush to be first and even when they are, they don't scream "I'm first and right, just watch!!". You can ask @marni1971 (or our several other insiders) something, and he'll answer the best he can without posting it on Twitter, his site, and making sure everyone knows he's perfect and the word of Disney and to thank him for his info when it comes true (because of course it will be 100% right).

I'm pretty sure Martin's never said anything was coming to WoL at this time, it's set to be a festival center for a chunk of the next decade. But as he always states, that can change.
What ever happened to @WDW1974 ???

castlecake2.0

He also copies and pastes from the Disney Parks blog a lot and doesn’t reference where the material comes from. It would be super easy to just put “source: Disney park blog” at the end of the article.

trainplane3

He also copies and pastes from the Disney Parks blog a lot and doesn’t reference where the material comes from. It would be super easy to just put “source: Disney park blog” at the end of the article.
For real. If you're going to use another site, at least cite your source. I mean, you went trough the "hassle" of taking the info and pictures so adding that at the end wouldn't be hard. But then again, I'm sure it'd hurt his ego to let people know he wasn't first.

jaxonp

Please please put something in WOL... that side of future world would be pretty busy with GotG and the new restaurant with exsistin TT and MS! It would leave the other side pretty bare though!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Someone theorized that WOL would become the space restaurant. That sounds about right.
Oh no, you might be on to something. But that's a lot of real estate for one restaurant. WoL is very large.
Yes, maybe so. But maybe there will be more to it than just eating. Maybe there would be an educational piece to it? And then of course, some shopping? Sitting right between two space rides seems to make sense.

Nope. As has been said quite a few times the restaurant is going south of MS.

I have said the building is no longer under a will be removed order. I’d be surprised if anything happens this year but it’s not longer going to necessarily be demoed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I recently (since Christmas) posted that WoL may not be a festival Center for long. But not to get too excited for now.

Aha. Found it. Posted January 31st:

At the moment it isn’t but let’s just say demolition isn’t as certain as it may once have been.

There’s also a semi recent idea that maybe festival space isn’t the best use of a $85 million dollar facility.

In the meantime anything used by cast or guests has to be maintained. It’s likely this is work that can’t be ignored anymore.

I'll also be the first to say I’m never right all the time. I have no desire to be to be honest. It’s all just for a bit of fun.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom