Mousekeeping Opt Out

Mainahman

Original Poster
Anyone done this yet? IS it all or nothing? Staying at pop march 3rd to 10th and dont really need it every day, but can you cut it back to evry other day and still get the gift cards, or is it all or nothing?

Ricky Spanish

Opted out during our Thanksgiving stay.
Don't think you can pick and choose, believe it's all or nothing.
But we just called for towels, etc. and they showed up in a timely manner.
And we keep our room neat anyway.

Mainahman

Original Poster
excellent to know. I mean were all adults. were driving so we bring all the needs with us short of towels etc, and arent in the room much to make a significant mess.

Minnesota disney fan

Yes, but remember, OP, that if you opt out of housekeeping, you will still get daily "security" checks. Kind of defeats the purpose of no housekeeping for privacy, if that's what you want.
So, you will still get someone in your room to check it out daily. I would probably opt For housekeeping so that security doesn't come in each day of my vacation. Just a different take on it.

Mainahman

Original Poster
were never there for the most part, for us we can pick up our own stuff etc. they can check all they want as long as its not in the middle of the night hah! its not a privacy thing, just if it generates a bit more spending money, and all i have to do is pick up after myself like i already do im cool with that.

Starlight67

So, you will still get someone in your room to check it out daily. I would probably opt For housekeeping so that security doesn't come in each day of my vacation.

This would seem like the way it SHOULD work. After all how many Disney employees need to 'check' the room? It doesn't work that way though. (At least it didn't in January of this year staying at Port Orleans.) We HAD housekeeping services, but the security check guy ALSO came in once a day. I know because I was in the room the two afternoons he came by. o_O

The Blue Fairy

We stayed at Pop Century the first week of February and opted out of the housekeeping. In exchange for our 7 night stay we got a $60 gift card emailed to us. We did have security check on us 3 times while we were in the room. They knocked on the door and asked if everything was OK and then moved on. We also had housekeeping knock on the door in the middle of our stay to ask if we needed anything, which was nice.

We thought it was a good deal because we keep our room fairly neat ourselves and don't like the idea of someone else cleaning up after us.

Also, they have replaced the Do Not Disturb signs with Room Occupied signs in case you're wondering.

YankeeMouse

Stayed 3 nights, opted out, got $20 gift cared at CBR. We keep room clean, kids are grown and gone, and I travel with those Lysol wipes, especially with the flu this season. We got extra coffee pods the first day so didn't need to call on them for that. For a short 3 night stay, I'd do it again.

MickeyMomV

We did it at Riverside over Thanksgiving. It is NOT all or nothing. You can do it for as may days as you want or don't want. They gave us a $10/night credit starting on our second night. We opted out for the entire 7 night stay and received a $60 credit. We then just applied it towards our room charges. They said you can call mousekeeping at any time and "schedule" a cleaning. We thought about doing day 4 but we just grabbed fresh towels and were good to go.

Minnesota disney fan

This would seem like the way it SHOULD work. After all how many Disney employees need to 'check' the room? It doesn't work that way though. (At least it didn't in January of this year staying at Port Orleans.) We HAD housekeeping services, but the security check guy ALSO came in once a day. I know because I was in the room the two afternoons he came by. o_O

That is just crazy!!! Why have the policy if they arent' consistent? Seriously, I've never had consistent every day housekeeping without calling them to do their job! So, I guess I should have known this! We are one week away and staying at POFQ for the first time. We love POR but moved due to thedog policy.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
By that same logic, eating at home instead of eating out for every meal puts restaurant workers out of work. Your logic is flawed, please try again...
Actually, it’s not. If I choose not to eat out, it’s quite likely someone else will use the table. If I choose not to use Mousekeeping, someone who otherwise would have work gets told to stay home without pay.

I choose to be a decent human being.

NelleBelle

Is parking free at Disney Springs?
Actually, it’s not. If I choose not to eat out, it’s quite likely someone else will use the table. If I choose not to use Mousekeeping, someone who otherwise would have work gets told to stay home without pay.

Plus, the rooms that the mousekeepers don't make up, they don't gather tips from, further decreasing "pay"

Starlight67

I'm wondering if we will see a time where housekeeping services are no longer included with your hotel room. But rather an optional upcharge service, tacked on to the charge the room if you opt-IN. Not even talking about just Disney hotels-but across the hotel industry.

It's possible. After all the airlines figured out a way to charge for 'usual stuff' that had always been included with your ticket--(checked baggage, meals, pillows, blankets, halfway decent legroom...etc.). Now all those charges are just seen as normal. :rolleyes:

NelleBelle

I'm wondering if we will see a time where housekeeping services are no longer included with your hotel room. But rather an optional upcharge service, tacked on to the charge the room if you opt-IN. Not even talking about just Disney hotels-but across the hotel industry.

It's possible. After all the airlines figured out a way to charge for 'usual stuff' that had always been included with your ticket--(checked baggage, meals, pillows, blankets, halfway decent legroom...etc.). Now all those charges are just seen as normal. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me, especially at the more budget-friendly places (thinking of the airline equivalent of Spirit airlines, which by the time you add up all the ridiculous fees, you should've just flown one of the legacy carriers).

Tom P.

The over-the-top hyperbole and drama, not to mention the general lack of sensitivity to other people, never ceases to amaze me on these boards. Normally, I just ignore it and move on, as engaging is generally counterproductive.

But this is ludicrous. If someone is offered the option of opting out of Mousekeeping and accepts, they are not being a decent human being? Everyone on this thread who says they have opted out doesn't care about poor people? Oh shut up.

We're not talking about refusing to feed starving children in Ethiopia here. We're talking about a tiny, tiny percentage of Disney resort guests taking advantage of a small perk offered by Disney to them for foregoing a particular service. Whether or not someone chooses to forego Mousekeeping or not has nothing to do with whether or not they are a decent human being.

Seriously, sometimes I wonder if the Internet has really been a benefit to society...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom