News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
'4D' simulators are cheap compared to 'real' rides, Any questions as to why they are becoming to WDW's go to solution.

Normally...I'd agree with you...

But this is one case where I don't think it's all about bucks..

It's because the want big, indoor things that can be spun to all demographics...creating long term, but dull innings eaters

Like Phil niekro

mousekedoc

Premium Member
Cloning the Shanghai Ride system wouldn’t be a suggestion not heard before.

But being here would be a new one.
When i first saw the plans for the theatre, i thought to myself that there must have been some last minute “Hey everybody, this Magic Kingdon stuff seems light” talk at the conference room. Then a “we could always do an homage to Walt with some new attraction”. Finally a, “Let’s suggest a theatre at MK, it would be simple to put to paper”. They then plunked it down behind Main Strret, which made no sense to me. It seemed like this was one of those plans that were never meant to be. I am sure there are lots of ideas those Imagineers, muse they are, have been pitching since. I just hope Disney TrueType is embracing a “let’s kick it up a notch” mentality.

yensidtlaw1969

pshh... that'd be like plopping tron right next to space mountain or something
. . . If TRON put you in a rocket and sent you on a dizzying ride through Space. But I see your point.

Pirates in WDW and Pirates in Shanghai are literally the same premise. Hop in a boat for a rollicking Pirate Adventure Ride featuring Jack Sparrow. That they use differing technology as the means to achieve very different ends within this same premise is basically irrelevant in this instance.

As redundant as it is to put TRON next to Space Mountain, to install Shanghai’s Pirates next door to WDW’s would only be more so. Cool though the ride may be. I’m eager to ride it myself one day.

rioriz

In vein of the last big birthday, maybe they are doing the " Every park around the world is giving us a bday present " thing... TRON from Shanghai and Mystic Manor from HKDL, now what from the other parks can we clone...

smile

. . . If TRON put you in a rocket and sent you on a dizzying ride through Space. But I see your point.

Pirates in WDW and Pirates in Shanghai are literally the same premise. Hop in a boat for a rollicking Pirate Adventure Ride featuring Jack Sparrow. That they use differing technology as the means to achieve very different ends within this same premise is basically irrelevant in this instance.

As redundant as it is to put TRON next to Space Mountain, to install Shanghai’s Pirates next door to WDW’s would only be more so. Cool though the ride may be. I’m eager to ride it myself one day.

appreciate the thoughtful counterpoint, but i was speaking largely in jest, my friend...
... especially regarding pirates.

jt04

If the budget is similar to that for the theater I would not expect any sort of classical ride. Tron should be it for the MKs 50th. Theater money should go to Epcot.

IMO.

drwadadli

In vein of the last big birthday, maybe they are doing the " Every park around the world is giving us a bday present " thing... TRON from Shanghai and Mystic Manor from HKDL, now what from the other parks can we clone...
Did I miss something??? I didn't hear anything about getting Mystic Manor from HKDL at WDW. I realize it is a trackless ride so therefore WDW is getting one of those in the ride Ratatouille

ElBendro

Did I miss something??? I didn't hear anything about getting Mystic Manor from HKDL at WDW. I realize it is a trackless ride so therefore WDW is getting one of those in the ride Ratatouille

Just speculation, someone posted a rumor from Universal Insider earlier that the theater was cancelled in favor of bringing a clone that wasn't Indy to Adventureland.

britain

List of possibilities:

Raging Spirits
Roaring Rapids (but without the mountain)
Camp Discovery (rope course)
African-themed theater complex (like Festival of Lion King at Hong Kong)
Polynesian-themed theater complex (like Moana show going at Hong Kong)
Mystic Manor
Shanghai Pirates: Battle for Sunken Treasure (boat ride)
Shanghai Pirates Stunt Show

Any I'm forgetting?

Budget-wise, it's easiest to imagine the Main Street theater being swapped out for an Adventureland theater. But was it confirmed that it's going to be a ride?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom