Pre-Trip The wait, who is coming and where are we staying PTR Part 2

Hi! Its me again! I am indeed going on a trip in a few weeks but I also have another trip coming up and I wanted to do a PTR to help organize my thoughts :joyfull:
So here we go!
Is it ever an entire family trip without confusion?
Some of you may remember our last big family trip in November of 2016. It was filled with last minute additions to the trip, at least 3 different resort changes, split stays because of resort changes etc etc.
THIS time I was prepared though. This trip has been in the works for at least 3.5 years (I will explain more on that later). We picked out the dates months and months ago....made sure it worked for everyone who wanted to come...booked rooms way back in July...and I gave EVERYONE involved a deadline for changes to who was coming. This deadline was the day before the 180 day booking window so that dining reservations would be all set..............................but were we all set?

On a random side note I was just looking back at my old TRs and my pictures are gone :cry::cry::cry:
Anyway...

Lets start with why?:
Many moons ago when we were on our Princess Half Marathon trip we dreamed up this vacation. This was before we would fall into the Disney trap and go all the time so we thought we would plan a trip 3 years from then so that we wouldn't be sad :joyfull::joyfull: Funny that we went on 12 trips (and one Disneyland one) between then and now!
Anyway, the plan was we would go back to Disney to celebrate my Mom's 5 Year Cancer Free Anniversary. Technically we can't officially say she is 5 years yet so for now we will be saying 4 years until its true...but 5 years is a huge reason to celebrate cancer free because the risk of relapse drastically falls! So, my Mom always said when/if she makes it to 5 years we HAVE to celebrate in Disney :)
IMG_5190.JPG

IMG_5177.JPG

Well, I think I will stop here for now to organize the pictures I want to use. I will leave you in suspense of the drama :p

Next up: who...and another reason why

LeighM

I had a similar conversation when I called and spoke to a rep about my hotel reservation. I had read all of the small print before calling to make sure I wasn't missing any details about the promo offer. The woman that I got was one of the rudest people. She made me repeat myself multiple times. She would sigh and huff into the phone while I was talking. She put me on hold without giving me any warning. I suspected it was because she was saying something rude about me to the others around her. When she finally came back to the phone, I had lost all niceness. At that point she thought it would be okay to let loose her attitude with me and said "if I speak slower, would it be easier for you to understand the words that I'm saying?" in completely patronizing tone. At the point, I just lost it with her. I don't often lose my temper but she pushed every wrong button that day. I called back a couple days later, once I calmed down, and spoke to another CM. This one told me that he didn't understand why I was being charged that way since it wasn't written in their system or in the marketing materials but that the computer would not given him an option to change it. He apologized for the terms not being clear to anyone. And I was fine with that proper, polite answer.

LisaBelle

Wow! I cannot believe the reservation CM was so rude to you! I don’t like to complain either, but that type of treatment definitely warranted a complaint! I’m so glad that Darby was able to work it out for you !

AuburnBelle919

A little late joining in but definitely following along! So glad that you were able to get back to POFQ (it is probably my favorite of the moderates also) but it is really unfortunate that the CM behaved like that to you!
I’ll miss being there at the same time as y’all by a few days-my friends and I are going April 20-25 for our first half marathon.
Can’t wait to hear more details (and hopefully no more drama from CMs)!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Looking forward to reading this report! I always enjoy reading your reports and this one sounds like it’s going to be fun! (And hopefully now drama free!).

I can’t believe the CM who spoke to you! That is definitely worthy of an email to guest services. So rude! They needed to know they have staff calling customers stupid :eek: What kind of customer care is that? Terrible. It doesn’t matter that the CM might not have been able to accommodate your request- a polite “I’m sorry, I can’t do that for you I’m afraid” was what should have been said. I’m glad you did email & they got back to you. And that you’re all now where you wanted to be! :)

(P.s. hate these new/2 style emojis too!)

It was so odd...I've had people not be able to help me before but they were never rude about it!

Oh No! I get there on May 5th!

ah no! We will just miss each other thats a bummer

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Glad you emailed about the bad experience! I was so surprised when I was reading that, and so glad that Darby was able to make it better.

Also, our dates will overlap if I keep my May trip. Right now we're planning May 3-6, then Rhett has a work thing in Naples, then back for 9-11 :D

Oh awesome! Maybe we can have another meet up...only you can also meet my crazy family hahaha

What, what, WHAT!?!?!

I cannot believe a Disney CM spoke to you that way! Outrageous!
I would have immediately asked to speak to a manager/superior, but that's probably because I once had a job in customer service, and I would never treat a customer that way.
I'm glad you decided to email them, and hopefully at least one reservations CM will receive further training!
What a relief you were able to book POFQ after all! Although, I think they should have honored your original rate for your trouble.

I agree I thought it was a bit odd that they charged us more...but hey at least I got back to POFQ so I wasn't going to say anything else :joyfull: I think I was just SO flustered that I didn't know what to do - had I been thinking I probably would have asked to talk to someone else or call back

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ugh, I am the same as you! I hate complaining and usually try to let things go, but I feel like I would have called back on this, just because it was something so significant. Glad you were able to get things squared away and back to POFQ! I would love to stay there someday!

Its beautiful there! Its definitely top on our favorite places to stay! I am glad I spoke up too even though it gave me major anxiety haha

Reading this shocked me. I've had some not great CMs on the phone but none of them were this rude. This exchanged wasn't just rude but sounds mean and absolutely not what I would expect from Disney. Hopefully that first CM you spoke with was just having a bad day and that's not how she speaks to most customers.

Glad to hear it all worked out. Go Darby!!!

I think thats why I was so thrown off...I have definitely had bad exchanges with other companies before but never Disney. I understand they are very busy and the CM may have been having a bad day but it was not just curt I feel like it was pretty mean! Darby was awesome! I wrote the company and gave her a glowing review.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
1. Congrats on the five year (almost) for your mother. My mother went through that about 12 years ago and it is great to see others succeed as well.
2. If it helps, most Bengals fans would send you Andy Dalton. You never know if you're getting good/bad Andy.
3. I am envious to the extreme that you are staying at Port Orleans. I stay at Riverside and it is all so pretty.
4. So sorry that you talked with such a bad CM. I've never had that happen. Hopefully, your comments make it to the appropriate people so that they can coach up that first CM.

Looking forward to the trip report.

We don't want Andy Dalton...no offense :joyfull: Glad to hear about your Mom as well! I hope my comments were educational to that CM and not getting in trouble...I was so worried about that!

Wow....there are no words. I mean...ok, if they can't help you, they can at least be polite about it. That is completely unacceptable, and I think I would have had the same reaction...I'd have just wanted to cancel the trip and say to heck with it. But the fact that you make so many trips, they should be rewarding their loyal customers by going the extra mile. Not ridiculing you for asking questions. Yay for Darby!!

Right? Literally no reason to be rude!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following along! Glad to hear you got back into POFQ. And there's nothing wrong with a grown adult sharing a room with her parents... :cool::angelic:

Haha I am totally not ashamed! We just figured it would be a more comfortable fit ...but now that its just me I hopped back in my parents!

That is a stunning gown and your sister is a beautiful bride. Along with her bridesmaids.

Thank you!

Glad to hear the excellent prognosis on your mom. My mom also was a breast cancer survivor.

So, how's the residency going? Plan on running in any more races or was the Princess a one and done? I'll be there a week before you for the 10th Princess Half.

Wow, that was surprising about the CM. I've never had one with that attitude.

And @JamieLee18 is correct....my adult daughter shares a room with me all the time - I'm paying for it, lol.

I am officially finished with residency and onto real life job :) We did run the Wine and Dine Half last year and planning on doing the Dark Side one at some point in the next few years. I heard that the amount of construction they are starting may hinder the races so I may wait a few years. I at least pay for my rooms :) hahahaha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I had a similar conversation when I called and spoke to a rep about my hotel reservation. I had read all of the small print before calling to make sure I wasn't missing any details about the promo offer. The woman that I got was one of the rudest people. She made me repeat myself multiple times. She would sigh and huff into the phone while I was talking. She put me on hold without giving me any warning. I suspected it was because she was saying something rude about me to the others around her. When she finally came back to the phone, I had lost all niceness. At that point she thought it would be okay to let loose her attitude with me and said "if I speak slower, would it be easier for you to understand the words that I'm saying?" in completely patronizing tone. At the point, I just lost it with her. I don't often lose my temper but she pushed every wrong button that day. I called back a couple days later, once I calmed down, and spoke to another CM. This one told me that he didn't understand why I was being charged that way since it wasn't written in their system or in the marketing materials but that the computer would not given him an option to change it. He apologized for the terms not being clear to anyone. And I was fine with that proper, polite answer.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: That sounds 10 times worse than what I experienced! THATS AWFUL! Jeeze....

Wow! I cannot believe the reservation CM was so rude to you! I don’t like to complain either, but that type of treatment definitely warranted a complaint! I’m so glad that Darby was able to work it out for you !

I am glas I said something too...it was just so odd!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
A little late joining in but definitely following along! So glad that you were able to get back to POFQ (it is probably my favorite of the moderates also) but it is really unfortunate that the CM behaved like that to you!
I’ll miss being there at the same time as y’all by a few days-my friends and I are going April 20-25 for our first half marathon.
Can’t wait to hear more details (and hopefully no more drama from CMs)!

Aw nooo! Are you running the Star Wars one?!

LeighM

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: That sounds 10 times worse than what I experienced! THATS AWFUL! Jeeze....

I was honestly in shock. I've talked to some slightly unprofessional CMs (mainly those that work from home for the outside company making ADRs), some odd people (like the woman who kept talking to me in an exaggerated fairy godmother type of voice at the hotel reservation line), and some CMs that you can tell have had a very stressful day but never outright attitude and meanness.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I am officially finished with residency and onto real life job :) We did run the Wine and Dine Half last year and planning on doing the Dark Side one at some point in the next few years. I heard that the amount of construction they are starting may hinder the races so I may wait a few years. I at least pay for my rooms :) hahahaha

Congrats on finishing your residency! So you are now getting some sleep, lol.

Sorry I missed you at the 2017 W&D. This year's races are going to be crazy, with all the construction. But I'm hoping the 2019 SW Dark Side will give us a preview of Galaxy's Edge. It was cool running through Pandora in the dark, with no crowds.

I'd keep running in W&D. Toy Story land should be open by then and I'm hoping they run us through it. And maybe by then they will finish the changes to the MK gate. Running down World Drive with all that construction in the dark isn't fun. But those tall piles of dirt and the sole porta potty came in handy, if you know what I mean. 😉

Or you could just do the SW virtual half. I am - that's how I'm getting my Kessel.

Now, go out and doctor!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I did the Princess and Wine & Dine last year. I’ve already talked some of my friends into considering the Wine & Dine half (or maybe even the challenge) for this year as well.

You are going to end up doing them all. So just bite the bullet and go for them. 😉 Since the Anaheim races are kaput for the next few years, I'll probably add the Marathon - just the Half - in 2019. Its only 3 Halfs in 4 months.

My apologies, @Doc Disney, for hijacking your thread.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Congrats on finishing your residency! So you are now getting some sleep, lol.

Sorry I missed you at the 2017 W&D. This year's races are going to be crazy, with all the construction. But I'm hoping the 2019 SW Dark Side will give us a preview of Galaxy's Edge. It was cool running through Pandora in the dark, with no crowds.

I'd keep running in W&D. Toy Story land should be open by then and I'm hoping they run us through it. And maybe by then they will finish the changes to the MK gate. Running down World Drive with all that construction in the dark isn't fun. But those tall piles of dirt and the sole porta potty came in handy, if you know what I mean. 😉

Or you could just do the SW virtual half. I am - that's how I'm getting my Kessel.

Now, go out and doctor!

Oh yea thats a good point....maybe running the SW 2019 one would be good then. That would mean having to run again though...should probably get on that. Signed up for the Buffalo half in May to get a qualifying time for potential corral placement but not that it matters because we will still probably be in the last corral (in terms of moving down to whoever has the slowest time). I heard with the addition of the Main Street theatre its going to be construction city until 2021 :hungover: Theres a virtual half?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom