Would you?...

alanandtom

Hello again,

I just can't keep away (too much excitement!)

We're currently booked into the Art of Animation Resort for 7 nights and are currently wondering whether we should make the leap, pay an additional £544.44 to stay in a Standard Room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort.

Would you? Wouldn't you?...

JIMINYCR

I would if the money is available and wouldnt cause a hardship. AKL is a step above AA and even though a standard room might not have as nice of a view.. the resort is beautiful and you do have other viewing options of the animals. AA rooms can be noisier and walking distances depending on your building can be quite far.

Upvote 0

alanandtom

Original Poster
We don't mind the liveliness of places - but after full-on days, might wish to have a quieter place to sleep.

We're also thinking about what we'd do for breakfast. Does AKL provide a good one?

Upvote 0

nani625

We don't mind the liveliness of places - but after full-on days, might wish to have a quieter place to sleep.

We're also thinking about what we'd do for breakfast. Does AKL provide a good one?

Ooooh, Boma’s breakfast buffet has a cult following. Nice options for a good price. Mara is there, too, for quick service selections.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
If it's within budget to make the jump, I'd probably do it! I've only walked around AKL and eaten at Boma and Jiko, but I thought it looked amazing.

Upvote 0

mlee10

I say if you are going without kids and can afford to make the switch, do it! AKL is on my bucket list (saving it for when the DH and I go without the kids). If you are going with kids I will say the AoA is amazing when it comes to the theme and totally immersing yourself in the "Disney Atmosphere".

Upvote 0

alanandtom

Original Poster
We won't be travelling with kids, and we're early 20s - so is it worth soaking up the Disney atmosphere in the days, staying at a quieter resort? Or the full-on experience staying at AoA?

Thank you all for your advice!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We won't be travelling with kids, and we're early 20s - so is it worth soaking up the Disney atmosphere in the days, staying at a quieter resort? Or the full-on experience staying at AoA?

Thank you all for your advice!
If you can do it, I would say go for it!!! AKL is amazing and you will enjoy the whole resort!!! AOA is great but I saved it for when I had children. :)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
AoA is geared towards families with the various themed suites. While the food court is good, AKL has some of the best restaurants on property. And it's a beautiful resort. There are viewing areas for the animals on the savannah if you don't have a savannah view room.

I agree with other posters - if it won't be a hardship to switch resorts, I would. I think you will enjoy the atmosphere (and peace and quiet) at AKL more. Imagine waking up and taking your cup of coffee and sitting on your balcony watching the giraffes enter the savannah in the morning.

Upvote 0

mlee10

We took the plunge and now we're all booked in! Thank you for all your advice - we cannot wait!!!

Great choice! I think you will enjoy the atmosphere and quite honestly, we found the rooms at AoA to be SUPER LOUD! We were in a suite and at night it was just a struggle to get to sleep if you weren't in the bedroom.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom