Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haymarket2008

Not sure if I have mentioned this before.... but was wondering if there are plans to release a 50th anniversary box set similar to Disneyland's? Would love to own such classics as "If You Had Wings" and "Now Is The Time".... I bought DL's box set and love it. I'm sure a WDW set would be just as amazing!

Goodness, I hope! It’s going to be one huge set! They’ll most likely release something for the 50th, for sure.

Kman101

I definitely think that the current nighttime parade at MK is superior to the PTN at DCA.

Here is my favorite part...

closingnew8.jpg

Wasn't that the same view Disneyland had for, IDK, how long?

brb1006

PTN has everything over 'no nighttime parade' that currently exists at MK.

What I wish had happened was that MK got PTN instead of DCA for a 3-4 year run, to be replaced by a new built for MK parade for the 50th.
We already have enough pop music heard throughout MK for one day. We don't want another at night.

brb1006

It was just a joke man. No need to get your panties up in a bunch.

I just find it funny that you guys are throwing shade at PTN when WDW has 4 THEME PARKS and yet has 0 NIGHTTIME PARADES currently running.
When I think of Magic Kingdom at night, Spectromagic is the perfect parade that really fits the nighttime atmosphere compared to Paint the Night which is to energetic for my taste.

Compare this

to this

brb1006

WDW is approximately the size of SAN FRANCISCO, yet they can't manage to run a nighttime parade in the MOST POPULAR THEME PARK ON EARTH or in one of their other 3 parks?

Wat8.jpg
If only WDW stuck to the original plan of having MSEP run for one summer. Since Spectromagic was planned to have a major refurbishment before getting badly damaged.

And at one point, WDW used to have three parades (Not counting the nighttime parade) running daily for MK,AK, and Epcot back in the early 2000's.

Last edited:

Magic Feather

It was just a joke man. No need to get your panties up in a bunch.

I just find it funny that you guys are throwing shade at PTN when WDW has 4 THEME PARKS and yet has 0 NIGHTTIME PARADES currently running.
The real issue is that WDW has 4 THEME PARKS and yet has 1 PARADE, as opposed to Disneyland which had/has (IDK the Pixar/Soundational Switch) 2 THEME PARKS and yet has 3 PARADES. Heck, Hong Kong has 1 THEME PARK and 2 PARADES.

spectromagic04

The real issue is that WDW has 4 THEME PARKS and yet has 1 PARADE, as opposed to Disneyland which had/has (IDK the Pixar/Soundational Switch) 2 THEME PARKS and yet has 3 PARADES. Heck, Hong Kong has 1 THEME PARK and 2 PARADES.
Are there any plans to add any new parades to the WDW parks?

brb1006

Same with Paris that has two parks and two parades. Technically three if you count Fantillusion even when it hasn't run for years due to timezone differences.

dennis-in-ct

If only WDW stuck to the original plan of having MSEP run for one summer. Since Spectromagic was planned to have a major refurbishment before getting badly damaged.

And at one point, WDW used to have three parades (Not counting the nighttime parade) running daily for MK,AK, and Epcot back in the early 2000's.

The sudios also had a parade (cars, stars and motorcars?) that was sent to Disney Studios Paris. Then Hollywood studios received DCA's Pixar Play parade

Little Green Men

I agree WDW needs more parades, but it also has 3 different firework shows running every night, and 2 night water shows running as well. Do any other parks around the world do those nightly? Ik DL has 1 firework show and 2 night water shows

brb1006

The sudios also had a parade (cars, stars and motorcars?) that was sent to Disney Studios Paris. Then Hollywood studios received DCA's Pixar Play parade
And before Stars and Motorcars parade, DHS used to have a new parade every few years dedicated to a release of a hit Disney Animated Film and Pixar. Such as Aladdin,Toy Story Parade, and Mulan being the best examples.

Hattieboxghost110

Poor WDW. No nighttime parade. Just seven nighttime shows.

How many nighttime shows does DL/CA have?

I still remember the SAD STORIES about guests at the Magic Kingdom who would congregate in the evening to watch in excitement the nighttime parade. This was right after the POWERS-THAT-BE decided to put an end to it.

The 7 non-parade nighttime shows WASN'T ENOUGH for these guests. I don't blame them.

The guests waited & waited & waited. They were waiting for an absolution that would never come.

And WDW MANAGEMENT be like...

tenor.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I still remember the SAD STORIES about guests at the Magic Kingdom who would congregate in the evening to watch in excitement the nighttime parade. This was right after the POWERS-THAT-BE decided to put an end to it.

The 7 non-parade nighttime shows WASN'T ENOUGH for these guests. I don't blame them.

The guests waited & waited & waited. They were waiting for an absolution that would never come.

And WDW Management be like...

tenor.gif

Question unanswered: How many nighttime shows does DL/CA have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom